• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Internet Explorer 7

queenlives is right. tried vista beta 2 for a week and it was slow as.... well you know. they have not optimized vista for speed yet. although it was very pretty to look at. as far as explorer 7 goes, i don't think microsoft gets it. they tried to make it look like firefox but lacks in so many ways. it was almost painful to use. i'm sure they will get it down before launch but right now i would stick with firefox.

by the way do you guys know how to speed up firefox. check the linky....

http://codebetter.com/blogs/darrell.norton/archive/2005/01/28/48720.aspx

got to love the "about:config" function

ahhh so true.....damn active x..... haha, i agree it's sucks at times. i'd say wait till the final gets released. unless you really need tabbed browsing. i'm not sure all the plugins have been released so you would be limted by ie7 also.

Yeah i've looked at it. IE7 is basically opera+firefox+IE6+more bugs. :)

It's okay, but nothing revolutionary. It's just Microsoft stealing the competitions ideas and more Window-dressing - like Windows Media Player 11 beta.

I'm a bit peeved at some of their changes; theres MORE text and MORE buttons to click (ie. Phishing wizard) which only confuse users. I can see users getting confused opening webpages in tabs, and then in another IE window with more tabs, etc.. If they are commited to Tabs, they should do away with multiple instances of IE and stick to tabs. And I really wish they would do away with the stupid Information Bar and design something more practical... that thing blocks more useful content than it does malicious. :mad:

But I will be sticking with Opera at home... so no stress.

All this talk is a little confusing.
Please help...
"Firefox":
Can I get it free?
It runs faster than IE?
I use IE for a little bit of e-mail, Mostly surfing, and of course NSXPrime.
Should I get Firefox?
Or am I completely misunderstanding this thread?:biggrin:

heathbar0 said:
"Firefox":
Can I get it free?
It runs faster than IE?
I use IE for a little bit of e-mail, Mostly surfing, and of course NSXPrime.
Should I get Firefox?
Or am I completely misunderstanding this thread?:biggrin:
You are understanding it perfectly.

Firefox is a web browser offered by Mozilla, for free. You can download it here.

Note: I tried it and didn't like it, and went back to using IE. So feel free to try it yourself, but don't assume that it's necessarily better in every single way.

And for those who want to try Opera, it too is available for free. You can download it here. (I have not tried Opera. Either the browser or the musical version. ;) )

For more technical and background information, you can also check out the Wikipedia entries for Firefox and Opera.

Opera is not for the faint-hearted. In my opinion it's for IT people because there a lot of shortcuts that can really freak out the average user.

NeoNSX said:
Opera is not for the faint-hearted. In my opinion it's for IT people because there a lot of shortcuts that can really freak out the average user.

i tried opera on my pda and went back to IE. Firefox seems to load faster than IE but again some site i use mess up with firefox. I use firefox and mozilla, being IE the most. good points in this thread.

Doug Hayashi has managed to develop a website that will crash both IE and Firefox nicely :). Actually it appears to sort of work with IE (ie its broken but doesn't hang), but it hangs Firefox for me every time so I have to use IE to visit his site.

Check out the main page of nsxfiles.com

He's posted a few more Karting stories in the past couple of months as well.

Back