• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Newbie here Should I buy this wrekced NSX? JH4NA1154PT000190

Hey guys new guy here, and I have been wanting an nsx forever. I found this one on ebay only problem is that its wrecked pretty good in the front. I talked with the seller and he said its not as bad as it looks. He recommended a body shop, and I have talked with them and they said they can fix it. They said they have experience with aluminum work and have a laser frame rack. Does this look fixable without spending a fortune. I figured I would go ahead and update to the 02 conversion. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...260221095322&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:MOTORS:1123

Last edited:
Re: Newbie here Should I buy this wrekced NSX?

sure
dunno.gif

I don't care what the shop tells you, the car will never be the same after a major accident. If the frame was compromised at all, I would steer clear of this car.

Don't rush your NSX purchase. Go slow, search a lot of info on this site, and most of all...be patient.

No way, way too much $$$ to fix.

The rear end was painted prior to this accident. It was a previous salvage, now x 2. It was for sale on cars.com and craigslist for many months for 29.9 no one was interested then.

maybe the engine still worth some money. but it's gonna be a big $$$ to repair. if it's not that much, the owner already fixed it.
the current car looks horrible

stay away from that one.

Run for your life! As much as I like the idea of saving an NSX, that poor car would take a fortune to fix, and would still be unsafe after repairs most likely. Save your money and buy a nice car from the start.

how much is its engine's price if he takes it out???:biggrin:
he can probably take most of its parts off, and sell separately.

I would pass on this one.

Pass!!!!!!!!!!

I was gonna say, what is that thing worth on a good day, $35K if you are lucky? Salvage title too. Cut that in half. $15K car, $10K to fix it.

Ummmmm, NO!

I was gonna say, what is that thing worth on a good day, $35K if you are lucky? Salvage title too. Cut that in half. $15K car, $10K to fix it.

Ummmmm, NO!

ehh, 15k is a little harsh if it was a clean fix but salvage title, maybe 21-23k that range,

but for 10k+ for the car in that condition, the money its going to fix that bad of a accident, and the time its going to take is going to be a lot of trouble.

and he probably works at the body shop or is freinds with them is why he recomends them and why they know the car, i wouldnt be suprised if it were a sub-par place and they give you a cheap estimate but as the months run on the bill keeps upping and upping and its basicaly just going to be a bad headache, im not going to lie that would be a good deal at 8k or less to part out, not to fix becaus you will have a car thats been raped, twice!

Ummmmm, NO!

That car is going to take WAAAAAY more than $10k to fix.

So its going to be on its 2nd salvage title?

At some point, you just have to let go................:redface:

It should be parted out to strengthen the herd.

Way to much damage, it's going to cost you some major $$ to repair. You asked, so, I'll say run from this one.

Bram

Just bought my first NSX and have been in the car hobby for 33 years. Cardinal rule has always been: Buy the best you can get for the money and the best money spent is one already done. The time, hassle and $100 here and a couple hundred (i.e. thousand) there will kill you. If you want to get in as cheap as you can, then a better bet is a straight car with high miles. Everything I have learned from conversation and reading on the NSX is that with good maintenance these cars are almost bulletproof. Just my opinion and on this one absolutely NO!!!

Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. I say buy the car and then let us know in six months how much you enjoy driving your Corvette.

The rear end was painted prior to this accident. It was a previous salvage, now x 2. It was for sale on cars.com and craigslist for many months for 29.9 no one was interested then.

carfax show clean title..

so where did ya get this info about being a salvage x2?

carfax show clean title..

so where did ya get this info about being a salvage x2?

Dealer had it listed it in cars. com "previous salvage". Take a look at the rear end it has paint work sloppy one at that. Unless this is another 93 with painted rear end in VA with the same miles?:tongue:

To further add to the suspense

:confused:

Autocheck now reads:
08/09/2004 OOLTEWAH, TN Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:70087425)
CORRECTED TITLE (Lien Reported)

The other car was salvaged in 04 but now its corrected title hahahaa

Buy it let us know how it turns.:biggrin:

if you're going to drop that kind of money, then why buy a junk box?

i bet it looks enticing now.... but it will be a HUGE headache.... it's an old car to begin with. if it were "perfect" you would still need to be ready to drop some $$ on it for maintenance.

AND if you wanna sell it down the road, good luck. :frown:

don't do it - bad choice. your best bet would be to not even really look for one less than 26-27k.

That is a peace of junk ,don't rush

Back