• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interesting incident with an S2K driver......

This is water under the bridge and we should respect the owner of the S2000 and take down the picture.

Side note- I too would feel threaten if some guy driving next me started cursing at me because he should be focusing on the road and not feel so enraged at something so small. To the owner of the S2000 please understand that road rage is dangerous not only to yourself, the person your anger is geared towards but it is very dangerous to those who have to share the road with you. I have the utmost respect for S2000 owners and do not feel that us NSX owners are looking down on S2000 owners.

^ ....so that's your comment. :biggrin:

CAUGHT!!! I comment to no comment on this thread that comments on s2ks and nsxs rivalry, but if i shall comment one thing it should not happen in the first place. I am done commenting on these comments so that no more comments shall comment on the comments that have commented on the OP's comment about his interesting incident.

CAUGHT!!! I comment to no comment on this thread that comments on s2ks and nsxs rivalry, but if i shall comment one thing it should not happen in the first place. I am done commenting on these comments so that no more comments shall comment on the comments that have commented on the OP's comment about his interesting incident.

:biggrin:

We know who both parties are, why not some face to face time. Anyone can talk big behind a screen.

You both can sit down, you guys can buy me a coffee and talk it out.

And I still insist that a wing THAT BIG on a steet car is rediculous. I don't care if you can turn out of a WalMart parking lot going 90mph @1.2g, you look like a doo-fus! :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

You drive everywhere and your license plate is there for ALL to see. Anybody can see it, anybody.That's the point of it. Here on the net it's somehow worse? :confused:

I'd be more worried about someone seeing that wing.:biggrin:

& on the wings of love,up and above the clouds, the only way to fly.....flying high upon the wings of love.......&&&&&

picture deleted ...... fine - I wasn't anywhere near this guy when I passed him and changed lanes in front of him... he didn't even see me. He just got mad that I drove past him and changed lanes in front of him. I was in no way cutting him off. Regardless, its extremely dangerous for him to be 2" from my bumper and pulling up into the oncoming lanes of traffic just to yell at me... I mean what are you trying to prove? :rolleyes:

And so what if my car is loud? I did nothing to you and you were harassing me for a good 10 minutes... for what? I called the LAPD because I didn't know how much further this was going to escalate and I had done nothing wrong... next time think twice before you do something like that... it could end badly. No hard feelings I was just shocked at the response you were giving me for nothing......

I want to see that wing! :D

I think we can agree it was a misunderstanding

Also we can agree that sometimes cars like the NSX attract a lot of attention and different reactions, same as the S2k, MAN I WANT TO SEE THAT WING!

About the "plates" BIG F***G deal, this is 2011 I have taken like 4 BILLION pics of the hottest supercars - exotics etc and still it doesn't matter if you cover the plate or not -unless the owner request- ... also, every drive any car gets it's tags exposed anyways, so what's the big deal, I WANT TO SEE THAT WING!

I think they both, OP + S2k guy should meet, either shake hands or get into a fist fight, let''s see who wins! :D (it's a joke about the fist fight)

Oscar

Obama called and would like to talk and have a beer with you both over this "stupid" incident. He's got nothing else to do except play golf, run up our debt and can't figure out how to stop his version of Katrina.

picture deleted ......

I called the LAPD because I didn't know how much further this was going to escalate

Not to sound like a D***, but calling the LAPD makes it look like you can't take care of yourself, Kind of a B**** move. Ya know.

If you like I can arrange a meeting for both of you guys? Something public, plenty of people around, nothing wild, just talk it out.

Not to sound like a D***, but calling the LAPD makes it look like you can't take care of yourself, Kind of a B**** move. Ya know.

If you like I can arrange a meeting for both of you guys? Something public, plenty of people around, nothing wild, just talk it out.

Not necessarily. From the OP's initial perspective the guy seemed erratic and aggressive enough pull up to next to him and curse at him. I can understand being upset if you get cut off, but chasing someone and pulling up next to yell at them is dangerous and immature. Luckily for the S2000 owner the other driver wasn't unstable himself or he could have put his girlfriends life in danger too. I think there are two sides to the story and it probably could have been handled better on both ends.

Just so everyone knows I never said anything to him so I have no idea why people are calling me a racist... my gf is asian..... so how could I be racist?

Everyone is making this into a bigger deal than it is. It makes us all seem like drama queens. Think about it... if this wasn't even posted it would have been water under the bridge and op and s2k would have not given this a 2nd thought but instead now its been dragged out like the oil spill - now that's a real problem to be bickering about.

I would like to visit my favorite online site and not have to read all this bad blood floating around.

*unsubscribing*

I'm having the mods delete this thread. Hopefully the guys at s2ki will do the same. In retrospect I shouldn't have called the cops but at the time I didn't know what his intentions were. Anyways I'm over it.

Obama called and would like to talk and have a beer with you both over this "stupid" incident. He's got nothing else to do except play golf, run up our debt and can't figure out how to stop his version of Katrina.

Much agree.

And I still insist that a wing THAT BIG on a steet car is rediculous. I don't care if you can turn out of a WalMart parking lot going 90mph @1.2g, you look like a doo-fus! :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Some people's "street" cars spend their lives 50% street and 50% track. If that's the case, the wing is plenty acceptable.

What's ridiculous is the STOCK looking wings that come on the NSX and S2K. They're hardly functional (often not at all) and are made purely for cosmetics.

Function>Form

Just my $.02, another way of looking at the situation. Mind you I don't run a huge spoiler on the street, I think owning 2 trunks is the best way to enjoy both worlds and get some decent mpg.

Just so everyone knows I never said anything to him so I have no idea why people are calling me a racist... my gf is asian..... so how could I be racist?

Easy!

Play piano: pianist
Fix teeth: Dentist
Like to race: racist

See? Dat's how.:biggrin:

Last edited:

It seems several people here are missing the point. The OP was driving normally; even if he cut off the S2k driver, a headlight flash should be the end of it.

The OP said the S2K was trying to race him, the S2K owner admits this in his response.

From the S2k owner:
S2K Owner said:
"he was definitely faster than me on the straight line even though I did my best."

In addition, the S2k went after the NSX; he pursued him, which is road rage.

S2k Owner said:
Anyway, I tried to follow him to see his face but...

The s2K owner shouted obscenties at the NSX driver:
S2K Owner said:
I told him " some bad words in English"

And tried to cut him off, brake check him, whatever:

S2K Owner said:
he passed at the orange light and I couln't passed by

From the S2k owner's own post, he seems to have an inadequacy issue with NSx/S2K:

S2K Owner said:
He seemed like he tried to show me " I have a NSX". I totally agree with that point.

So, the OP encountered an Angry, unbalanced driver who has inadequacy issues, and used his car as a weapon to try to get the attention of the OP. A car is a deadly weapon, the guy cannot drive, and is in road-rage mode. If English is not his primary language, you can be damn sure he would not try to use it when fully enranged, so likely his cursing was also done in Korean, as stated by the OP.

For the interests of all involved, the police were called - perhaps this S2K driver would have followed the OP, pulled out a weapon, who knows what. It's not High School anymore, fights result in criminal charges, it's not a matter of online posturing, but of what makes sense. The last time I got out of my car to talk to somebody who felt I had cut him off, the guy came out of his car with a tire iron. You may want to play the alpha male on the internet, but come on.

I'm having the mods delete this thread. Hopefully the guys at s2ki will do the same. In retrospect I shouldn't have called the cops but at the time I didn't know what his intentions were. Anyways I'm over it.

I don't think you should feel bad about reporting to the police, especially since he was harassing you. If you come across another incident like that and don't want to call the police, another method is to drive to a police station. My supervisor has done that a couple times when he noticed a car with gang members following him (this was before cell phones). If they want to confront you and pick a fight, then directly in front of the police station is probably the worst place for them.

Back