• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

It happened finally!

:)
Hi guys,
After 13 long years, the wait is finally over. I just brought home today the car of my dream, the NSX! I purchased it from a member of our community. It's a 94 Blk/Blk with the Comptech exhaust system, HID retro kit and RM Racing intake installed, the car is in pristine condition, very, very well maintained, inside and out. Just a little bit shy of 37,000 miles at the price of exactly $33,000, the transaction was as smooth as silk, everybody was happy, specially me. I took it out for a spin, real nice drive exept for the lack of power steering that made me struggle a little bit with the wheel (cuz I'm so used to my 91 300ZX which came with it). Other than that, it's a delight driving this car! (NE1 knows if I can have the factory electrical PS installed, must cost a bundle in doing that!!). Just put on the Razo CF pedals, man, it's a real pain trying to contort myself in that confine space to have it done!
The next thing would be the Comptech headers (which BTW are on their way from CT thru Nopi.) Could someone show me how to post the pix, I'm gonna take some and show them to you guys. Special thanks to Xcite50 (Max Pham) the seller for being so helpful and understanding. Thanks all of you guys for all the instructive and informative knowledge I've found on this site that helped me make the right decision and choice in this purchase. Thumbs up!! Cheers!

Last edited:
Congrats ! Welcome to the community. :)

I think you would be better off finding an NSX with power steering rather than adding it to yours. However, I have to tell you that I drove a 91 with manual steering and I loved it. The steering feel was great. It seemed tighter than my 01. A little heavy at no speed, but nothing I couldn't handle.

mikec said:
I think you would be better off finding an NSX with power steering rather than adding it to yours. However, I have to tell you that I drove a 91 with manual steering and I loved it. The steering feel was great. It seemed tighter than my 01. A little heavy at no speed, but nothing I couldn't handle.

I agree with this. I really like not having the pwr steering. It took a few days to get used to it at really slow speeds, but the feel is great once you are moving.
Funny thing is that it was mikec that let me drive his car so I could get a feel for the newer model. Beautiful car mikec ;)

Congrats, your 94 sounds perfect! Great car, great year, great color!

I recently purchased a 91 which also has no power steering. You may want to check tire pressure regularly. Even 2-3 lbs low makes a big difference. After a week with the car, I like the steering. Also, does any one know whether different brands of tires make a difference in the steering effort, and what if you go to larger tires such as 17/18"?

Joel,
Thanks for the welcome, we have the same year of NSX but my 300ZX is a year younger than yours (he he) but it's a 2+2 NA though. I'm from Twinturbo.net, are you a member there too? ;)

Congrats on your new purchase!!

I use to own a 90 NA 300Z, i hate i ever sold it. twinturbo.net and 300zxclub.com
are both good sites for the 300ZX

Last edited:
congratulations and welcome
what are you gonna do next ? ;)

NSXsan,
The Comptech headers are on the way. After that, the Brembo slotted or drilled rotors, new brade pads and braided stainless steel lines, that will do for now. Got to manage my budget or I'll go broke if I don't stop! :rolleyes:

Back