• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If you could make one LAW that could not be changed

if you are "man" enough to bring a baby into the world, you pay for that kid until it turns 18.

No income, no vote.

Not legal in the state, no benefits at all

To Sarge's original question: I would probably change the composition of velocity and time dilation principles in Einstein's special theory of relativity, so that my lap-times look faster to a casual observer, thus negating the normal stress and fuss of driving hard or buying fresh tires all the time.

Ok. Suppose we have a clock, and let's just say for the purposes of my example it happens to be an AMB transponder. Consider the implications of the following universal changes:

Composition of velocities – velocities (and speeds) do not simply 'add', for example if a rocket is moving at ⅔ the speed of light relative to an observer, and the rocket fires a missile at ⅔ of the speed of light relative to the rocket, the missile does not exceed the speed of light relative to the observer. (In this example, the observer would see the missile travel with a speed of 12/13 the speed of light.)

Suggested changes: Omit the relative crap. The observer [timing beacon] now would see the race car go an extra 65,000 miles per hour due to the speed of Earth's orbit around the sun.

Time dilation – the time lapse between two events is not invariant from one observer to another, but is dependent on the relative speeds of the observers' reference frames (e.g., the twin paradox which concerns a twin who flies off in a spaceship traveling near the speed of light and returns to discover that his or her twin sibling has aged much more).
<DL><DD>
3d19435a89f6266f75ba4428624a1bc2.png
</DD></DL>Suggested changes: the time lapse is invariant for timing beacons, or a casual observer in the grand stands.{ t' ≠ AMB

To Sarge's original question: I would probably change the composition of velocity and time dilation principles in Einstein's special theory of relativity, so that my lap-times look faster to a casual observer, thus negating the normal stress and fuss of driving hard or buying fresh tires all the time.

Ok. Suppose we have a clock, and let's just say for the purposes of my example it happens to be an AMB transponder. Consider the implications of the following universal changes:

Composition of velocities – velocities (and speeds) do not simply 'add', for example if a rocket is moving at ⅔ the speed of light relative to an observer, and the rocket fires a missile at ⅔ of the speed of light relative to the rocket, the missile does not exceed the speed of light relative to the observer. (In this example, the observer would see the missile travel with a speed of 12/13 the speed of light.)

Suggested changes: Omit the relative crap. The observer [timing beacon] now would see the race car go an extra 65,000 miles per hour due to the speed of Earth's orbit around the sun.

Time dilation – the time lapse between two events is not invariant from one observer to another, but is dependent on the relative speeds of the observers' reference frames (e.g., the twin paradox which concerns a twin who flies off in a spaceship traveling near the speed of light and returns to discover that his or her twin sibling has aged much more).
<dl><dd>
3d19435a89f6266f75ba4428624a1bc2.png
</dd></dl>Suggested changes: the time lapse is invariant for timing beacons, or a casual observer in the grand stands.{ t' ≠ AMB

John, if we had this... then your lap times would look much faster to the casual stoned observer. It would also bring new meaning to "wow man, you were smoking out there..."

MM-Weed.jpg

reverse the tax code. The more you make, the lower your tax bracket. You are rewarded for being productive.

If you are a slug, and not productive, you better change, because you are going to be hammered for not being productive. If you are disabled, making it impossible for you to work, you get paid a livable stipend. If you can work but choose not to, tough, your out of luck.

If you can't get hired or find a job, you are sent to various hotels motels or field to work. The govt subsidises the employer you work for, but all of your money received from the government is taxed, while money earned is taxed at a lower rate than money received from the government.

Government Welfare-40% tax bracket
Earned Income-30% 0-60,000, 25% 60k-100k, 20%100k-200k 15% 200k-350k 12%350-??????

Take the laziness reward out of the equation, and people will find a way to avoid paying higher tax rates, by working harder.

A federal balanced budget. This would, at times, inflict short-term pain but would solve many of our long-term problems.

not exercising common courtesy would be punishable by death.

+ 10, but the problem is that educating people on what "courtesy" could cost more and take longer than law school. So.........Good point, may be a way to make gazillions if the law was in effect! :biggrin:

Clergy and military would somehow find exemptions.

A federal balanced budget. This would, at times, inflict short-term pain but would solve many of our long-term problems.

I don't think you guys are grasping the severity of what is being proposed here.

You could make one law that could not be changed.... one law... any law.

You could change the fundamental principles behind the universe. The laws of fertility or evolution. i.e. you could be the new Hugh Hefner...

.... but the first thing that comes to mind here is accounting and tax codes???

Something is amiss... :confused:

Back