• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is Umbrella the only company that offers on the fly suspension adjustments?

Is there another platinum VIP or something?

It uses their own coilovers i believe which probably arnt very good. Who knows might be good.

StevenLee, I personally think it would be a good idea to offer coilovers with your kit at cost or with very little markup. This may encourage people to buy a setup because buying a lift kit is expensive, buying a lift kit and coilovers is crazy money. This only applies to people who are rolling on stock suspension or wants to upgrade from a inferior coilover. Sounds a very interesting product.

Is there another platinum VIP or something?

It uses their own coilovers i believe which probably arnt very good. Who knows might be good.

StevenLee, I personally think it would be a good idea to offer coilovers with your kit at cost or with very little markup. This may encourage people to buy a setup because buying a lift kit is expensive, buying a lift kit and coilovers is crazy money. This only applies to people who are rolling on stock suspension or wants to upgrade from a inferior coilover. Sounds a very interesting product.

I had the same idea.... that people might want new coilovers with the lift system. So about a year ago I became an authorized dealer of KW suspensions and have since established business relationships with a few other manufacturers of suspensions and suspension products.

Ravi also makes rear kit.

This new lift kit sounds promising.
Ravi makes a front only kit. the tanks can be hidden. There are quite a few videos and threads about ravi's VRH kit. Jeff(vroom) has the front only kit.

- - - Updated - - -

which if the 3 readily available lift systems for the nsx require you to change the springs of your coilovers?

Some coil overs don't offer adjustable droop.... i.e KW V3.

Increasing the amount of droop does not provide the same effect as maintaining the original compression characteristics of the shocks.
Some systems require shorter springs because they occupy a larger amount of space than the original length springs would allow.
This means that a shorter spring is required to compensate for the thickness of the lift system components on cars such as the NSX front shock where the bottom spring perch can't be moved much lower without hitting the other suspension components. This results in having reduced compression travel for the spring to do its job.
I have a feeling you incorporated the lift apparatus into the top hat itself (difficult, but doable I reckon). There aren't much shear forces there in lieu of the double wishbone design but if you found a way to structurally reinforce it so it works with a McPherson strut setup then you've got some money to be made here my friend. Good luck!

Seems like it would be application specific though. Am I wrong? Do you have setup to be pretty universal?

Is it ok to ask for ball park $$ figures on these systems?

+1

I wanna be your first international buyer.

Thanks everyone for you interest in my soon to be released vehicle lift systems.

I wasn't planning on disclosing any information about them until they are ready for a public product launch. I'm hoping to do that in a couple of months.

I appreciate your desire to learn more and I apologize again for not being able to disclose complete information quite yet.
Unfortunately in the past, in unrelated businesses, I've had dozens of companies knock off my copyrighted products. I've spent more than $500,000 in legal fees suing companies in federal court to protect my intellectual property rights or other business rights.
I hope you understand my desire to keep the details confidential until the lift systems are ready to be launched.

I will provide the following comments:

Prices have not been finalized. We are still getting production quotes for various components. I'm making every effort to keep prices very competitive while offering systems with many more benefits and features than currently available.

The HLS is made by KW. They are a good company with good products. My systems will lift faster, weigh less and cost less than the HLS.

Thank you again for your interest and especially for your patience and understanding.
I'm doing everything I can to bring these systems to market soon with features that will be revolutionary and at prices that make them the best value.

I currently have the Umbrella kit on my NSX-front and rear....Yes, it needed a bit of modification to install it the way I wanted but it works very well. Platinum VIP's Phantom kit is also avail for our cars and are about the same price. They can mod to use any coilovers you like and the system is priced closed to the same as Umbrella. I was in contact with them while I was waiting for the Umbrella kit(took 7 months for delivery)but I'm glad I waited.
Ravi knows our car's in and out and I feel if I run into an issue...I can always find him!

Thanks everyone for you interest in my soon to be released vehicle lift systems.

I wasn't planning on disclosing any information about them until they are ready for a public product launch. I'm hoping to do that in a couple of months.

I appreciate your desire to learn more and I apologize again for not being able to disclose complete information quite yet.
Unfortunately in the past, in unrelated businesses, I've had dozens of companies knock off my copyrighted products. I've spent more than $500,000 in legal fees suing companies in federal court to protect my intellectual property rights or other business rights.
I hope you understand my desire to keep the details confidential until the lift systems are ready to be launched.

I will provide the following comments:

Prices have not been finalized. We are still getting production quotes for various components. I'm making every effort to keep prices very competitive while offering systems with many more benefits and features than currently available.

The HLS is made by KW. They are a good company with good products. My systems will lift faster, weigh less and cost less than the HLS.

Thank you again for your interest and especially for your patience and understanding.
I'm doing everything I can to bring these systems to market soon with features that will be revolutionary and at prices that make them the best value.
Just a heads up to anyone who's interested in a lift system. I spent some time with Steven in Hawaii and saw the new system he's working on. If anyone knows Steven ( his middle name is precision ) you can expect nothing but the best. I've put my name on his list to buy one regardless of the price.

Last edited:
Is it ok to ask for ball park $$ figures on these systems?

Umbrella is on Facebook and you could pm Ravi here.
Many threads on prime with his pricing, but you should contact him directly to get accurate price. Not a cheap mod but a NECESSARY mod for me.

Last edited:
I bought the Umbrella VRH kit from Ravi, I have to say it took one month to get from time of order and he kept me informed of the progress. I know theres been issues with him but for my own experience it was outstanding. Like Konsx said it was a necessary mod for my car due to my ride height and scraping. I can't go over an expansion joint on an overpass without scraping. I've been re doing my interior and my car is up on jack stands but thats almost done and the VRH kit is the next thing to install. All I know is, the people I talked to before I bought mine all gave the system an A grade, the workmanship is sound, as is all of his work!

The Umbrella kit is WAY too expensive for what you get. Shop around air suspension systems and air brake systems. When you piece together the parts yourself it's not even close to what is being sold at. There's a premium for the testing and knowledge to put a kit together but it's still asking for a lot.

The pneumatic cups themselves are a commodity these days. Lots of people make their own versions and most are based off the Roberuta system (which Umbrella's is a copy of).

I built my own.

The Umbrella kit is WAY too expensive for what you get. Shop around air suspension systems and air brake systems. When you piece together the parts yourself it's not even close to what is being sold at. There's a premium for the testing and knowledge to put a kit together but it's still asking for a lot.

The pneumatic cups themselves are a commodity these days. Lots of people make their own versions and most are based off the Roberuta system (which Umbrella's is a copy of).

I built my own.

1303524448455.jpg

Last edited:

+1 Any vids? Pics?

+2!

$5500 is too rich for my blood.... especially due to the fact that I have brand new BC/Swift coilovers currently.
I'll show mine if Steven shows his!

Actually, i'm waiting on special order parts. For example, i'm waiting on stainless steel retaining rings not the carbon steel rings that others use which rust. I'm also waiting on higher pressure rated fittings and check valves that are used in J-brake systems in semi trucks so I can run higher pressures (faster).

I think Steven's will be revolutionary though...mine simply incorporates incremental improvemensts on existing designs such as greaseless/dry pneumatic seals unlike the greased solution that gets messy and requires maintenance especially in shitty climates.

I initially have no plans to sell. I just love tinkering with stuff and improving on existing designs. We'll see though.. if final production gets too expensive I might ask some local guys if they want to go in on a GB to decrease cost thru min order qtys.

I've been working on mine for 3yrs. If life didn't get in the way i'd have been done by now.

is that inclusive of kw v3s? or just the air lift system itself?

the price is not too bad since the kw's run roughly 2 grand.

+2!

$5500 is too rich for my blood.... especially due to the fact that I have brand new BC/Swift coilovers currently.

Last edited:
The KW is included in the price, so its cheaper if you buy a cheaper coilovers like Tein, for example. Or you can remove your existing coilovers and send to Ravi. You can also buy just the front lift kit, which will be cheaper also.

is that inclusive of kw v3s? or just the air lift system itself?

Back