• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I would buy this..

That's not going to happen in this economy. My buddy in college works for Nissan in Japan. A rumor has been going on internally that 2010 Nissan GTR will be the last production year for United States. For every GTR sold Nissan loses over $10k USD (NSX was in the similar situation), and he recently confirmed that Nissan has been evaluating to stop the GTR on US soil in the near future. If so, a GTR will likely become a collector's item in US, like the Zanardi edition, or better. The morale of the story is, that auto industries will invest less and less money in high-end sports cars. Exotic sports cars will continue to shine, but cars like GTR, NSX, or even the LF-A just can't survive. Because the riches don't care for them by directly going for Ferrari and Lamborghini, and the average buyers simply can't afford them. The target group and potential customer range are small to begin with, and getting smaller. That's why they fail even they have such amazing vehicles.

I have read that lambo is off 72% of the sale this year and they are targeting the market in China. These exotics car markers are also in trouble as well.

Guys, I think the GTR is nice but the interior is not cool. It is bulbous, bulky and not slick at all. Let's face it ....it's a face only a "ricer" could love. That's the problem - no honest Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, AM, Merc type would be caught dead in one cause they lack the cool cachet'. And that's a fact! That's why the NSX was basically doomed from the start. I am going to be really interested to see if the Evora (Lotus) sells. It might but it's has that Euro flavor - we'll see. I mean as much as we like our seats and they are good, and our cockpit shape is awesome, the materials just aren't quite up to snuff with a similar Porsche of the day or any of the other exotics but the only one that compares in price is the Porsche. It's a funny thing. If the dash had been real leather - would have cracked to hell - but then it would have looked really good. Acura could have updated the interior we all have to agree with that. I've heard it here before. That's part of it. That and the fact that Japan just hasn't quite caught up to the same cachet - the reason Lexus sells is that is is Luxurios and reliable. They spend a lot of time on those interiors in the Lexus and Infinity.

My 2 cents...flame britches on...

Back