• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

idle valve mounting

HELP!! I am in the process of installing a CTSC on my 92 and up until now things were sailing along smoothly and then I ran into a problem. In the instructions it says to install the idle valves (just as on stock) but the new inlet manifold they supplied in the kit has a mounting flange MUCH different than on my 92 manifold. It DOES say that on 95 and newer cars to install the block-off plate which is NOT in my 91-94 kit..what gives?
I took some pics but says my file is to large

VintageracerNYC said:
HELP!! I am in the process of installing a CTSC on my 92 and up until now things were sailing along smoothly and then I ran into a problem. In the instructions it says to install the idle valves (just as on stock) but the new inlet manifold they supplied in the kit has a mounting flange MUCH different than on my 92 manifold. It DOES say that on 95 and newer cars to install the block-off plate which is NOT in my 91-94 kit..what gives?
I took some pics but says my file is to large
There was a "idle valve mounting plate" on the CTSC kit(whipple) I recently installed on my '92.

thanks I will look at my kit as there were some black billet plates but I assumed they were for something else as the directions said nothing about a mounting plate

VintageracerNYC said:
thanks I will look at my kit as there were some black billet plates but I assumed they were for something else as the directions said nothing about a mounting plate
Black billet plate pretty well describes it.

FINISHED!!!!!! Car is fast and smooth and most importantly it has improved the torque dramatically! I hope the clutch can handle it! My next race is end of August so I have plenty of time to test it...thanks Larry B!

Back