• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is there a cabin air filter in a 91 NSX

Re: Does a 91 NSX have a cabin Filter if so where and how to change it

I believe you can use a * if you dont have more than 3 letters...
Unfortunately, I had also tried without success.
ABS*, *ABS*, *TCS, TCS*... no answer or answers without interest :frown:

Re: Does a 91 NSX have a cabin Filter if so where and how to change it

Unfortunately, I had also tried without success.
ABS*, *ABS*, *TCS, TCS*... no answer or answers without interest :frown:

Hey, at least you tried...

Well I suppose you will have to spell out Anti Lock Brakes and Traction Control then...:wink:

My god all I wanted to know is about a cabin filter, and it launched into what seems to be the philosiphical debate of the month.
:confused:

lol welcome to prime... some of us have a little too much time on our hands i think hehe ;)

lol welcome to prime... some of us have a little too much time on our hands i think hehe ;)

No, some of you have too much estrogen in your bodies. I've heard less whining from a bunch of 6th grade girls when Hannah Montana got preempted for some sporting event running overtime.

I've heard less whining from a bunch of

I'm not thrilled with the 15 second rule as well as the 3 letter rule. Legitimate "whaa", I should think

Maybe Lud could rework this for authenticated users? I can make a dozen-plus queries in a minute if I don't find what I'm looking for. The 15 seconds is painful as well as unhelpful.

Drew

I just install Stacy skirts and I want stock door panel pieces (not aftermarket). Does anyone know 02-05 have separate door pieces or they come with the whole door?

DON'T TELL ME TO "DO THE SEARCH"!!:biggrin:

I just install Stacy skirts and I want stock door panel pieces (not aftermarket). Does anyone know 02-05 have separate door pieces or they come with the whole door?

DON'T TELL ME TO "DO THE SEARCH"!!:biggrin:

Um i don't think that is the topic of this thread..... but I think you can buy the parts separately IIRC.

Do you have a pic of it? How did you prevent it being sucked in?
I'll take some photos over the X-mas break documenting all the work I've done on my car over the last 6 months :smile:
I bought some AC air filter with the mesh wire so it feels pretty stable. Beside I think there is some plastic ribs inside the intake so it won't drop in even if you push it down. Or if you want to be sure just cut a piece of meshwire and use it as a safety "net"

Here are the pics....
attachment.php

attachment.php

I would probably add a little bit of silicone adhesive around the edge to help hold the meshwire in better...but it's pretty stable as it is.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
i could've sworn i saw a custom made cabin air filter on prime awhile back. Someone bought some Fram intake filter, cut it in half, use surgiclip<<surgical staples and stapled the two end together..and it fit perfect down the cabin air filter spot..did a quick search but it's gone..the guy making it even gave the part number for the fram filter, where to cut..etc..etc..oh well.

Thanks very much for the pics.

I think there must be an airfilter out there which has the exact measures as the NSX ones even it's for a Yugo. :D 100mm x 155mm or 4 x 6.1 inches. Cutting and sealing would be unnecessary. Any thoughts? :wink:

Thanks very much for the pics.

I think there must be an air filter out there which has the exact measures as the NSX ones even it's for a Yugo. :D 100mm x 155mm or 4 x 6.1 inches. Cutting and sealing would be unnecessary. Any thoughts? :wink:

RIP GoldNSX, but I'll answer this 2009 post anyway for future readers. The Fram CA9115 (Extra Guard Flexible Panel Air Filter) drops right in and fits perfectly. I thought it eliminated dust after I installed it. It rests on top and seals it nicely, and fits perfectly under the cover. I got this from another NSX thread. See the picture, post 22 in:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-instructions*-cost-10?highlight=cabin+filter

If you want to make your own and have access to a surgical stapler, although post 35 also shows how to mount it without modification I believe:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-a-DIY-cabin-air-filter?highlight=FRAM+CA9115

I don't recognise the filter in the video, which seems to be HEPA. Which one is that, & does it fit nicely? Did you 3D print the 2 side plates?

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, though I'm trying to decide if the post above yours (a 13 year bump) is spam...

Could be. Youtube video looks like a real NSX. He 3D printed some sideplate adapters to make a standard Hepa filter fit. I invited him to post to the 3D print repository, but he may be looking to sell them instead. I'm happy with my CA9115 - even that's probably superfluous since I never have my roof on or the windows up.

TT

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, though I'm trying to decide if the post above yours (a 13 year bump) is spam...

Could be. Youtube video looks like a real NSX. He 3D printed some sideplate adapters to make a standard Hepa filter fit. I invited him to post to the 3D print repository, but he may be looking to sell them instead. I'm happy with my CA9115.

TT

He's selling kits on FB...ordered one myself.

Back