• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interested in Taitec diffuser Replica!?!

Alittleboost said:
The update on this situation is that I can't source a diffuser down!.

Nobody will come through, people that have them flaked out on this...so morallity wise, its sucks. I don't like breaking my word, and it wouldn't of been broken if those people hadn't broken there's. But modellista wanted very much to be invovled with the nsx community as much as they were the supra one.

Sorry, I haven't updated the thread, but i have to track down another one....if not i'll buy one in the future.

Did you ever find anyone :confused:

Why not go a different route, copy a Route KS design instead. I like those too...

speaking of different route, can they make something like this?
attachment.php

1TITENSX said:
Did you ever find anyone :confused:

Wow, reviving the thread from the dead.

I actually bought the Downforce.biz one!..its the exact same as tatitec, and more than half the price!....peter will explain everything to you as far as fitment and installation...great customer service post sale too!!

Alittleboost said:
Wow, reviving the thread from the dead.

I actually bought the Downforce.biz one!..its the exact same as tatitec, and more than half the price!....peter will explain everything to you as far as fitment and installation...great customer service post sale too!!

Yes, I revived it :tongue:

According to JDMnsxR, it won't fit an OEM fender...my rear fenders are TAITEC rear fenders...hmm :confused:

Alittleboost, please post some pics so I can see what it looks looks like on your car? Also, where do the metal support pieces mount to under the rear bumper? So 4 things for me to figure out before I buy: cost, will it fit my TAITEC GT parallel exhaust, where do the metal support pieces mount to, and will it fit my TAITEC rear fenders?

JDMnsxR said:
the downforce diffuser is VERY similar to taitecs. but it will NOT fit a normal fender. if you notice, btween the 3 pieces (side spats, and center) there's a wider extension piece that has been riveted to accomidate the wider length. plus the side spats are shaved inwards to meet close into the fender. so its a bit more angular than the taitec from side view...

otherwise, for the downforce widebody, it works well... JZ's car seems to have just used the actual taitec diffuser on the widebody. you'll notice his diffuser doesn't reach out to the fender widths...

1TITENSX said:
Yes, I revived it :tongue:

According to JDMnsxR, it won't fit an OEM fender...my rear fenders are TAITEC rear fenders...hmm :confused:

Alittleboost, please post some pics so I can see what it looks looks like on your car? Also, where do the metal support pieces mount to under the rear bumper? So 4 things for me to figure out before I buy: cost, will it fit my TAITEC GT parallel exhaust, where do the metal support pieces mount to, and will it fit my TAITEC rear fenders?

Tite, I guess I owe you an apology for taking so long...and for you having to revive the thread.

First, yes it will fit OEM or wide body, Peter at Downforce made sure of this...and from installing it myself I can assure you too.

The brackets will come with the kit, and for technical support here's the link for Downforce: http://downforce.biz/cart/catalog/index.html Peter is the owner, designer, frabucator....very helpful guy...even came to my house to help me!!

I can e-mail you high-def pictures of the diffuser off my car and other cars...the mounts will use stock holes, but you might have to ask peter if he has some pics of this...if not, I can provide the to you...give me some time tho :biggrin:

I'm with you all the way....I love the look, but I am not sure if it will fit GT lightweight exhaust, I know it will fit JGTC style Parallel exit, but since I have center exit it wasn't an issue for me.

P.m Me with your e-mail and I'll send you some pics.

Alittleboost said:
Nobody will come through, people that have them flaked out on this...so morallity wise, its sucks. I don't like breaking my word, and it wouldn't of been broken if those people hadn't broken there's. But modellista wanted very much to be invovled with the nsx community as much as they were the supra one.

If Modellista is going to blatantly copy the Taitec diffuser and turn a profit on the copy of a product that another firm invested oney to R&D you'd think they'd at the very least they'd go ahead and buy a Taitec themselves.

Maybe this thread died a long time ago because Taitec dispatched a horde of Ninjas to deal with the unscrupulous Supra loving flakes. :biggrin:

I waited around for a few months and ended up getting the original Taitec diffuser.
From the pictures I saw, looks like this unit is a little different than the Taitec unit , the center piece has a different shape and without the lower canards.

I am running Dream28 Center Exit, so there isn't a problem in fitment. If you have a non-center exit exaust, you will probably want to check fitment first before buying. Show some pictures of the installed units !!! :biggrin:

Pics attached of the Downforce diffuser the same as taitec, the pic of the car above is using it for widebody...so the diffuser fits both just let peter know which body style is it for.

6728DSC_0050_copy-med.jpg

6728DSC_0049_copy-med.jpg

Back