• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Imola GP!!!!

Still holding my breath as they are holding Button's car for inspection. If they nullify his podium, that would be disastrous.

Great race and finish!

After the move Michael put on Jenson and one of the Williams car to past them, Fernando did a good job of denying Michael the lines where the Ferrari was stronger.

Sounds like CBS is going to broadcast another three races during the season.
Good news for us Speedvision-less folk.

I had palpitation for the last 12 laps. The race was incredible. The speed of Schumacher was just unbelievable. His move past Button was lighting fast.
Can't wait till the Spain GP.

fannsx said:
Noone has Speedvision anymore.It is just Speed.
Your mistaken too...it's now called NASCAR TV (straight-up red necks 24/7 these days...the channel sold out to the "dollar") :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So glad Schumacher did not win, although that move on Button was a clinic. Borderline embarrassing. I know the Ferrari was the faster car, but Schumacher ate Button's lunch.

How many guys are thinking/going to Montreal or Indy for the F1 race? After today, I'm ready to go.

Jesse

he more ate Button as a light breakfast.....; what a shame A :biggrin: lonzo slowed him down by 3 sec. p. lap....; but hey nice ride for renault's #1.......

foxy-abby said:
So glad Schumacher did not win, although that move on Button was a clinic. Borderline embarrassing. I know the Ferrari was the faster car, but Schumacher ate Button's lunch.
Jesse
I am sorry. I have a hard time understanding every sentence you got up there. Care to explain?
Steve

Just saying that Schumacher's pass to overtake Button was awesome. I wasn't rooting for Schumacher, but he made the pass look too easy. I was happy to see Alonso hold him off. Sorry if I butchered my first post.
Jesse

Schuey graciously gave some of the credit for his passing Button to the McLaren guys who he said kicked up some dirt causing Button to lose grip in the corner. I don't know about that - Michael played the slower traffic into an advantage over Button.

Side note: at first I was disappointed that the race was on CBS but I enjoyed it. Derek Daly did a really good job covering the race.

Just a question: Why do we have 3 or more threads (e.g. here or here ) about the some topic (at least 2 of them in the "off topic" forum) - and this one apparently not in the right forum ("Main NSX Message Forums (stay on topic)") as no NSX runs in F1 :smile:

As such things happens more and more here (in this case even by a marketplace moderator!): Are the forum rules obsolete now or am I just too sensitive?

edit: Thanks for you hint, Russ, so please disregard this post here - I posted a similar question to the administrative forum.

Last edited:
In response to NSX-Racer: This thread falls squarely under the "Track Talk and Race Reports - All forms of racing and high-performance driving plus professional racing results" topic heading. NSX-Racer's post is off-topic. Complaints about posting should be posted in the "NSX Prime Website News & Discussion - Website news, help, questions/suggestions/complaints, test posts, buyer/seller feedback" topic heading. At a minimum, such comments should be posted to the allegedly offending threads (posted under the wrong topic heading) - and not posted to threads which are in the appropriate forum.

Russ said:
In response to NSX-Racer: This thread falls squarely under the "Track Talk and Race Reports - All forms of racing and high-performance driving plus professional racing results" topic heading. NSX-Racer's post is off-topic. Complaints about posting should be posted in the "NSX Prime Website News & Discussion - Website news, help, questions/suggestions/complaints, test posts, buyer/seller feedback" topic heading. At a minimum, such comments should be posted to the allegedly offending threads (posted under the wrong topic heading) - and not posted in threads which are in the appropriate forum.

Great explanation...

foxy-abby said:

How many guys are thinking/going to Montreal or Indy for the F1 race? After today, I'm ready to go.

Jesse

I will be in Indy for F1!

I am sure Honda would not deliberately cheat as many on f1 boards claim, but this will be a tremendous blow to pr unless we get some more concrete facts.

I think Honda comes up with innovative ideas with their cars which happen to conflict with certain regulations. ie braking system last year.

Michael Schumacher put a driving clinic. After watching the race, I'm confused if anybody think he is not the greatest driver at this time, if not all time.

The pass on Button is classic taking advantage of traffic and thinking way ahead. And Button was not pretecting his line at all. I guess once he realized Michael is much faster than he is, he just don't see the point of blocking him as he will get by anyway. I think he sort of hoping Micheal get by Alonso too.

Definitely one of the best race. The commentators (Derek Daly and Ralph Sheehan) was aweful IMHO. Can't wait the replay on Speed Channel.

witch hunt?!?

Russ said:
The race stewards validated Button's podium but FIA is appealing their decision. Looks like there are serious issues in question:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=24233

FP0595%20OH%20SHIT..jpg

hmmm... What's the precedence on this? (ie. has such happened in F1 in the past, and how did "FIA" respond...) :confused:

[Prime Admin: I tried to edit the S' word, but I'm on a shared machine & can't save to desktop and do paintshop. I just thought the image was befitting.]

NSX-Racer said:
Just a question: Why do we have 3 or more threads (e.g. here or here ) about the some topic (at least 2 of them in the "off topic" forum) - and this one apparently not in the right forum ("Main NSX Message Forums (stay on topic)") as no NSX runs in F1 :smile:

As such things happens more and more here (in this case even by a marketplace moderator!): Are the forum rules obsolete now or am I just too sensitive?

edit: Thanks for you hint, Russ, so please disregard this post here - I posted a similar question to the administrative forum.

I understand the 'controversy' has been resolved, but for purposes of clarity.

I was initially unsure of where to post this thread. I considered posting it in the General forum and in off-topic, but I decided on this forum with the understanding that non-NSX racing topics were allowed. I believe that is correct, as has been stated above.

RP-Motorsports said:
I was sooooo pissed. I was looking all over the Speed guide to find the race. I just watched the qualifying, and could not find the race. Now I see why. Bummer. I will have to look for a replay. :mad:

It will be on speed later this week. Personally I think CBS did a lousy job since they cut most of the drivers meeting at the end, also the fact that the race was not real-time like Speed. =( But I look forward to seeing the broadcast by Speed this weekend. =)

Andrie Hartanto said:
Michael Schumacher put a driving clinic. After watching the race, I'm confused if anybody think he is not the greatest driver at this time, if not all time.

The pass on Button is classic taking advantage of traffic and thinking way ahead. And Button was not pretecting his line at all. I guess once he realized Michael is much faster than he is, he just don't see the point of blocking him as he will get by anyway. I think he sort of hoping Micheal get by Alonso too.

Definitely one of the best race. The commentators (Derek Daly and Ralph Sheehan) was aweful IMHO. Can't wait the replay on Speed Channel.
Completely agree with all of your comments. I've seen about 95% of the F1 races since ESPN (?) started broadcasting them in the US about 20+ years ago. One of the best races I've seen and the most exciting in many years. I was on edge and gritting my teeth for the last 12 laps.

Lot's of Schuey bashing going on but you can not deny his talent or 7 titles! I've been a big fan of his since his 1 GP win in 1995 (?).

Back