• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

It's Poll time! What's the mileage and year of your NSX?

91 Black/Black 15,411. miles

I love it, and use it.

"how many miles are on that painting on your wall???"

Steve

------------------
Steve
89 325is "snowmobile"
91 NSX
01 MDX
02 M3 SMG

"automotive indulgence"
www.thelastdetail.com

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
HOLY COW... how much would their resale value be? I'd love to know what problems they have (if any) after that amount of usage.

The only problem I had with it was that nasty snap ring thing. Nothing else. (...really)

Don't care about the current value, I'll never sell it. Instead, I will send it back to the factory with a VERY BIG thank you note.

Originally posted by darcon:
'93 Red...purchased in'98 with 20,000.
today she's got 95,000 and is still "lookin' good" ;0)

My 9 yr old daughter wanted to go to McDonalds in "Black Beauty", so not wanting to refuse my little princess, we did.

I can relate man. My 7 yr old daughter calls my red & black, "Pretty Boy".

Originally posted by mother goose:
The only problem I had with it was that nasty snap ring thing. Nothing else. (...really)

Don't care about the current value, I'll never sell it. Instead, I will send it back to the factory with a VERY BIG thank you note.

ah, the snap ring issue. yup.

sorry... what was i thinking?!?! I wouldn't sell my NSX either!!! It was a momentary lapse of thinking...
smile.gif

155 posts... i wonder how much bigger this thread will get (and if it's the biggest thread on prime so far)

[This message has been edited by NeoNSX (edited 27 January 2003).]

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
bowdown.gif

I second that... Mother Goose is an inspiration - that's just awesome to see man. 189k is amazing...

MootherGoose... that's incredible! u the big daddy of mileage! have u drive from coast-to-coast a few times?
smile.gif

(have u had the snap ring issue too? if u dont mind answering that...)

time for mexican wave from all of us at prime for your incredible effort.
ole.gif

[This message has been edited by NeoNSX (edited 28 January 2003).]

Hey NeoNSX,
No, I haven't driven it coast-to-coast. I'm in Europe and do all my driving out here. Business trips to Hungary (1,7K miles forth and back in five days) several times a year, and a lot of european club events - France, Switzerland, Italy and of course on the german Autobahn.

In '97 I did have the snap ring snap on me. After a weekend of hard driving at the Spa-Francorchamps race track. No Service Bulletin for that was ever issued in Europe though.

There is legend of a BEAT DOWN white NSX around the Georgia area states that has somehwere around 280,000 miles!! It is a white/black early model NSX owned by some really rich guy who does all the mechanical maintenance but TRASHES the interior and exterior. I remember talking to a lady in teh service department where he fixes the car and she said she has no idea why he lets it go like that since he has a boat load of cash. We are talking broken tail lights, dented in fenders...really sad.
frown.gif

------------------
Mitch

2002 Honda S2000 white/red (6-speed)
1996 Acura Integra GSR black/black (5-speed)
1991 Acura NSX black/ivory (auto)
1990 Honda Accord EX black/tan (5-speed)

'91 Red with Red roof
now over 112,000 miles

I bought this car on August 25,2001, when it had 107,900 miles on it. I bought it because of the very nice cosmetic and mechanical condition it was, and is, in, and because the price was very fair. No non-NSXer has ever guessed the age or miles, even remotely. It also had a pretty detailed recent Acura service history, with all maintenance up to date, even timing belt and complete factory exhaust system. Aftermarket wheels (with new tires and Acura alignment), lowering springs and K & N air filter are the only mods, and all added just before I bought it. My only real letdown was the infamous evaporator, but I changed it myself.

Next to the big smile I get while pushing hard with my right foot, I like to watch people's jaws drop when the NSX pulls up.

I also have an '88 Integra which I have driven for around 280,000 miles, never having had a reason to take the engine apart, and not adding oil between changes. The looks suffered after the deer encounter, but I still enjoy driving it. I do believe "Honda wants to be your car company." They make the best cars, IMHO.

Regards,

Bill

[This message has been edited by Acuraphile (edited 07 February 2003).]

Originally posted by HUNTJAMES:
92 Red/Black 19438 miles moved to Bedford Tx last week.

Welcome to the area. I am in Dallas. Are you new to the D/FW metroplex? There is a D/FW NSX group that meets on the first Wednesday of the month at Starbucks in Irving. Also, my friend Ani lives over in Bedford. He has a black '92 that he bought new in 1992 (he was the one that got me hooked on these cars). As a matter of fact, I think he is the youngest NSX owner to own one the longest.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

91 with 3450 Miles. Original Owner. My car has never been in the rain - wipers have never been used - still smells new.
Probably the least miles of any NSX out there?
I know pretty stupid to not drive it...

My wife is giving me a really hard time and wants me to sell the car. Hate to do that - but with only a 2-car garage, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to be able to build my "car museum".
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/philhorvitz/lst?.dir=/NSX

PhilH, Nice car & nice leather
smile.gif

do you use leather conditioner?
What brand?

------------------
--
'03 MDX Starlight Silver/Ebony
- 260 HP :) -> miles start to climb
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 10k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey - 5k miles
'93 300SE MBZ - 97k miles and running strong :)

Thanks!
The car has been inside the garage and under a car cover it's entire life. So, I haven't had to do anything to the leather - it is still very soft and supple.

On my other cars, I will treat them sparingly with either Lexol or Griot's garage leather conditioner.

------------------
1991 - 3450 Miles - Never been rained on.

Originally posted by PhilH:
91 with 3450 Miles. Original Owner. My car has never been in the rain - wipers have never been used - still smells new.
Probably the least miles of any NSX out there?

I guess we should look at this from a miles/year stand point since you have '02 owners out there with not alot of miles. Veleno has a '92 with less than 2,000 miles. When I started this poll last year he had only 1,200 miles on his car.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Back