• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is this SerialNSX's Type R recreation? JH4NA21632T000186

The suspension description is wrong unless they pulled out the 2 way JRZ's on it and put on the Tein's.

I thought the guy who bought Anil's NSX is a car collector. Not expecting he would sell it this soon.

Shocked as well to see how quick this is up for grabs again.

If this has been up for sale multiple times I know I cant be the first to see a big flaw. I've only bee in the NSX game for five months and i only had to scroll over the picture on ebay once. All that money and all that time and... the cassette player door still says ACURA! Thats so much effort to miss something like that.

If this has been up for sale multiple times I know I cant be the first to see a big flaw. I've only bee in the NSX game for five months and i only had to scroll over the picture on ebay once. All that money and all that time and... the cassette player door still says ACURA! Thats so much effort to miss something like that.

johnjohn,

i'm sorry to say but the car works nearly perfect. the only issue is the radiator/cooling system isn't suitable to the 3.8L stroked motor. There is a lot invested in the car. i was fortunate enough to have her in my garage for a few weeks while Anil moved in to the bay area. i'm not sure why the cassette player was kept, but most likely to keep the car as stock as possible.

there are things that anyone can point out about any other car. main thing is, the car as it is when i saw it, was a labor of love. i can definitely tell you there is no major flaw with the car.

for what it's worth, i'd definitely purchase the car if i had the money. it's a collectors item, sorta like the Zanardi that's listed for $80K.

There is no doubt that this car is BA! All im saying is if you read the write up on ebay it goes on and on about the time and effort and money.For all the time, effort, and money this person couldn't get o Dali's web site and spend $300 on a jdm head unit? From the ebay write up under interier... "I CANNOT STRESS TO YOU THE DETAIL AND PATIENCES THAT WENT INTO THE BUILD OF THIS CAR.. PLEASE TAKE NOTE IN THE PICTURES THAT IT LOOKS FLAWLESS.." It even says look at the detail in the the pictures! But again It is a Bad A$$ car

Yes, I agree... noted that when the big coverage was done on the car a while back... but if that's the only thing that was missed (and I think it was) this is one outstanding car -- truly "one of a kind"... what will it take to replace the cassette door? :biggrin: Just sayin'
Anyone would be happy with this car! Just sorry to see it passed from hand-to-hand like a street-corner whore. If I only had the scratch....

its a toy that the rich will pass from hand to hand till it has seen more owners than a women that sells certain items she was given at birth on the side of the road.

Last edited:

Wow, if that's what you consider a big flaw, then you will never be a happy person buying a used/ modified car. How much do you really think it detracts from the car? One dollar, maybe two? Besides, if you could afford the car then it wouldn't be that big of deal for you to replaced the cassette door yourself.

When I removed all of my OEM Acura badging I didn't feel like replacing the tape door deck. Instead I took a piece of black tape and put it over the cassette door and no one knew the difference.

There is no doubt that this car is BA! All im saying is if you read the write up on ebay it goes on and on about the time and effort and money.For all the time, effort, and money this person couldn't get o Dali's web site and spend $300 on a jdm head unit? From the ebay write up under interier... "I CANNOT STRESS TO YOU THE DETAIL AND PATIENCES THAT WENT INTO THE BUILD OF THIS CAR.. PLEASE TAKE NOTE IN THE PICTURES THAT IT LOOKS FLAWLESS.." It even says look at the detail in the the pictures! But again It is a Bad A$$ car

The center console looks stock and maybe the NSX-R came stock from the factory. Do you know this?

I'm by no means an expert in NSX-R, Type S etc..

$145K?! Not worth even close... how much is REAL Type-R going these days in Japan? I guess that quality wheel conversion from right to left is not more than $10K..

$145K?! Not worth even close... how much is REAL Type-R going these days in Japan? I guess that quality wheel conversion from right to left is not more than $10K..

I was just about to say something about the buy it now price also. Do you guys think he could get that much for it or atleast near it?

What a Type-R goes for in Japan doesn't mean much seeing we can't import them to the states. I'd bet doing a full '02+ Type-R conversion using a '97-'01 coupe, with OEM parts, would cost nearly as much, maybe more. Given that, who would go there with a 1 in 20 NA2 coupe? If I had the cash would I buy this? Maybe. This is not a car someone buys because it has the most kick-ass performance per dollar. NSX owners already know this to a certain extent. In my view this car is for the avid collector with money to burn.

Last edited:
A really great car - I'd have to see the entire build sheet if it exists. But I'd say the "current bid" has got to be pretty close to what it's worth but not what it cost to build. It's a great one - would love to have it.

A really great car - I'd have to see the entire build sheet if it exists. But I'd say the "current bid" has got to be pretty close to what it's worth but not what it cost to build. It's a great one - would love to have it.

Yeah, I would of said 65 to 70,000 because of all the crazy mods and sickly low miles on the car.

Personally, i think 70k for that car is insulting. For what it's worth, a low mileage white 02 NSX alone goes for 60k. Real Type R seats, 10k. 3.8L conversion, 20k. Type R wheels is $$ too. $145k is some serious coin, but i would value that car in the 100k range.

It is worth whatever the current market will bear. If someone has a hard on for a near perfect NSX-R replica than they can either pony up and buy this already complete..........or they can buy a similar condition car and start locating all the JDM parts and deal with all the bs and headaches that come along with a project car. In short, pay up front and enjoy your new toy, or start writing checks and keep writing them for a few years that it will take anyone here commenting on the value of this car to duplicate it. There is a reason that there is only one or two cars of this calibre in the USA. As far as being worth $60-70k there is more than that in paint/parts alone,then add in price of the car and the labor to build it.

The issue (for me) with a car like this is the loss of originality. History has shown time and time again at classic car auctions that cars that have been modified like this or similar to this just never have that much appeal in the long term and the prices eventually fall below clean originals. Imagine a modified classic Ferrari or any other make going on the auction block. Guaranteed it will sell significantly less than an original. I always look at the investment potential of a car and I just do not see it with this one. Great car and very impressive however I think history will not be friendly to it.

It is worth whatever the current market will bear. If someone has a hard on for a near perfect NSX-R replica than they can either pony up and buy this already complete..........or they can buy a similar condition car and start locating all the JDM parts and deal with all the bs and headaches that come along with a project car. In short, pay up front and enjoy your new toy, or start writing checks and keep writing them for a few years that it will take anyone here commenting on the value of this car to duplicate it. There is a reason that there is only one or two cars of this calibre in the USA. As far as being worth $60-70k there is more than that in paint/parts alone,then add in price of the car and the labor to build it.

The issue (for me) with a car like this is the loss of originality. History has shown time and time again at classic car auctions that cars that have been modified like this or similar to this just never have that much appeal in the long term and the prices eventually fall below clean originals. Imagine a modified classic Ferrari or any other make going on the auction block. Guaranteed it will sell significantly less than an original. I always look at the investment potential of a car and I just do not see it with this one. Great car and very impressive however I think history will not be friendly to it.

I do agree with your point of view though I don't think it applies to this particular vehicle.

Bear in mind this car is nothing special in its original form and it is indeed due to its history that draws so much attention.

Back