• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is it just me???

I remember when the 350ZXs were about to hit the North American shores, they were the talk of all car enthusiats. I have never driven them, but based on reports, feel that you are getting the most bang for your buck. The design is also very sporty my opinion. If I was to buy an affordable car after the NSX, it would be a 350zx or G35.

What I want to know is.... I am seeing them more and more these days and have already gotten bored of them. Does anyone else feel the same?

****dont mean to insult the car or any owners...

It won't be long until we start seeing more of them. Its quite a bargain with the package it comes with and dealerships are still marking them up. The more I see a car, the more bored I will get of them, thats just me though. Plus, IMHO, doesn't have a timeless body design like the NSX has.

I see an NSX about once every 1-2 months if I'm lucky. Still excites me everytime I see one though. Maybe also has to do with the fact that they're so rare.

Khue, Khue. Tsk, tsk.

Shame on you.
When you sold your car, I didn't expect you to deviate from the dark side. :D

Your NSX was the very first one I've driven.
Are you looking for another X? What's up?

The Z and G35 are nice, but will be over-populating the freeways and side streets soon enough--especially here in L.A.

So, come on back to the family and we'll forget this whole thing ever happened. You wouldn't want to anger the boss, now do you?! :p

I thought the 350Z looked a lot like a bunch of cars put together on the market. S2000, Audi TT, etc.

I liked it for about a month after it came out. Now I see at least 3-5 a day. Look at the new Maxima's!!! Yuck! It looks like the 350Z and Altima had kids. UGLY. After seeing the new Maxima & 350Z side by side, I just think both cars look ugly now.

I think the Nissan car line is the "fugliest."

I think the Z is UGLY- IMHO- doesnt look like an exotic at all, at least it did when it first came with the 300Z TT. It looks blah, it only turns heads beacuse its still new...

POWERED by HONDA said:
I think the Nissan car line is the "fugliest."
I applaud Nissan (and Chrysler) for having the most daring car designs, which I find much more interesting than their bland competitors. I love the fact that their vehicles look like concept cars directly from the car show floor, especially the sleek new FX45: (normally I don't like SUVs but..
drool.gif
)

veh_gal_fx45_1.jpg

I agree....the G35 is also another success story...murano is a bit sluggish....

Originally posted by Blue Knight
morono is a bit sluggish....

...but at least now, morons everywhere know that they have a car that's named after them. :D

The 350Z (NOT the 350ZX - there's no such thing as a 350ZX) is already yesterday's hot car, as is the MINI. Think PT Cruiser, New Beetle. Attracted lots of attention when they first came out, now you see them everywhere and can buy them at hefty discounts. People are no longer paying attention when a 350Z or a MINI goes by. Who cares? They're nice cars - inexpensive and fun, with minimalist values (and interior materials to match).

Today's hot car is the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. Tomorrow's is the Subaru WRXSTIABCDEFG, which I think is due in June. (There ought to be a limit to the number of letters in an alphanumeric nameplate.) A year from now, no one will pay attention when you drive up in one of those, either.

But a 13-year-old NSX still gets the looks.

I'm on the opposite end. The new look of the 350Z has actually grown on me, particularly the rear. At first I liked the G35 more, but I'm starting to like the 350 instead. But then again, it just might be that I like it more 'cuz I'm seeing more as they have become so COMMON.

I think the 350Z is a neat car, but I like the G35 Coupe a lot better. That said, I see a lot of 350Z's driving around my area. A co worker just bought one and I see at least 2-3 on the streets every day. As far as the G35 Coupe, I see less of them, but I still see at least 1-2 a day. By next year I think both cars will be common sights everywhere. If you check out my350z.com in the problems section it might sway a few buyers away from the 350Z.

I've never purchased a car based on popular opinion, or what "today's hot car" happens to be, or to attact attention.

Buy what you like and be damned with the critics.

-Jim

PS: And the NSX of today can hardly be classified as a hot or popular car. You need to sell more than 200 a year for that.

nsxtasy said:
The 350Z (NOT the 350ZX - there's no such thing as a 350ZX) is already yesterday's hot car, as is the MINI. Think PT Cruiser, New Beetle. Attracted lots of attention when they first came out, now you see them everywhere and can buy them at hefty discounts. People are no longer paying attention when a 350Z or a MINI goes by. Who cares? They're nice cars - inexpensive and fun, with minimalist values (and interior materials to match).

You can add the new Thunderbird in that bunch too. The car won Car of the Year award from one of the car mags. When it came out, it stickered for over $30K and I saw ads as high as $67K for the car. Fast forward to April 2003 and AutoNews.com reports that Ford has a GLUT of these cars and is now offering incentives and rebates to move them. I think a lot of people liked the design of the car when it first appeared at car shows but when it came to buying one, that was a different story.

Well,

In some angles I like the 350Z....in others...eh.

Though, I have to admit, the Z (like the S2000) is ALOT of car for the money. Now, that Ford thunderbird thingie.....eeew. Sorry, but I don't like ford designs. Your PAYING for the ugly and nothing more!!

>>>I've never purchased a car based on popular opinion, or what "today's hot car" happens to be, or to attact attention.

Buy what you like and be damned with the critics.

Thank you, Jimbo. My thoughts precisely.
As for the Z, by tomorrow it will be about like yesterday's doughnuts. Many new models are an effort to do anything that's different. Most are aesthetically awful, and won't look good to anyone for very long. Today, it must be radical to sell to the young market. It simply must be different at all costs, and the worst fear is to be accused of being "bland" in this market. Many are a throwback to the (hopefully) declining "jellybean" car styling era (when man first discovered aero); an attempt to put lines on a jellybean. Most look like a jellybean styled with a fire axe. Headlamp fairings that go two thirds of the way from the front bumper to the "A" pillar (sheesh), taillight lenses that go halfway down the sides like stripes; you name it. The new Z? Let's have this discussion in about 3-5 years. Of course if one trades every few years, styling fads are probably cool. God forbid that you drive anything that looks dated (ie: classically beautiful). Nissan did well with the 510 :), the 240 wasn't bad, and they came closest of all with the 300Z (aesthetically). Otherwise, I think they're one of the most clueless automakers around in terms of styling; perhaps the Pontiac of Japan, if you will. However since I've never been a fan of Nissan's engineering/quality in general, I really don't care. Say what you will about S2000s, TLs, etc. I'm sure they'll still look good to me in 5 years. I'm a Honda fan and I buy what "I" like (as Jimbo says), so I don't have any reason to trade every couple of years.

But as always, to each their own. If I wanted to drive what everybody else thought was cool, I'd probably be in one of those horrid SUUVs (Silly, Useless/Unsafe Vehicle).

:)

- Richard

rrwildman said:

But as always, to each their own. If I wanted to drive what everybody else thought was cool, I'd probably be in one of those horrid SUUVs (Silly, Useless/Unsafe Vehicle).

:)

- Richard

Don't even get me started on SUV's... :rolleyes:

;)

In NYC I'm seeing about a dozen 350z's per day. Easily approaching Corvette C5 level. I've seen multiple 350z's together on the highway in the same color (orange) and they weren't with each other!

Nothing wrong with that mind you. It's a terrific value and delivers a lot of style and performance for the money. For me personally, though, if I had a budget of around $35k, I'd probably go with something a lot less common (probably a used NSX or Supra).

Evolution VIII's will be on the street by the tens of thousands next year after F&F 2 and the increase in production.

The WRX is already legion and it will only get worse with the Sti.

I hate to be a car snob, but I just can't get 100% into a car that's THAT common (part of why I sold the Vette). For me, the performance doesn't even matter at a certain point - the cars just become too darn boring.

I really like the G35. The 350Z's interior isn't nearly as nice as the G35's. If I was going to buy a car today for everyday use, the G35 would be near the top of my list. Of course, I'd have to put different wheels on it to make it a little more exclusive.

I'm also one that never goes with "hot" or "car of the year" titles.

I'm sure that most of us got the NSX because of it's rarity, looks, performance and most importantly, the unmatched reliability. What other exotic sports car can get an oil change for $20?? (ok, $20 is pushing it, but you guys know what I'm talking about....)

I for one do not like to own a car that I see on the street everyday. That's one reason why I sold my spa yellow S2000 last year to get the NSX. When I first got it two years ago, I was one of the few in the bay area with one and it felt great.

Fast forward to 2002 spring.....dayaaammn...I started seeing yellow ones every other day....I no longer shine like the second sun.

As for the NSX, I rarely see another NSX on the street not to mention the same color!

Thus the Z and all those "limited production" car dealerships are extremely avarice during the first two months....knowing after that, the popularity and "wow" factor will sink faster than the titanic.......

We've talked about this before, but for me exclusivity doesn't mean a thing.

I could care less if someone else owns the car I do. If there were a dozen NSXs in my small town it wouldn't bother me at all.

If all of a sudden a bunch of local people bought NSXs, would I feel impelled to sell mine? Hell no.

I bought my NSX because I really like it. If other people like it too, it certainly doesn't diminish my appreciation for the car. I often take my NSX out late at night when there's no one on the road and I'm too busy enjoying my car to even notice what other cars are out there.

If I wanted to buy a Vette, I'd buy it. I wouldn't care one bit about exclusivity. What other people do really doesn't affect me.

At least, that's how I view things. ;)

-Jim

i totally understand your point, jimbo....and have nothing against that.....but as for me, i choose to be different as much as possible...that's just the way i am. i'm that way with other things...such as the way i dress, the way i do things, the things i own, etc.

i give thoughts to each post before writing and posting. as you've noticed, i say most people buy NSXs due to its rarity along with other things (performance, reliability, etc...)

also, #1 reason for selling the S2K was that the front bumper was warped due to an accident i had so i decided to sell it rather than fix it....

just the way of life i have chosen.... :)

Last edited:
Back