• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interested in group buy for modified factory steering wheel?

I like this but will it hold up, im concerned with the wheel getting scratched it would look nice in black to mach my car.

TURBO2GO said:
here is a higher res photo of black/CF. Thanks JR.

1467810-11-06_avila_bmw_day_019.jpg

I am in if I can get real CF and am OK with paying extra for it. But will opt out if I cannot get reall CF.........Thanks.....Steve

Oh man putting together a GB is a lot more work than I thought... LOL...

Drifter, these guys have a great reputation, have been doing this many years, and have a very satisfied forum member as a customer. I think the wheel will hold up as good as factory. Possibly better.

Steve, I am with you on the real CF... it is a bit more expensive to get that.

I want to personally see if I can get matching leather to my seats (silver leather) and real CF with ring on top. Do you want the same thing?

So far you, me and Brandon, we have 3 guys commited.

1. Turbo2go
2. btcog82
3. needspeed

Anyone else? I can't believe so many people are happy with their factory cheesewheel.

By the way whether you go through american stitches or imports extreme it counts towards the GB as I understand it, imports extreme is a dealer for american stitches. Its going to be done by American Stitches no matter what.

It's not that I'm satisfied with my OEM steering wheel. But my complaint, in addition to it being too skinny, is that the openings in the lower "corners" of the steering wheel are too small for my fat fingers to fit in there when doing "hand over hand" turning, i.e. when parking. Solving the too skinny problem would exaggerate the too small of opening problem.

My solution is to go aftermarket (but I'm leary of deleting the airbag) so I haven't pulled the trigger on either solution

J

well it looks like we have 3 buyers, and it looks like both me and steve will be doing more work than what is offered here at the base price.

So I am going to get in touch with both guys and see whuch route we should go. Or maybe they can shoot me a private message if they read this?

1. Turbo2Go: 1/8" pad, matched silver leather, real CF, center ring up top.
2. Needspeed: 1/8" pad, leather (color?), real CF
3. btcog82: 1/8" pad, black lather and color matched red to exterior car color.

Is this correct guys? I can try to see what I can get here for a price.

I am very interested. I have a spare steering wheel because this was something I have been thinking about already. I would like 1/8 and colored wheel done in kaiser silver or silverstone.

thank you

ARFNSXTC said:
I am very interested. I have a spare steering wheel because this was something I have been thinking about already. I would like 1/8 and colored wheel done in kaiser silver or silverstone.

thank you

starting to wonder if this is like a unicorn or the next nsx....forseen but never happened

LOL, just bustin your balls turbo2go:biggrin:

I did this a little over a year ago. I went with a dark burled wood that was custom matched to my shift knob. I have a berlina black/camel car and the wood compliments the interior. My steering wheel was in great shape, so they were able to reuse the factory leather, guaranteeing a perfect match. The same company did a carbon fiber look for my other car. I take some pics if anybody would like to see what the imitation stuff looks like. If I redid that one, I would pay the extra for the real thing, especially on a car like the nsx.
I used another vendor for this. They took a few months to deliver it and it cost about the same because mine was the first one they had made and had to create a prototype or something for it. Whether or not any other orders will be less now is unknown to me. I will post a picture of the wood wheel tomorrow.

btcog82 said:
starting to wonder if this is like a unicorn or the next nsx....forseen but never happened

LOL, just bustin your balls turbo2go:biggrin:

Allright Brandon, looks like we got 4 people now... so I will have some definites for you by Wednesday. Have you figured out how you will pull your wheel off and do you have a spare?

I know this gb isn't for full leather but any idea what it would run for just full leather w/ 1/8 pad? If it would finish out your group buy (5) I'd be willing to get it done now - assuming reasonable discount from the $374. I emailed the company about it over a week ago but haven't gotten a response.

MLmotorsport said:
I know this gb isn't for full leather but any idea what it would run for just full leather w/ 1/8 pad? If it would finish out your group buy (5) I'd be willing to get it done now - assuming reasonable discount from the $374. I emailed the company about it over a week ago but haven't gotten a response.

I'll find out for you.

My apologies to all for my lack of attention; a family illness has required my full attention. Please address all email to [email protected]. Email sent to [email protected] can take 4-7 days for response.
The full leather wrap w/ 1/8" pad will be $325.00. Please be aware that this represents a full 1/4" increase in rim diameter.

OK I will pull mine off tomorrow. Thanks.

Back