• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

it's taking me forever!

Congrats, Jack! Now, please have your wife lock that title away so that you can't get to it to sell the car again. :D

........ if you will accept any color you are looking for the prefect combination of mileage and condition among only 241 manuals produced for 2005. If there ever was a proverbial needle in a haystack this is it......

Just read through and the above made me laugh out loud. The UK sales stats show just over 400 sales in the 15 yrs, of which the NSXCB has knowledge of 242 at last count.

How hard it is to find your prefered spec over here. For example, when I was looking for my 98 Targa, there were only 46 pop-ups registered between 97 and 2001. Dismiss the autos and the coupes and I was left with approx 12 cars. Add to this that I didn't want a red car, but did want an NA2, you can imagine my joy when I found S2NSX 30 miles from my front door!!

You certainly do have a wider color choice but I have to agree with the earlier post, that Yellow/Yellow would not be one I would consider.

regards, Paul

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Yes I will get pics up soon if weather allows. I still have not been able to wash the car yet after my drive home (car had 2.6k miles but added 500 miles driving it home). Weather sucked, and what's worse is the car had never seen rain or water prior to my ownership....pained the owner, but I reallllllly wanted to get the car home badly (you know how long I have been looking). I paid a premium to get the car, but it's the exact color, year, and mileage profile I wanted as all of you know. Yellow/Black was my top pick....exotic color for an exotic car. And yes, I was being picky on mileage and condition, but it paid off. I am VERY happy, cannot stop smiling today. I think I made a new friend (seller) to boot....this kind of thing is always pleasant....no surprises, seller/buyer are all happy, and car is in good hands (I am anal too, but probably not as anal as the seller!==> i mean that in a good way).

stay tuned for pics.

Fantastic! Glad to see you got exactly what you wanted.

For me, Silverstone w/ Onyx Interior (although very common of the 05s) was the exact color combo I wanted. It would have driven me nuts had I settled for something other than this (Silver/Silver or some other color).
:smile:

Because NSX's are ment to be driven, rain or shine. :smile:

I agree...my comment was based on his long search for a low mileage 'perfect car'.

Usually when someone is in that situation they don't want the car wet and have to add 20% to the total mileage before they get it home!

It's just my opinion!

He found the exact NSX he wanted and that's what counts!

I agree...my comment was based on his long search for a low mileage 'perfect car'.

Usually when someone is in that situation they don't want the car wet and have to add 20% to the total mileage before they get it home!

It's just my opinion!

He found the exact NSX he wanted and that's what counts!

still perfect:) still only has 3k miles:)

still perfect:) still only has 3k miles:)

And I'm sure it will stay in that condition .... my comment was a bit tongue in cheek :smile:

Look forward to soem photos soon

regards,

by the way, I washed it last night when the weather cleared up. This thing is truly flawless. Plus, the owner had installed a clearbra day one at the dealership. Window sticker never folded and preserved in perfect condition. It's as if I went back in time to 2005 and bought one off the showroom floor. I paid a premium, but these are harder to come by as a lot are driven rather than sit as a display piece. Will try to take pics soon..

Congrats. In for pics.

I was in the same boat. Certain qualities in a car and found it. Your right about the smiling.

by the way, I washed it last night when the weather cleared up. This thing is truly flawless. Plus, the owner had installed a clearbra day one at the dealership. Window sticker never folded and preserved in perfect condition. It's as if I went back in time to 2005 and bought one off the showroom floor. I paid a premium, but these are harder to come by as a lot are driven rather than sit as a display piece. Will try to take pics soon..
Now that you've finally gotten the car you want, in the color you want (great choice as I've stated previously), the question is are you going to keep it as a "display piece" or are you going to use it the way it was meant to be used. It's not as if the car will melt if it gets wet, or that the engine will crumple when driven.................................so post some pictures now that it's clean, and to make us NE Region owners jealous, go and drive it!:biggrin:

Congrats...I know exactly how you feel.
I guess you will be sleeping on the garage floor tonight next to the new baby.:biggrin:

Maybe if you private Ben Lin, he will sell you his 2005:biggrin: I think his has like 900 miles!

I've seen Ben's car. All stock. Looks showroom new so I'd say maybe, just maybe he would sell it...but I wouln't hold your breath. :biggrin:

Who's Ben Lin? And what color / specs is his car?

I'm willing to give up my GT3 for the right NSX so lemme know fellas! :biggrin:

I could free up some cash for a tri-plex foreclosure property I've been eyeing and as some of you know, those things must be paid in cash :(

rick

Eh, how did I get dragged into this?

Hahah, the car has 1900 miles now. :tongue:

Not for sale, at any price.

Rick, we met at an NSX drive once, when you brought out your yellow S2000. I was driving the Brooklands Green '94 at the time, and we chatted a bit before the drive. Not sure if you remember. Been out to a few of the S2000 weekly meets too, but didn't get a chance to talk to you.

Eh, how did I get dragged into this?

Hahah, the car has 1900 miles now. :tongue:

Not for sale, at any price.

Rick, we met at an NSX drive once, when you brought out your yellow S2000. I was driving the Brooklands Green '94 at the time, and we chatted a bit before the drive. Not sure if you remember. Been out to a few of the S2000 weekly meets too, but didn't get a chance to talk to you.

Wow that statement reflects a true NSX lover :) "not for sale at any price!" I have yet to hear that from a F-car or Lambo owner...haha Ben I do remember but that's been a long time! What color is your 05? Congrats on a beauty!

rick

haha damn rick, haven't talked to you in forever..you have too many cars already! lol i wasn't surprised when i saw s4play up in here =P

go boilers haha!

haha damn rick, haven't talked to you in forever..you have too many cars already! lol i wasn't surprised when i saw s4play up in here =P

go boilers haha!

Alex? :) Whatcha doing on here - upgraded to an NSX now?

rick

Back