• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

is the nsx your daily driver?

No

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

In Spring, Summer, & Fall: Yes (except for really nasty days)

In Winter: No (that's what God - oops - Honda invented CRXs for (at least in Michigan))

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Absolutely.

Wouldn't have it any other way
smile.gif

------------------
David Allen
'00 Silverstone NSX-T
Comptech SC, Headers, Intake, Exhaust & a little Mark Basch tweakage

I drive it to work. But oddly enough, its not a weekend car for me.

To me the car seems a bit unwieldy using it to fight for parking spots in crowded lots. Worrying about people dinging the precious aluminum skin also doesn't help much.

I was planning to use it as a daily driver, but it hasn't worked out that way. Maybe the same will happen to you too.

It's not my only car, but It looks like i'm going to put 12-15K miles on a year. I love driving it, but i'm careful where I take it and where I park, but i'm used to that.

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

Nope. The NSX is for pleasure drives only. The M3 gets the nod for daily duties.

------------------
'95 NSX-T: comptech exhaust, eibachs, bilsteins, WW front spoiler, 17/18 Work Wheels
'95 M3
'99 A4

100% daily driver and have never had such a smooth, reliable, problem free car. These cars are amazing. Start and drive it everyday like it was a Honda accord. It has never spent a day at the dealer getting repaired other than the ABS pump about 3 years ago and it turns out I probably could've just fixed that sticky solenoid problem from the driver's seat. (as we've all discussed here before.)

With an NSX, you don't need any other car. Well, except if you want to go shopping or something or somewhere where there is a parking lot because I NEVER have left it in a parking lot. But, I'm just a loser that only goes to work 80 hrs./wk. and back home so I don't have to worry about that.
biggrin.gif

Depressed to say that my NSX-T is not my daily driver. A single act of vandalism in my office parking lot was enough to convince me to commute in the Civic and save my NSX for the fun and more spirited drives.

Of course, if our company moves and gets its own secure parking lot, I'd be back in the NSX every single day. I HATE the fact that I've put only 2,000 miles on her in the past several months.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

I have a hard time being any more comfortable in anything other than my NSX when I drive.The security of my car is sometimes an issue,for instance at the mall I will pull up to the resteruant on the out skirts of the mall talk to the front man and ask them to watch the car.They have never refused "yet".Besides its not like I'll be coming back w/ a load of Christmas presents.,the NSX does hold more than you think,but, not enough for Christmas.... and in that case you could A have stuff delivered
B buy small things(she loves diamonds)
C send them all gift certificates ( :) )

------------------

Mine isn't, but I'm vowing to myself (after pining for it all winter) that I will drive it more this spring and summer (maybe even in the rain...). I've only had it out twice in rain since I bought it, in spring of 2000. However, these cars were meant to be driven, and I shouldn't "save the (s)miles for the next owner!"

No way...not here in the midwest. Driving my Jeep daily isn't nearly as fun but it does go 0 to 60 in the snow much faster!

yep, 65 miles round trip from DC to AOL HQ and back each day. makes the trip much more enjoyable!

Back