• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

interesting

I say buy them and laugh all the way home. I understand his point but hey your going to let a 6000 scooter control your happiness. If anyone on her buys it I would be very interested in the s2000

------------------

Why is this interesting?
confused.gif
Someone is selling their NSX, S2000 and scooter. So?

Originally posted by Zanardi 50:
Assuming that whatever this guy said is true, I hope American Honda clean up their acts. I kinda sympathize with the guy.

I think this guy has waaaaaaay tooo much time on his hands. He has the Bentley and Mercedes line of Hondas and he is still complaining about a stinking scooter. I can understand the principle factor, but think about those who don't have anything.

I guess it is noble that he is going to donate the money to charity, but we all dont know if that is true after the auction.

the dude drives a NSX and a S2000, yet still bitches b/c his little honda scooter is busted. just b/c he is unsatisfied with his stupid scooter doesn't mean he should sell two VERY fine cars that in the end he is going to regret doing. the guy should quit his blubbering about the scooter, have it fixed, sell it, take the money he gets back, and buy soemthing else for his daily driver purposes. thats what civics are for. it seems to me like he's trying too hard to prove a point that in the end won't do anything...

------------------
Paul~
[email protected]

Hmmmm...
the way I see it, its almost like getting an S2000 and a (faulty) scooter for nearly free. How much do 00, 25000 mi NSXs go for? 70k? more?

Although, if I were Honda, I would just replace the guys scooter. He's spent over a quarter million on Honda in the last 10yrs. Seems to me that it would be cheaper to replace the whole scooter than to change the transmition every three months.

Of course, if I were Honda, then I and all of my friends would by rollin' around in NSXs, and we'd have a different colored car for each day of the week.

This guy didn't react because of the the relative economic magnitude, but rather on principle. I respect that. If that bad service crap had happened to me, I'd have done the same. It's not as if though there aren't any other interesting cars one could buy with the $100K+ I've spent on my NSX-Z...

Originally posted by naaman:
the way I see it, its almost like getting an S2000 and a (faulty) scooter for nearly free. How much do 00, 25000 mi NSXs go for? 70k? more?

No, the '00 NSX with that many miles (that's high mileage for an '00) would probably go for $59-63K. The '01 S2K is worth somewhere in the mid twenties. The $85K starting price is pretty good but not THAT good. It's more like getting the scooter for free.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
No, the '00 NSX with that many miles (that's high mileage for an '00) would probably go for $59-63K.

A 00 with 25k for 59-63k?! Hmmm.. I think I will definitely have to disagree with you on this one Ken. There must be a reason that some are selling for this number as I'm sure you'll post a bunch of ads from the autotrader......
smile.gif
These cars have something wrong with them for sure. A '00 with that mileage (which is not high considering it's almost 3 years old as it was likely sold in the end of 99) will sell for 64-69k regularly. Maybe on the low end for this one as it has damage.

[This message has been edited by Nsxotic (edited 27 June 2002).]

Honda just lost its 2004 NSX owner....Damn Shame
frown.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perisonal note!
P.s. I don't think Acura Dealer deserves a car like the NSX for sale .....Because most of them don't know what the crap they are talking about!The NSX should be badge Ferrari or something..

Originally posted by khuezee:

I guess it is noble that he is going to donate the money to charity, but we all dont know if that is true after the auction.

I think he said "profit", I don't think there will be any.

i certainly dont know this guys situation, although ive read about it...

however, dont you guys abhor bad service. i can tell you if anyone treated me poorly and i had the money to avoid them i would gladly tell the world they sucked and avoid their products like the plague. the only real problem is that it is a small world and avoiding honda would be virtually impossible....ever try dealing with the phone company. yeah, you'll never deal with that company again...

good luck, and fuck honda if they really did that to this guy.

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
A 00 with 25k for 59-63k?! Hmmm.. I think I will definitely have to disagree with you on this one Ken. There must be a reason that some are selling for this number as I'm sure you'll post a bunch of ads from the autotrader......
smile.gif
These cars have something wrong with them for sure. A '00 with that mileage (which is not high considering it's almost 3 years old as it was likely sold in the end of 99) will sell for 64-69k regularly. Maybe on the low end for this one as it has damage.

Well... First of all, it turns out that the NSX has 15K miles on it, not 25K. I'm not sure where naaman got the 25K figure from.

Second, for the past few years, Honda has not been selling very many of a given model year NSX in the previous calendar year, so most recent NSXs were purchased in the same calendar year as the model year. This one was first titled in May 2000.

Finally, 25K is a lot of miles for a 2000 NSX. Average is probably around 5K miles a year, give or take. There are currently 25 2000 NSXs for sale on Autotrader which state their mileage, and 22 of them have under 25K miles.

Regarding the value of this NSX, asking prices on clean 2000 cars on Autotrader vary a lot, from $66K to $80K, with one asking $63K. My earlier range may have been a bit low but I bet most of the five cars listed for under $68K would be willing to sell for under $64K. I would think that most private parties would need to finalize in the $62-67K range.

In any case, the S2000 and scooter are definitely not "free".

Back