• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is there such thing as a Hennessy exhaust for NSX's?

I'm buying a '91 that is suppose to have a Hennessy exhaust. I was told that Hennessy played around with NSX's a while back but they don't make parts for them anymore. Does anyone have any info? I'm picking up the car this week and can post some pictures soon..

Thanks,
Dan

At one point, they did do some after market stuff for the NSX. So perhaps?

I'm buying a '91 that is suppose to have a Hennessy exhaust. I was told that Hennessy played around with NSX's a while back but they don't make parts for them anymore. Does anyone have any info? I'm picking up the car this week and can post some pictures soon..

Thanks,
Dan
I have a Hennessey Stage IV NSX. From what I recall, my exhaust is a modified Borla.

Attachments

• Hennessey Page 4.jpg
    Hennessey Page 4.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 152
That crook is still in business? And people complain about Dali...:rolleyes:

Amen to that. Has one of the worst reputations around for his work on Vipers - well his "lack of work" on Vipers...

Jonny

Amen to that. Has one of the worst reputations around for his work on Vipers - well his "lack of work" on Vipers...

Jonny

I know about his internet reputation...but HE has been courteous to me (when looking for information).

My dyno sheets suggest hp estimates from the catalog are "optimistic"...but I am happy with my 16 year old car on my local dynomometer.

1st hand experience?

I have read his responses when people have challenged him on his business practices - his responses were enough for me to believe most of what he has been accused of. I do not remember which forum it was on but needless to say I wouldn't bring a Civic to him never mind a $60,000 car...

Jonny

I have read his responses when people have challenged him on his business practices - his responses were enough for me to believe most of what he has been accused of. I do not remember which forum it was on but needless to say I wouldn't bring a Civic to him never mind a $60,000 car...

Jonny
Agreed that, if those were in fact his responses...highly unflattering!

My personal (although EXTREMELY minimal) interaction is not so negative...although the dyno I used did not show the #s as high as I was anticipating.

Jonny

Exactly. He has foolishly tried to defend himself on indefensible things and looked idiotic doing it on many occasions. The stories I have heard and read first-hand are nothing less than frightening. And he does not deny them.

But when he's called out he acknowledges the indiscretion but begins to attack the customer and justify his unjustifiable actions by saying things like "I was gonna get to it..." or "It didn't hurt anyone--I was gonna fix it...back off!! You need to give me more time!!" He paints himself to be the victim.

Very scary stuff. John Hennessy is not a guy I would ever leave my car with. No doubt, he knows his stuff but if you ever actually get the work completed (I've heard of Vipers being in his shop after full payment has been delivered for YEARS, and then he asks for more money to complete the job) his record of support when things go wrong is very poor and can turn you from rich to poor very quickly. He really takes advantage of the fact that many Viper owners are loaded and just don't care as long as they have the best.

Last edited:
Well, I picked up the car and have been driving it around. I think I'll have fun in this thing! :smile: Whether the exhaust is Hennessy built or not, it sounds really cool and I like it. I'll get some pictures of it and post here if anyone cares..

Dan

I bought my exhaust from Hennessy in, I believe, 1994. Still have it on the car and have always liked it. Cost about $1300, but it was the only aftermarket exhaust for the NSX that I was aware of at that time. Before I bought it, I got info from someone indicating that Borla was the manufacturer. Called Borla and the person I talked to verbally confirmed that they had manufactured the exhausts exclusively for Hennessy.

Well, I picked up the car and have been driving it around. I think I'll have fun in this thing! :smile: Whether the exhaust is Hennessy built or not, it sounds really cool and I like it. I'll get some pictures of it and post here if anyone cares..

Dan

Borla makes some good systems. Loved the cat back I had on my C5.

Back