• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is it time for another makeover? Lime Green Met??

Championship white or Lime Green Metallic

• Leave IT! Championship white

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • Lime Green Metallic NSX-R styled

Votes: 27 44.3%

• Total voters
After owning my NSX for over 5 years now I'm looking for a change. I considered selling and getting into a 360 or possibly building a GTM but am not sure I'm ready to let my nsx go after I've redone every possible part of the car. I'm strongly considering redoing my car Gy-19m Lime green metallic. INPUT?

I will for sure leave the AVUS wheels, black mirrors and roof, nsx-r hood and wing if I go green :biggrin:

If I stay championship white, I will probably paint the hood black and possibly paint the lips of the wheels champ white as well.

Current:

1-3.jpg

10.jpg

After:
5772IMG_57481.jpg

jp02-40.jpg

If your getting tired of the nsx just cover it up and leave it sit for a few months and I bet you the first time you take it out you'll have that same feeling you did when you first bought it. Leave it white, looks stunning.

if your getting tired of the nsx just cover it up and leave it sit for a few months and i bet you the first time you take it out you'll have that same feeling you did when you first bought it. Leave it white, looks stunning.

+ 1

Three options"

1. Leave it alone..
2. Paint it Lambo verde green....I was doing this color but sold my other NSX
3. Do a lower body wrap in Lambo green....cost probably 3k but can be removed

Three options"

1. Leave it alone..
2. Paint it Lambo verde green....I was doing this color but sold my other NSX
3. Do a lower body wrap in Lambo green....cost probably 3k but can be removed

1. I do like the look, I'm just finding myself looking for a change lol.
2. Considered lambo green, but I'd prefer the color to be actual NSX/Honda/Nsx-R
3. Thought about that but I do paint/body myself and could never drive a car with white door jams and knowing the entire car is stickers lol

^^ +1 COUGH! WIDE BODY IT! :biggrin::biggrin:

considered that too!! But I plan on keeping it for a while if I decide to and I don't want it riced out. No offense to anyone with widebodies because I absolutely love the look, just feel like quality the all aluminum is much more refined than fiberglass.

Last edited:
I love the OEM Lime Green, Ive often decided getting a beat up NSX and respraying it this color. I have a basement full of wheels, spoilers, seats and other tidbits to easily modify this car in a weekend and have a sick ride:biggrin: I'll say it again, I need a bigger garage:wink:

I love the OEM Lime Green, Ive often decided getting a beat up NSX and respraying it this color. I have a basement full of wheels, spoilers, seats and other tidbits to easily modify this car in a weekend and have a sick ride:biggrin: I'll say it again, I need a bigger garage:wink:

I do as well... DECISIONS DECISIONS :redface:

I like the green if you go widebody gt style. As it is I voted for white.

Hmmm...bored? Your car is beautiful and in apparent pristine condition. Why redo something most would envy having as their own ride?

I, too, like bold colors including lime/seafoam green. I might consider going green if my car or another one I may buy one day needed a paint job and/or was in the works for some exterior mods.

Keep yours white!

Hmmm...bored? Your car is beautiful and in apparent pristine condition. Why redo something most would envy having as their own ride?

I, too, like bold colors including lime/seafoam green. I might consider going green if my car or another one I may buy one day needed a paint job and/or was in the works for some exterior mods.

Keep yours white!

Thank you for the compliments! I also agree, am just looking for something new I guess at this point. I have spent countless hours on it so far and am a bit unsure about giving up on it and selling at this point. :confused:

i would leave it white, maybe turbo the car if you havent done it.

how about getting new shoes, DPE? HRE? 360 forged?

if you want to sell the car, let me know i like the way it is now , seriously

No turbo for me, I love the reliability and if I decided to go FI I would probably just do a comptech charger, but since they're now discontinued that's outta the question.

As for new wheels, the AVUS 3 piece wheels that are on it were big $$ new and I'm not sure I'm ready to try something else at this point. I've been through about 30? or so sets of wheels in 5 yrs and this set is the best fitting for the car with all custom offsets and sizes for nsx.

I am considering parting with it... where are you from? shoot me a pm :smile:

And thanks again everyone for the input!!! I love it, helps me really think everything out thoroughly before I do something spur of the moment and pull the car apart for no reason!

Green. S-Zero colour. Do you plan to keep the roof black?

Go for it! You do your own paint/body work, so there's little financial risk. Tons of type-r wannabes out there, so the lime green met will be a refreshing change.
Staying tuned...

One thing to note, if you change the color of the car it's resale value will most definately drop. People will want to know why you painted it and assume some damage may have occurred at some point. I would suggest selling the car and finding one that the paint wasn't as nice. The price differential would help finance the respray.

Don't ruin a white NSX, by repainting it, thats a sin. Instead, buy a red one, it's ok to repaint those! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: flame suit on

j/k guys

Seriously, white is pretty hard to come by and is the ideal color for the NSXr conversions. My vote is keep it white, spend the money on go fast goodies or even driving courses to sharpen your skills. Enjoy the car.

Green. S-Zero colour. Do you plan to keep the roof black?

I had planned on definitely keeping the roof black and doing the car the optional honda lime green metallic gy-19m which was also an option on the nsx-r as in the pic above.

Go for it! You do your own paint/body work, so there's little financial risk. Tons of type-r wannabes out there, so the lime green met will be a refreshing change.
Staying tuned...

See these were my exact thoughts :cool:

One thing to note, if you change the color of the car it's resale value will most definately drop. People will want to know why you painted it and assume some damage may have occurred at some point. I would suggest selling the car and finding one that the paint wasn't as nice. The price differential would help finance the respray.

My car was actually already down to the bare shell when I redid the car the first time around. It was originally midnight purple pearl (I know, I painted a car that was 1 of 25) but I had redone every other single part on the car that it was time for a change, and honestly I don't regret it. I have so much time and money into my car that I wouldn't consider buying another nsx to respray because my motor, trans, clutch, susp, brakes, interior, wheels, etc etc etc have all been replaced.

Don't ruin a white NSX, by repainting it, thats a sin. Instead, buy a red one, it's ok to repaint those! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: flame suit on

j/k guys

Seriously, white is pretty hard to come by and is the ideal color for the NSXr conversions. My vote is keep it white, spend the money on go fast goodies or even driving courses to sharpen your skills. Enjoy the car.

I already redid a midnight pearl car which my car started as. :biggrin:
So therefore I'm not ruining a white nsx lol

My car is actually now all Championship white which is the true color for NSX-R. I converted everything when I redid it the first time. Driving skills are there I'm just looking for another cosmetic change. I get bored after a while, and always like to change it up :cool:

Which is probably why I've been through about 30 sets of wheels in 5 years time.

I'm now considering possibly going gt-one style but leaving it championship white??

120.jpg

IMO Championship white is one of the hottest colors there are. I think it would be a sin to respray that car if it didn't need it. (paint was damaged).
I really think you should follow the advice of the first poster. Detail it, cover it, walk away. I find that when you drive the car EVERY DAY it starts to feel like a daily driver. That's not what I purchased my car for. Drive it at special times and it will be a special car. But above all.... LEAVE THAT CAR ALONE! IT's PERFECT! You want a green one, sell that one and buy one that needs painted. I know people that would KILL for your car.

No turbo for me, I love the reliability and if I decided to go FI I would probably just do a comptech charger, but since they're now discontinued that's outta the question.

HUH?????

Since when?

1000th post!! Yay!

Last edited:
Back