• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is there a way on NSX Prime to...

Just wondering...

I haven't been very active here for a while due to the many changes in the owner community and on the site. Not being critical or extrapolating this to everyone's problem - just speaking for myself.

Basically I don't have time to go through every single category as I like many of them - but a few just drive me nuts. I bookmark the Daily Posts link (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/search.php?searchid=607784) but unfortunately - you get the Off Topic category and a couple other categories of marginal worth on an NSX site IMO.

What would be great is if there was a way to get the daily posts from most NSX only categories, or even better, only from user selectable categories. This way I wouldn't get sucked into or frustrated by the increasing volume and hostility of the Off Topic and other categories that have become too divisive IMO. Is there a way to do this?

As an alternative - maybe it is time to rethink Off Topic? It seems there are many more active Off Topic threads then ones that actually talk about the NSX and they are getting more and more edgy and intolerant.

Tweak your URLs

Hi Nick.

I did a little digging and found a way to do this. It’s a little tricky since there is no built-in link you can bookmark, but it’s actually not too hard to build your own.

It sounds like you are already know you can bookmark the Get New or Get Daily links. Good. For reference, they correspond to the following URLs:As you may already know, Get Daily returns a list of threads with posts that have been made in the last 24 hours. Get New returns a list of threads with posts that have been made since your last visit.

You can modify either URL to exclude one or more forums, but you need to know the IDs of the forum(s) you want to exclude. While the ID is not displayed on the page itself, it does appears as part of the URL when you are viewing a forum. For example, when you visit the "Off-Topic" forum, you will see the following URL in you browser’s address bar:
"f=15" tells the forum software to show the forum having an ID of 15, so 15 is the ID of the "Off-Topic" forum. Likewise, 30 is the ID of the "New & Prospective Owners / Car History / Comparisons" forum.

Let’s say you want to exclude these two forums. You can do so by append "&exclude=15,30" to the Get New or Get Daily URL like this:
You will see the results of these searches exclude threads from these two forums.

So, just find the IDs of the forums you wish to exclude and plug them into the exclude parameter above and bookmark it. I think you can add as many IDs as you wish - they just need to be comma-delimited.

By the way, the Get Daily search also accepts a "days" parameter so you can change the number of days from which to pull threads (instead of the default of one). For example, the following link will show results from the last 3 days:
Just keep in mind that the administrator has set a limit on the maximum number of results to show on any search, so some threads will be dropped if the limit is exceeded.

I hope this helps.

Ojas, it took you almost a day to come up with a solution.:confused: :smile: You're slipping! You're working hourly, right? :biggrin:

Back