• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2024 F1 thread

OK guys and gals, let's get started... gonna be an interesting year!
I asked this question last year... and here it is again:
Will it be championship #8 for Lewis?????
H-

The big question is: will Mercedes have another mediocre car this year?
H-

Steiner is out at Haas. Gene didn't care for his last place. There is a MissedApex podcast that Joe Saward (GP+, etc) stated he talked to him and seemed OK. Joe also mentioned FIA is slowly making rule changes a manufacture won't be able to use Haas parts buying. It's a few years away, stated Joe.

Carlo Sainz, SR just won Dakar driving an Audi prototype. He has won 3 Dakar's over his Rally career. If you are familiar with Dakar Rally. it has 12 stages over 14 days This years rally covered over 3100 miles. Racers live in the desert normally in tents. Dakar used to be called Paris to Dakar from 1978 to 2007. The 2008 Rally was cancelled because of security and safety concerns. It resumed in 2009 when it was moved to South America and moved again in 2020 to Saudi again because of security and safety concerns. Dakar is part of the FIA Rally Championship. As much as I enjoy F1, if has nothing over Rallying. Those vehiclen and motorcyclist are super are on a class into themself. Carlo is 51 as are many people whom do the face.

So Andretti’s submission for an 11th team has been rejected by F1!

When Alpine pulls out of F1 w/in a few years, that may be a perfect fit for Cadillac and Andretti to step in with a power plant and a team.

Or Haas, Williams’s, or even Aston Martin.

With 3 races in the US, and 5 in N. America, I just can’t see FOM being that foolish to bite the hand that feeds them.

Seven-time Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton will leave Mercedes at the end of this year to join Ferrari on a multi-year deal, the Italian team confirmed on Thursday.
Mercedes said Hamilton activated a release clause in the two-year contract extension he signed last year. Ferrari then confirmed that the 39-year-old British driver will join in 2025.

Anyone who thinks that Louis would play 2nd fiddle is nuts.
H-

I can totally understand Lewis going to Ferrari. Every driver who has stood on the podium at Imola has dreams of driving for Ferrari. He's following in the footsteps of Schumacher and Vetel, both of which wanted to close out their careers at the prancing horse and bring them back to the glory days. Schumi succeeded at this, Vettel ...not so much. Will it be the right move? Time will tell, but he must have had some pretty good assurances Ferrari is going to change their trajectory to make the move. People thought he was crazy when he moved to Mercedes. That seemed to work out pretty well.

"Really....what a conspiracy theory!"
Heh, heh, heh.
:)
H-

Last edited:
Back