• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

In which countries was the NSX sold new?

The Acura NSX and NSX-T was sold new in Canada and the United States of America through authorized Acura dealers.

Besides Japan and Switzerland, where the Honda NSX and NSX-T was sold new, which other countries was the Honda NSX and NSX-T offered new through authorized Honda dealers?

Many thanks,
Howard

The UK was another one. I don't many were sold due to the high markup there but they were offered.

The answer is pretty simple. I would think that the NSX was sold in any country that had a Honda or Acura dealership. I'm sure in some of the smaller markets the car was probably a special order vehicle.

the answer is pretty simple. I would think that the nsx was sold in any country that had a honda or acura dealership. I'm sure in some of the smaller markets the car was probably a special order vehicle.

+ 1

The official importer/distributor of Malaysia brought one in from Japan in 1992and listed it at RM1.1 million (approximately USD440,000 at the exchange rate then of RM2.50 to USD1). Needless to say, it was not sold until 2005 for RM300,000 (USD80,000 at the exchange rate then at RM3.8 to USD1) to a friend of mine. It was sold as a used demo.

All nsx's in Malaysia are brought in by grey importers for a fraction of the official list price.

In the mid-90's, on a trip to Paris I went into the biggest Honda dealer and asked how many NSXs they had sold. NONE, never even had a request... the tariff and duty $ were so high that it doubled the price of the car.

On many trips to Europe I've only seen four NSXs... one in Italy, one in Germany and two in Monaco.

Turkey. Only one was sold by Honda of Turkey. A second NSX later in 1995was sold by the grey market, but as An Acura. So total of two.

Only one officially been sold??? Wow!

I come to Istanbul quite often, as my parents in law live in Istanbul, but I always see a lot of Honda's. I even saw a JDM Civic Type-R (FD2)! I thought there would be more NSX's :)

Taiwan.

NSX was only officially available from Honda for 1 year, in 1997. They only sold 1, which was the Imola Orange car that was shown at the auto shows. After it sold, Honda would borrow it back from the owner for shows, etc. Price was about the equivalent of US$188K. After selling only 1 in 1997, Honda decided not to continue offering the NSX in Taiwan.

Most NSX drivers in Taiwan imported their cars from the US.

A friend of mine asked how much to buy NSX brand new. He was told BND250K. He cancelled his plan to buy one new. I believe most of the NSX's in Brunei are Euro spec due to only one reverse light and foglights as well as the sprinkler on the bumper for the headlamp.

Off thread, IsR, looks like there going to be another pearl white NSX coming mid January. :smile:

Brunei. All NSXs came in special ordered. Never hit the showroom or sold from the Honda agents.

Back