• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If only HONDA could use this engine....

Mitch and I are working on convincing Honda Corprate to use the v10, but place a small vase in the dash to hold a small flower,like VW..that will keep it green.

Hope you're talking to Ito-san. Senior management in the US has to ask Japan if it's okay to go to the bathroom. If you are, tell him I promise to keep the cats on and might even consider recycling :)

Gents,

With Honda putting out videos like this...http://world.honda.com/message/blueskies-generation/video/
It seems like this tree-hugging kumbaya trip is here to stay. Unfortunately, they haven't done anything worthwhile in the world of green (no real Hybrid competitor, no real EV, and no clean diesels) to show their prowess so it leaves lots of doubt and leaves a lot on the line in the new NSX. Lightweight, fast, efficient... It's a huge goal. I hope they have something ground-breaking in store.

With technology speeding up so quickly, such as this it might be possible to meet Ito's criteria without a V8 or a V10.
IBM thinks it has a solution with a promising new lithium-air (Li-air) battery. According to the technology giant, a typical Li-air battery cell has a theoretical energy density more than 1,000 times greater than today's industry-standard Li-ion battery cell. Even better, Li-air batteries are one-fifth the size and they offer a lifespan at least five times as long.

I feel that great car manufacturers should provide ground breaking technology the consumer may not be aware of. I really hope they make the V8 or V10 argument a moot point for the NSX2.0. For them to do that, they've got to produce something amazing.

After watching some LF-A videos this morning i got depressed that we wont see an engine anywhere near that in the next NSX.

Why is Honda/Acura having such a hard time to deliver what the enthusiasts actually want and not what is interresting and challenging for the engineers!?

People who buy high performance sports cars dont do it because they are concerned about the environment, they do it because of the thrill and performance.

I realized this NSX Concept is nothing more than a call for attention to make people take notice of Acura as an alternative when buying a hybrid to go shopping or taking the kids to school. :frown:

You stole my thunder..LOL my lines would have been similar to yours...
It's all good tho, lets keep nailing Ito & his environmental concerns, if he is sooooo concern why don't he just make an all electric motor super car, but wait i think Tesla Motors already stole that thunder too.:mad::frown:

If they use the J-series architecture I will both be happy and sad. Happy because i could transplant it entirely or in parts to a TL, and sad because they are so f-ing lazy now in R&D

They wouldn't because of the new direct injection. J engine will probably be retired soon.

This is the ultimate engine to use! I know, it's not possible but what a beauty!

ra168e.jpg

RA168E-690x521.jpg

Last edited:
Back