• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Infineon High Performance Driving School

Echoing the same as others - appreciate the work that went into putting together a great event. It was my first time on a track and I had a great time! Can't wait to do it again :biggrin:

Had a chance to meet some new people and see others that I hadn't seen in a while too. Plenty of cool cars as well.

A big thanks to Ted Idlof for the excellent instruction. It wouldn't have been the super day it was without it. There's no doubt in my mind that the instruction was worth more than the cost of the track day!

Also would like to thank Al T. for some fast laps around the track. That definitely helped in understanding more of what the nsx is capable of.

Looking forward to the next event already :wink:

It seems that we were all lucky to be paired with excellent instructors. Mike Lee gave me constant feedback and was exactly the type of person I need to coach me along the track. Mike, if you're reading, thanks a bunch for your patience! I'm already looking forward to my next track day!

J

I also want to echo what others have already said and thank everyone who put this awesome event together. I truly enjoyed myself, learned a great deal about HP driving and met some new friends. I especially want to thank my instructor (Dave) who did a fantastic job instructing me throughout the day. Sorry his car got sick at the end of the day. Hopefully, he'll have it running again soon.

Here are some photos...

much thanks to Tom, Hrant, Steve and trackmaster for putting together this great event. also thanks for all the sponsors for their supports for our club, BIG THANKS!

also thanks to Allan and Mike for giving me ride in their car, and Brian, Ron, Binh, Gary for pushing the enevelope on the nsx. it was a hot day, but it was a lot of fun.

btw, props to the driver running the dodge magnum, he was going around pretty fast. just curious, is there any advantage of driving a station wagon on track?
2005-Dodge-Magnum-05103621990004.JPG

:confused: :confused:

Its been three days past and I am still thinking about the event. :biggrin:

here are more pic's of Hot Street Cars on the Paddock:smile:

Attachments

• track Infineon..............jpg
    track Infineon..............jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 63
  • track Infineon................jpg
    track Infineon................jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 80
  • HSC 2.jpg
    HSC 2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 214
  • track Infineon..................jpg
    track Infineon..................jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 64
litoG said:
Its been three days past and I am still thinking about the event. :biggrin:

here are more pic's of Hot Street Cars on the Paddock:smile:

WOW :eek:
Did not know that Honda was doing some R&D on the HSC at Infineon!!!!!
man u guys are lucky.
thanks for sharing the pix :biggrin:
attachment.php

02#154 said:
It seems that we were all lucky to be paired with excellent instructors. Mike Lee gave me constant feedback and was exactly the type of person I need to coach me along the track. Mike, if you're reading, thanks a bunch for your patience! I'm already looking forward to my next track day!

J

J,

Great working with you out there. You're a fast learner and I hope you got out of it what you expected. If you need track videos or other track resources, just drop me a PM as I am here to help my fellow NSX'ers enjoy their cars in performance and shine.

randomharmony said:
much thanks to Tom, Hrant, Steve and trackmaster for putting together this great event. also thanks for all the sponsors for their supports for our club, BIG THANKS!

also thanks to Allan and Mike for giving me ride in their car, and Brian, Ron, Binh, Gary for pushing the enevelope on the nsx. it was a hot day, but it was a lot of fun.

btw, props to the driver running the dodge magnum, he was going around pretty fast. just curious, is there any advantage of driving a station wagon on track?
2005-Dodge-Magnum-05103621990004.JPG

:confused: :confused:

Yeah, advantage is you can have all your friends ride with you. A bunch of horsepower doesn't hurt either.

What a great event!:biggrin: Many thanks to all involved in putting this on...
especially the instructors who donated their time to helping out all of us novices, and took us out as riders as well (Kenji and Hrant in my case).

Also, thanks to all of those who took and posted pictures of the event. There are a bunch of really nice pics posted here and in other threads.

Dave, I hope you and your car got home OK...

-Brian

So who's already thinking about the next HPDE that they want to attend?

for me, it may be one or more of the following:
Laguna Seca - Sat/Sun, September 16th/17th
Infineon/Sears Point - Fri, October 6th
Infineon/Sears Point - Sun, November 12th

Hrant, I know, I know, I'm hooked. :D

But I do have a question: is it likely that these upcoming events will have NSX experienced instructors for novices?

NSX-Tuner said:

But I do have a question: is it likely that these upcoming events will have NSX experienced instructors for novices?

I hope to attend these.... My wife already gave me the ok for 9/16 and 17. Considering it is my birthday. :)

There are usually a few nsx instructors. If not you will find the TMR instructors to be very good and helpful regardless of the type of car they drive.

Hope this helps...

What Don said /\ /\

The track rat instructors are Steve, Don and myself. Ted who used to own an NSX often is at the track with us also if he makes the sound restrictions. Others join based on their work schedule.

Yes, Laguna Seca is an option that we are considering as another NSX event, though with less organizational emphasis and marketing smack :wink:

NSX-Tuner said:

I'm in and hope to go to all of these. give me some prices, I may need to go to the trackmaster schedule....and perhaps it will give info.

I need to get those time thingies also. whats that called?

let me know who all is going.

later
Lito

nsxnut said:
I hope to attend these.... My wife already gave me the ok for 9/16 and 17. Considering it is my birthday. :)

There are usually a few nsx instructors. If not you will find the TMR instructors to be very good and helpful regardless of the type of car they drive.

Hope this helps...

well Don, we need to do a birthday and NSX dinner party after, I will buy..lets get a group and numbers of who wants to go after. I can find a place.

Don, can I do a follow with you? give me a call 707 208 0261.

NSX-Tuner said:

FYI, Be aware of sound restictions at Laguna Seca, most cars with I/H/E mods won't pass sound.

Lifting at turn 5 used to be an option but with the roaming mike it's a real pain to deal with :mad:

Re: Videos?

anyone have videos they want to post? Saw a few cameras around so I know they're out there. Don't worry, Andrie will promise not to critique, right Andrie?

No videos, but what about this aftermath from 104F ambient temp :biggrin:

Kip was throwing 8" spaghetti strings on the track :eek: Good thing it literally washed away by just spraying 50% diluted degreaser from Costco :tongue:

Last edited:
That a boy Hrant, Washing the inside of your wheels. I'm impressed . As far as the rubber goes, wax and grease remover from an auto body supply store removes almost instantly and then wash. Sorry if I pelted you with rubber but i was having fun. That was a great track day so let me know when you are going again. Kip

Re: Form or function????

Washing the inside of your wheels. I'm impressed
Yeah, every little ounce counts !! :cool: ...........oh wait, Hrant's washing them to look good; almost forgot. Must be why he doesn't want to mount that lap timer; it just wouldn't look good. :rolleyes:

Back