• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Infineon High Performance Driving School

yaynsx said:
Is there any way to still get on this I havent paid yet can I still pay???? Also my friend would like to bring his vette and pay also. Will it work??or is it too late. I really want to go so if I can't can I also come and watch with tk ????

From what I understand, all spots are taken, but you can still sign-up for the waiting list in case there are any last minute cancellations.

Sponsors for Infineon High Performance Driving School

One more! We are happy to announce the sponsorship by K&N Filters.

Here is the list as of today. I am still hoping for one more :cool:

Niello Acura
Marin Acura
Carbotech Engineering
Detailing Dynamics
Ti Cycles Fabrication (TitaniumDave)
92 white 0650 (Hutchins device)
KHrant Enterprises
T.E.A.M. Racing - one track day, good for 2 years!
Driving Ambition - $500 towards labor/Dyno and/or Driving Ambition Product
AutoVation - pedal set and a matching T-shirt
Friend of NSX community - new SOS Zanardi Shift Knob replica
RacingBrake - yep, we are the first to secure their sponsorship with raffle prizes!
Stuck! Caps www.stuckcaps.com
Comptech USA
Goodridge USA http://www.goodridge.net/usa/automotive.htm
Hawk Performance http://www.hawkperformance.com/
K&N Filters http://www.knfilters.com/

Broken record or not, this is a mini NSXPO :biggrin:

If you are a vendor especially with go fast and/or track related stuff, I will repeat again, send me an e-mail. We always welcome sponsors and supporters and we will promote you unabashedly :wink:

The forecast for next Friday is mostly sunny; highs in the mid 90s and lows in the upper 50s. Far better than the 108-110F expected in Sacramento.

But, given such conditions, the track will most likely be on the slippery slide especially from 10 am and on.

You may want to add a bottle of water wetter (RedLine is about $8) in your overflow canister if you haven't done so already; or add more water than 50/50 mix.

Also, it is important that you start hydrating your bodies with electrolytes at least 48 hours before the track event. The heat and adrenaline will take a toll on your body. I prefer Powerade over Gatorade because it has less sodium (only 55mg), and 30mg of potassium. Banana is a good source of potassium as well so stock-up :wink:

Edit: TrackMasters will supply water. Lunch will include soda/juice. But you really need to bring your own electrolytes.

Last edited:
As of this morning's list just released by TrackMasters, we are expecting at least 34 NSXs on the track, and at a minimum another half dozen NSX visitors.

randomharmony said:
anyone fr bay area wants caravan to this?
A caravan sounds like a good idea... maybe we should start a new thread for it?

As usual, I'm probably coming from the farthest south, so I can join up at any meet points you all want to suggest.

bnesse said:
A caravan sounds like a good idea... maybe we should start a new thread for it?

As usual, I'm probably coming from the farthest south, so I can join up at any meet points you all want to suggest.

I plan to drive up Thursday afternoon. Anyone else coming up at this time? Also does anyone recommend a place to stay nearby?

thanks.

FYI ASAP! NOT GOING TO MAKE THE EVENT!
WILL LOOK FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE UP MY SPOT ASAP!

GOING TO DO THE WWW.BULLRUN.COM INSTEAD! :biggrin:

I'VE ALREADY PAID FOR THE SPOT, JUST SEND THE MONEY, I'VE NOTIFIED TRACKMASTERS!

RAVN NSX said:
FYI ASAP! NOT GOING TO MAKE THE EVENT!
WILL LOOK FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE UP MY SPOT ASAP!

GOING TO DO THE WWW.BULLRUN.COM INSTEAD! :biggrin:

I'VE ALREADY PAID FOR THE SPOT, JUST SEND THE MONEY, I'VE NOTIFIED TRACKMASTERS!

I know we aren't celebrities or anything, but if you don't get laid by a hot model or something... you definitely gonna miss out. You better get some ass buddy!

Some event logistics for NSXers that need your attention.

It is to your benefit to attend the mandatory drivers' meeting - even if that means you have to stop unloading or prepping your car in the paddock. The following announcements will be made and we have a schedule to follow; and your presence will be needed and appreciated.

(a) TrackMasters will make a few comments about our sponsors as well as NSXCA for helping to promote this event. We need all of you to be there to receive such accolades, stand up, bow, you know the drill ...... :wink:

(b) All NSXCA members in good standing who registered as students/drivers will receive a $25 refund courtesy of the NW Region's treasury. If your name is not on the latest list that we receive from the national club, you are not a member, even if you submitted the application the night before. But, being that we want you to be happy and participate by receiving all the benefits that members receive, we will accept your new membership with $50 cash; no checks or credit card or will pay you later stories - we have no time to babysit. The extra $10 is for your laziness and our hassle; this will also assure you to participate in the raffle/door prizes :biggrin: See Tom Kohrs during chek-in for registration. We are trying to secure a separate table next to the registration to facilitate this.

(c) All NSXCA members in good standing who registered to drive will receive raffle/door prize tickets. We are not going to chase late comers - so spare the flat tire stories, traffic was horrible, ..... :rolleyes: The tickets will be handed out during registration when you pick your lanyards, schedules, etc. The more of you who miss this timing window, the more of us will get more of the total goodies :tongue: There are enough goodies for at least one if not two per person, and some of them are worth salivating for. Again, check with Tom when you are registering.

By the way, we are still accepting sponsors :biggrin:

(d) We will announce the winners of the NSX Dyno runs at (or right after) the drivers' meeting so Shad can start ASAP and use the morning efficiently. Still need to finalize the logistics of how we will do this - suggestions are welcome. This means driver's who register late will lose this opportunity. Shad will also offer Dyno pulls for a fee for those who want it and did not win a raffle :smile:

(e) At lunch time we will draw the raffle door prizes .......... try to be there as we will not chase winners.

We should have about 9-10 NSX owner instructors and few who are previous owners and/or very familiar with the NSX. When your instructors contact you via e-mail or by phone, please take time to discuss candidly your previous experience, skill level, and what you expect to get out of this HPDE - the "E" in HPDE refers to EVENT, same as in SCHOOL. [I can already hear some chuckles from a few who shall not be named :wink: ] Both the instructors and many of the advanced NSX drivers will be happy to give you rides - with a good excuse as to why they may be slower with your extra weight :wink: All you have to do is ask nicely. But first priority will go to the novice NSX students, followed by NSXCA members.

Bottom line, it really pays to be an NSXCA member in the NorCal region :smile:

Parking in the paddock.

While it will be difficult to cordon an area to accommodate 34+ NSXs, some with trailers and RVs, it is best if you all try to aggregate in the paddock's F and D areas. If there are any arrivals on Thursday afternoon, they can help by setting the stage. The F and D will be from the winner's circle (square next to the grand stands) to the hot pit area entrance - the rows are behind the garages facing the hot pit; right across DE registration and Drivers' Meeting.

Grouping the NSXers helps promote camaraderie and the social aspect of this event; it also allows for new friendships by sharing tools :wink:

Please look at the map sent by TrackMasters [couldn't reduce the pdf file to attach in this post] as well as their most recent notice today about printing the waiver form and bringing it with you to sign at the track. This is a new process and will hopefully expedite the registration for all.

Thank you Hrant, Tom, Al, and TrackMasters for organizing such a great & safe event. I had tons of fun, and learned a lot from Andrie. It was great to see so many friends. I would also like to thank the sponsors for the goodies.

EK said:
Thank you Hrant, Tom, Al, and TrackMasters for organizing such a great & safe event. I had tons of fun, and learned a lot from Andrie. It was great to see so many friends. I would also like to thank the sponsors for the goodies.

This was a great event. I had a good time..

The track was good. The track stayed green most of the day and on schedule.

Met some new people.

It seemed like anyone who wanted to dyno their car could, as Shad was doing pulls all day long.

Lots of nice cars.

Seemed like this event had a little something for everyone..

My student did very well and talking with some of the other instructors It seemed like this was the norm.

Still grinning...

Later,
Don

Re: How Hot was it?

Well, very and not very.

Temp wise, it wasn’t very hot at all. First clue: the high HP ponies didn't break. This is hot. :eek:
http://p081.ezboard.com/fdsrforumgeneraldiscussion.showMessage?topicID=1669.topic

Performance wise, it was very hot; An amazing yellow free day :smile: (after the first advance session anyway).

Student wise, we, as a group were very hot. I had the good fortune of having Smooth as a first time track student. He was the first to sign up, paid attention to my ramblings, worked very hard on emulating his handle and by the end of the day was smoothly dropping his lap times (not that I told him) by the handfuls. Oh, and he did it on his birthday too, so put your hands together for him and all the first timers out there.

Overall, it was pretty :cool:.

thanks Track Master and to every one that made this happen, It was an awesome day at the tracks.

thanks Don to my NSX-instructor, what can I say, if you were my dad, I would say……Thanks dad !!!.:redface: ....not that you are much older then me, but that’s they way I felt when you were instructing me...with every Wants and NEEDs to learn on an NSX and on TRACK….Safety driving FAST !!....yaya, all mushy...:tongue: .o.k. you know what I mean.

the teachings from all of these NSX Owner instructors are un-MATCHED from any other HPDE with non-NSX. :smile:

to those you missed it, PUT a POST IT NOTE on your NSX and write........You must take me to the TRACKS SOON, because you love me...Please :smile:

Thanks again to everyone….Hrant, Tom, Shad, Acura dealers, Infineon, Don and Steve for Crazy FAST rides on your NSX…………and so many others I was lucky enough to meet…and I am sure I will see you all on the track soon.

Kip, as soon I get the big b__ls on the next track, I want to ride on your TougeNSX Champ NSX.

take care everyone....

LitoG

oh ya, Shad, who won the Dyno numbers? and Tom, I still have these raffle tickets? I think I was on track while they were calling

Attachments

• LitoTrakRedNA-NSX.jpg
    LitoTrakRedNA-NSX.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 79
  • DonP NSX.jpg
    DonP NSX.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 71
  • Kip CTSC-Touge-NSX.jpg
    Kip CTSC-Touge-NSX.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 76
  • SteveTurbo-NSX.jpg
    SteveTurbo-NSX.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 74
litoG said:
thanks Track Master and to every one that made this happen, It was an awesome day at the tracks.

thanks Don to my NSX-instructor, what can I say, if you were my dad, I would say……Thanks dad !!!.:redface: ....not that you are much older then me, but that’s they way I felt when you were instructing me...with every Wants and NEEDs to learn on an NSX and on TRACK….Safety driving FAST !!....yaya, all mushy...:tongue: .o.k. you know what I mean.

the teachings from all of these NSX Owner instructors are un-MATCHED from any other HPDE with non-NSX. :smile:

to those you missed it, PUT a POST IT NOTE on your NSX and write........You must take me to the TRACKS SOON, because you love me...Please :smile:

Thanks again to everyone….Hrant, Tom, Shad, Acura dealers, Infineon, Don and Steve for Crazy FAST rides on your NSX…………and so many others I was lucky enough to meet…and I am sure I will see you all on the track soon.

Kip, as soon I get the big b__ls on the next track, I want to ride on your TougeNSX Champ NSX.

take care everyone....

LitoG

oh ya, Shad, who won the Dyno numbers? and Tom, I still have these raffle tickets? I think I was on track while they were calling

Lito buddy,
Good seeing you there it was a fun day with no NSX carnage. Kind of mushey you know the Don thing, he is a good instructor and informes his students well. As for me I unformally instructed you with a seat of the pants lesson a little different than Don does..! But after that you were much faster and your line was better humm!! wonder why? maybe that ride raised you inner level and once the blood got back into your right hand from that death grip on my door handle LOL!! you were able to see the crazy side (that was a great session we drove in the car was fast)

See you Soon.

Steve

SMGNSX said:
Lito buddy,
Good seeing you there it was a fun day with no NSX carnage. Kind of mushey you know the Don thing, he is a good instructor and informes his students well. As for me I unformally instructed you with a seat of the pants lesson a little different than Don does..! But after that you were much faster and your line was better humm!! wonder why? maybe that ride raised you inner level and once the blood got back into your right hand from that death grip on my door handle LOL!! you were able to see the crazy side (that was a great session we drove in the car was fast)

See you Soon.

Steve

Steve, that run I had with you, after turn 11 on the straight you did an S pattern to pass two advanced Miata’s, I am sure they didn’t see you coming, you bully you.. scarring those poor little Miata’s, your kids would be proud.

Can’t wait till next time, my NSX is now sitting up resting for the next check up by Shad (maybe Bigger breaks?)......and back to the tracks.

Later
Lito

Attachments

• NSX resting.jpg
    NSX resting.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 91
Feedback

Here is a feedback that we received yesterday, and I am sharing with his permission but withholding the full names - just initials. He does not frequent NSX Prime.

----------------------

Doug, Tom, Jim, and Hrant

I wanted all of you to know that my son and I had a great time at the TrackMasters Event at Infineon on 7/21/06. Highlights included:

1. Great driving instruction:

I was very fortunate to have Jim Grinstead as my driving instructor. He was supremely patient, but insistent with me, to get me to be looking past the corner I was in to apex late enough to follow the fastest line. He asked me what I wanted to focus on improving during the session by email before the day of the event and then he spent most of the time helping me improve in the areas of accuracy and consistency, as I requested. I was not the fast car out there, but I was determined to get the line right at a controlled speed so that I could add speed and still be in control and be safe. Jim was reading my mind to understand what I was doing, but added his more than 10 years of driving instructor experience to prepare me for each corner, each braking spot, each gear shift, and each smooth and small application of acceleration or steering input. I have not had a better instructor at any of the previous events that I have participated in (including the NSXPO at Laguna Seca in 1999, the NSXPO at Infineon in 2003 and a Jim Russell driving school). Jim Grinstead’s driving instruction rates an A+ in my book and I hope that I get the chance to be his student again.

2. Safety:

There was no time that I felt there were any unsafe actions on track around me as everyone followed all of the passing rules and gave the other participants plenty of room. There were no bonehead moves and people seemed in control of their vehicles at all times. This was by far the safest track event that I have participated in. Unfortunately, despite the briefings at the two NSXPOs that I participated in that emphasized the key safety aspects of driving at those two tracks, there were still several cars that were very seriously injured during those two previous events (fortunately, no people were injured). I was not aware of any serious injury to any vehicles at the TrackMasters event at Infineon on 7/21/06. That event safety rating has to be an A+ in my book.

3. My son got to ride with three different driving instructors and with me on the final track session:

My son JH really wanted to ride in a car on the track at speed and he wanted to ride with me. He has been a racing enthusiast for many years and has done a few karting activities and has many hours of computer simulated racing on the great tracks and roads around the world in all types of vehicles. There were three different driving instructors that were generous to allow my son to ride with them on track. Jim Grinstead generously provided a helmet so that my son could ride when I needed my helmet. JH loved the time on the track and articulated the specific differences in the driving lines that the different instructors and I used, as well as the speed and braking point differences at all locations on the track. I really appreciated that Doug and the other staff were willing to allow JH to ride with the instructors. One of the people that was involved in the registration process (unfortunately I do not recall his name) actively asked certain instructors if they would be willing to take JH out on the track, so that he could get as much time on track as possible. In addition, Jim felt that I was safe enough to take JH out for a ride during the last 15 minute session on track and Doug was willing to allow us that opportunity to experience a great time together. That experience was an A+ in both JH and my books.

4. Excellent organization:

Every single session started and ended exactly on time so that everyone got plenty of track time. The preparation before the event to deal with technical inspections and waivers speeded up the early part of the day. The driver’s meeting at the beginning of the day was very clear and informative. All of the activities happened at the right time showing the outstanding organization that went into planning the event. I particularly appreciated the cold Gatorades provided by the NSXCA and the cold water provided by TrackMasters that kept me hydrated through the day. Lunch was very tasty and we were warned of long lunch waits, but it gave participants plenty of time to meet and talk. I am certain that there were a million unseen activities that were happening that made the event go so smoothly through the entire day. The event organization rating is an A+ in my book.

5. Raffle prizes for the NSXCA members donated by various sponsors and participants:

Thanks to the NSXCA (Tom and Hrant) and the associated Acura dealership sponsors that helped to minimize the participant costs associated with the event. Thanks also to the many other people that donated the raffle prizes for the NSXCA members. I was only able to participate in the raffle for the first few minutes before I had to go to get ready for my time on the track, but I still won a Detailing Dynamics DyNA Liquid Gloss donated by Mike Lee. The NSXCA and its sponsors and supporters get an A+ rating from me.

6. Great weather:

I realize that TrackMasters is not responsible for the weather at Infineon, but they are responsible for selecting the date of the track event, and the weather in July is usually great and yesterday was no exception. While the entire country cooked in temperatures at or higher than 100 degrees, we enjoyed the slightly milder temperatures with a nice breeze throughout the day to keep us from cooking too much. The weather and date selection for the event get an A.

7. Courteous and friendly participants:

It was very nice to share time on the track and in the paddock with a great many car enthusiasts. Everyone was extremely courteous on track, which made me feel more in control and less concerned that someone would do inappropriate actions on track. I enjoyed getting to know several other people during the event. As mentioned earlier, the instructors that took JH out for rides were extremely generous with their vehicles, time and talents. The event participants get an A.

Thanks and looking forward to future events,

DH

Last edited:
here are some pics on some performance street/track cars the paddock

Attachments

• InfineonNSX.jpg
    InfineonNSX.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 94
  • InfineonNSX...jpg
    InfineonNSX...jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 78
  • InfineonNSX......jpg