• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interior LED DIY

I know there are a lot of kits out there that probably cover more bulbs but if you are looking for a high quality bulb that covers the majority of interior bulbs here is my simple D-I-Y recommendation.

I ended up using one bulb size for all of the interior lights and the trunk. I did the doors, drivers footwell, overhead light, and trunk. It was either 5 or 6 bulbs and it differs if you have a targa so check your own car for the exact number. I used a Philips LED bulb, I thought they were inexpensive and the quality IMO was above and beyond anything comparable. Be careful of the color some folks don't like the bright white. $9.96 per bulb on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NOZ5C2/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0.

An additional advantage of LED bulbs is that they consume so little power you no longer have to worry about your battery dying because you left the console light on all weekend.

Back