• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Isn't this a huge bargain? What am I missing? JH4NA216XVT000187

I never found 50k mile NSXs when I was looking any where near 32 grand. And this one is no reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...83090&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Admittedly, the description on this one is sparse at best (when will people learn?) but appears to be a solid car, currently priced below market. I have zero affiliation, but wondered if there was a glaring defect that shunted the price on this.

I am sure this dealer is hoping the car bids up way past the current 31k. That's the last bid - not the buy it now price. Check back in few days to see what happens. Looks like a solid car but without records - it's just another NSX that most likely needs stuff.

The dealer is listing it for $39,900 "normally" which, depending on service history, is probably close to its actual value.

I am sure this dealer is hoping the car bids up way past the current 31k. That's the last bid - not the buy it now price. Check back in few days to see what happens. Looks like a solid car but without records - it's just another NSX that most likely needs stuff.

You mean check back in an hour and a half, which is when the auction ends :biggrin:

Condition and paint is questionable.

Kg_800.jpg

Winning Bid $33,600 for a 97 1 owner car with no accident history, and a 98 Autocheck score seems like a pretty good deal.

Even after WP/TB and other possible maintenance. As long as it passes a PPI I would think this was a very good buy for the winner.

any score on Autocheck and Carfax means nothing.

its a Joke. its only reason is to make people feel good about a purchase

but i think it was a fair price anyway.

Hey first post here -
Not positive but believe it to be a phantom bidder.
I actually bid on that car and was in front of the pack but was outbid by $100 in the last few seconds. A quick call to the dealer this evening and the car is still for sale - they are looking for $39,995.

Hey first post here -
I actually bid on that car and was in front of the pack but was outbid by $100 in the last few seconds. A quick call to the dealer this evening and the car is still for sale - they are looking for $39,995.

It was 24 seconds before it ended. Report it to ebay and see what happens.

Won't get much out of ebay I don't think but they should take the AH off the site. That's just what you'd expect from a small time dealer! They don't have any intention of letting the car go - but why isn't there a reserve or a buy it now price - just a bunch of BS from these little crappy dealers. AND that's why I wouldn't buy from them! Most of those guys just use ebay to get their merchandise out on for a look to promote themselves for very little.

Pretty crappy. Still - I wouldn't buy from a little crappy dealer - buy from an individual that has records. Better still buy from a Primer if you can. Good cars and fair prices and history! That's worth a lot imho.

Hey first post here -

Truth be told, if the service is up to date with the tb/wp recently, even 39.9k isnt a terrible price for a low mileage 97. All of my cars have come with a stack of paperwork from services to clean ups. Most of these cars....especially one owner cars like this one have a pretty detailed service history, so there may be a good history available. If it was from an individual or on prime, I wouldnt be scared of it for 39.9k. Ebay scares me a little.

Guarantee this one doesn't come with a stack of records - these little dealers all without exception almost pick em up off auction and think they'll make a pile off em - they usually end up selling to another dealer after they can't sell it. Just kind of passing it around till they find a sucker. That's been my experience with these dealers anyway....I don't trust em any further than I can throw em. They are most likely just another opportunist. Everytime a person goes to anohter new kind of car for them they always end up frustrated and with a mountain of research to properly educate themselves and end up at one of these little "turd" dealers. You always get a bum deal out of them - always. They have to make money and they usually have little knowledge of the car or cursery at best.

I would encourage anyone that the above scenario fits to steele themselves and get a huge load of paiteince. Read and learn and WAIT - you are about to make one of the biggest financial decisions you'll make - other than purchasing a house - it's best to have your guns loaded with information and knowledge and above all without a doubt - patience and if you lack that at least make a decision to use a primer so you don't get pounded with a bad deal! A word to the wise and all those little young "grasshoppers" out there! :wink:

Back