• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is it possible to run a 12 inch wide wheel out back without fender modifications?

Hello everyone!

Has anyone been able to squeeze a 12" wide wheel out back (19's) without any mods to the rear fenders (2003 NSX)?
And would 12's on the rear with 8's on the front result in heaps of understeer?

Ordering a custom built set and provided certain measurements which per the supplier indicate it might be possible - but wanted to check first before I take the plunge as they are super expensive wheels.

Will be running KW Clubsports & a full iLift kit too.

Thanks!!
H

It's likely to get made to "work" with a stretched tire and a rear end that looks like / \ But really it'll depend on the offset. I believe I've seen 11's in the past. Honestly if they are custom why not just get 10's?

For the under steering part you gain no addition contact patch with running wider wheels "depending". Ultimately someone else with more direct experience will chime in but when I hear of people running anything really over 10 I think of rotational mass and weight.

I remember reading an old ken sax quote saying you want to keep the front and rear tire widths within 50mm of each other if possible. That I've always tried to consider but ultimately there's a good amount of factors that will play a rule in your under steering question.

Last edited:
I don't think so. I've seen/read about one owner who had custom wheels made and worked with the manufacturer taking lots of measurements and the most he got was I think 11.xx" to fit. Now if you're talking about running a 225 or 245 on that width that's another story!

why do want or need a 12 inch wheel to begin with?...most folks start with a specific tire size and brand and back into the wheel secondarily.

Back