• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

In Honolulu - Buyer come forward...

...VIN ending in '945', '91 Black NSX was purchased from Acura dealer. Please introduce yourself. Private me at [email protected] . It seems like the NSX was on the BLOCK for about a week, and SNAP, it was gone. If you are located on the Leeward side of the island of Oahu, please see/contact me...Jerry

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

If you are talking about the 91 Black that was at Acura it wasn't me. I did take a look at it but passed on it since it was an automatic.

The night before I went down to look at it was kind of exciting. If it had turned out to be a well keept 5-Speed I would have bought it, but it wasn't the right car for me. Well, I'll just keep looking on the mainland.

Jerry, let me know if you can confirm this, but it seems that for such a small selection of NSXs in Hawaii, we seem to have a high percentage of automatics. Just off the top of my head I can come up with at least 2 black, 1 Sebring Silver, at least 1 red, and your old Monte Carlo Blue one. Seems kind of odd that Hawaii owners liked the automatic so much.

Anyway, take care and I hope you return to the NSX family soon. I hope to join you local NSX owners soon.

I remember Pflueger Acura had a black 99 (If I recall correctly) in their window for well over a year. It sorta became a running joke between Colin and myself. Every time I was in town, the car was still there!

I think finally, Mr.Pflueger gave up and took it home for himself.

------------------
All My NSX'es Live in Texas

Actually, A sheriff bought the Black 99 NSX that was at Acura for a LONG time...He got a prety good deal on it I think...He approached me in the parking lot while I was at the Pearl City Court House paying for some tickets (I thought he was going to tell me to move my car). I had seen him earlier at Ala Moana Shopping center, and he revved me...Needless to say, I revved him back, so he was wondering what I had in my car as it drowned out his car pretty well...And as far as I know, Oahu has a HORRIBLE selection of NSX's to choose from. 90% are high mileage and are not in good condition. I was VERY lucky to get mine with 25k miles on it and in PERFECT shape...Shawn

Actually there was one for sale at Auto Source a few months ago. 5 speed,'91 w/only 18K mi. A friend of mine bought it and got a pretty good deal (it wasn't in snap ring range either). For the most part there really isn't that many NSX's here. I'll be shipping one in from California within the week. BTW I did check out the one at Acura, great price but I was really set on a 5 speed.

[This message has been edited by Deuce (edited 30 October 2002).]

Aloha from Maui......I have a 91 sebring silver, we have 5 on Maui...red,black,green,silver and a purple twin turbo......anyone on Maui read this lets do a crater run.....Mahalo.....Gregg

------------------
Maui Boy

Originally posted by hdsr5:
Actually, A sheriff bought the Black 99 NSX that was at Acura for a LONG time...He got a prety good deal on it I think...Shawn

This is the exact same thing I heard. The Sheriff used to own (maybe stil does) a yellow Legend Coupe. I keept up with his story since I own a Black 6-Speed Legend Coupe and try to meet all the local Legend owners. I heard he paid low $60K range, but that is only what I heard and have no confirmation of this. I do have some pictures of that NSX though as Acura used to display it at all the car shows.

Deuce, do you mind if I keep your name handy and ask you some questions when I find an NSX and ship it back to Oahu? Sounds like you will be shipping yours back soon and I would just like to hear the procedures on shipping cars back here. Thanks.

I remember that black 91 at Autosource...Rima Braden is a good friend of mine...He used to work for my uncle at Executive Auto Center until my uncle died...It was a nice car, BUT they were asking around $45,000 for the car...It probably sold for a bit lower than that, but still....that is ALOT to ask for a 91...I am going to sell my 91 NSX soon, and it has 29k miles, BUT I have a BRAND NEW 6-Spd trans, Comptech Stage 2 Clutch, and about $12,000-$14,000 in upgrades..I am going to ask about $45,000/obo...

BTW...Hey Jerry, do you remember me? You approached my car at Anna Millers in Pearl City a while back...You handed me your card... Shawn

Originally posted by ChrisK:

This is the exact same thing I heard. The Sheriff used to own (maybe stil does) a yellow Legend Coupe. I keept up with his story since I own a Black 6-Speed Legend Coupe and try to meet all the local Legend owners. I heard he paid low $60K range, but that is only what I heard and have no confirmation of this. I do have some pictures of that NSX though as Acura used to display it at all the car shows.

Deuce, do you mind if I keep your name handy and ask you some questions when I find an NSX and ship it back to Oahu? Sounds like you will be shipping yours back soon and I would just like to hear the procedures on shipping cars back here. Thanks.

No problem. Keep in touch and I'll let you know how it goes. Matson says 3-5 weeks from Oakland because of the dock strike. I'm hoping to get my car in for the December show. We'll see....

On another note I believe the '91 at Auto Source sold for about $37K.

Anyone have the number of NSX's on Oahu??

Was the purple twin-turbo shipped from California sometime in the past 2 years?

-Ben

Originally posted by gblue:
Aloha from Maui......I have a 91 sebring silver, we have 5 on Maui...red,black,green,silver and a purple twin turbo......anyone on Maui read this lets do a crater run.....Mahalo.....Gregg

Originally posted by hdsr5:
BTW...Hey Jerry, do you remember me? You approached my car at Anna Millers in Pearl City a while back...You handed me your card... Shawn

Sure do! But I'm short on time right now. I hope to drop you a line sometime later.

Mahalo's - Jerry / Attended NSXPO's '99 & '01

PS - Guy's (any gal's?), please remember if you have any questions, or need membership info. for NSX Club of America (NSXCA), let me know. I'm your main contact here in HAWAII.

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

[This message has been edited by Timeless (edited 30 October 2002).]

Hey Guys, I'm flying back home for my Niece's 16th birthday bash this weekend. Nov 1-4. Huge party let me know if you'd like to attend I'll be staying with my Mom in Aiea. Let me know if any of you xr's want to get together while i'm in town. maybe check out a club or two. Private me, and I'll give you my local phone #

Okay I give up, it was me! This is my first NSX and I absolutely love it. I feel so fortunate to be able to share in the experience everyone here is so familiar with...Kev

Originally posted by kt-hi:
Okay I give up, it was me! This is my first NSX and I absolutely love it. I feel so fortunate to be able to share in the experience everyone here is so familiar with...Kev

OK KEV! (or should that be, HI "R"EV!), please send private e-mail to my alt. address: [email protected] ;
smile.gif
Are you Leeward, Windward, North Shore, or ? ...Jerry
cool.gif

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

Aloha from Maui...yes the twin turbo is a recent arrival..I heard a guy in Huelo that traveled a lot has it...I've seen it twice with a woman driving and thought it was black till a friend of mine who knows the car said it was purple....Maui Boy

------------------
Maui Boy

Is it the Overboost car?
<a href="http://www.brucenomura.com/projectcars/nsx/yuandi/default.asp">href="http://www.brucenomura.com/projectcars/nsx/yuandi/default.asp</a>

If so, the previous owner is a guy I know in the SF Bay Area who recently sold it. If so, what a small world. I used to see that car quite often, and wonder who ended up buying it.

-Ben

Originally posted by gblue:
Aloha from Maui...yes the twin turbo is a recent arrival..I heard a guy in Huelo that traveled a lot has it...I've seen it twice with a woman driving and thought it was black till a friend of mine who knows the car said it was purple....Maui Boy

Originally posted by Crossle77:
I have a place on the Big Island and wondering if I should take mine over there, any NSX's over there? Anyone know how much to ship a car from CA to HI?

George

I'm paying $874.00 from Oakland to Oahu thru Matson. I think it would be about another $200 give or take to ship it to the Big Island.

Do you know if they ship internationally? I'm considering shipping a car to Asia. Can you email me the details of the company?

Thanks,
-Ben

Originally posted by Deuce:
I'm paying $874.00 from Oakland to Oahu thru Matson. I think it would be about another $200 give or take to ship it to the Big Island.

Originally posted by Deuce:

I agree with that! When I sent my Monte Carlo Blue Pearl, '97 to Oakland for Monterey to use at Laguna Seca, NSXPO '99, I believe it was right around there. (The BEST time of my life. GREAT support from a wonderful group - NSXCA. Especially, Bill Zachar and Ken Sax.)- - - Jerry Balcer
cool.gif

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

Originally posted by Ben:
Do you know if they ship internationally? I'm considering shipping a car to Asia. Can you email me the details of the company?

Thanks,
-Ben

I don't know for sure if Matson ships internationally ,however,I know this company by the name of Dependable Auto Shippers has a global door to door service. I haven't shipped anything thru them yet. I found them when I was looking at shipping a car from the east coast. Well here's the info:

Matson 1-800-462-8766/ in Honolulu 848-1215
DAS 1-800-826-1083 www.DASAUTOSHIPPERS.com

Back