• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jap auctions, look what turned up today

Cant decide if I like it or not. Could do with a better set of wheels and lower. Start price is 23k USD. Veilside manual NSX typically sell for 40-50KUSD at auction.

Has got 320k spoon speedo and maybe twin turbo from my poor translation
4IuzCwB6LtZC4m4brftylaI7anHiIldPS4V04oiaselrFodthlYtPeYErVxSyGdpLm6LmB9dRO-sx6B0bRwV1qJfZ.jpg
2myH0mB6pRbXOKYBdiw8sG6aHqFz86X1jPHliubNH1uC2YBXx0a66d8H2NMgT0XD7UWb7ms8U-sx6B0bRwV1qJfZ.jpg
v2m5autRSmJqkauwL0dnmpnmU1zCVdcXn18Ordv5p8VBMhASIrUwCUQG5k0XRFdbvSDjGB8-sx6B0bRwV1qJfZ.jpg
rCzgvokLj7VY64PcYJQvkNtgV7GWumMH1pQzY0tRAn7Bso3Y08wgqLEiNmP2tMSqfKkFb9UwsTfI-sx6B0bRwV1qJfZ.jpg

Do not want!

The interior looks nice

i just puked a little

destroyed I would strip the car return to original if they didn't jury rig it to fit.

I still don't understand why they don't do this to a Feiro why tear up an NSX to have this look. the look is terrible celica headlights etc.

but its their car they can ruin it if they want. it only makes more work for the next guy buying it

wowa wowa!! so much hate....

The veilside kit actually looks quite cool in the flesh. Wide low and different. But hey... beauty is in the eye of the beholder
epp3wo.jpg

Ive seen much worse on this forum.

2m5ywib.jpg

Rear end is hideous whether in the photo or in real life

Its like Veilside tried to make a S7 conversion

2004_saleen_s7-pic-37512.jpeg

2004_saleen_s7-pic-700.jpeg

A small point.
I travelled to Japan on business for many years and got to know many Japanese people both here and in Japan.
One of the most derogatory terms you can call a Japanese person is a Jap.
How about out of respect for Japanese people we stop using the term Jap in our posts?

Hey OP ,

Don't take anything personal. A lot of purist on here that's all. Totally fine, if you like I go for it.

Its like Veilside tried to make a S7 conversion

2004_saleen_s7-pic-37512.jpeg

2004_saleen_s7-pic-700.jpeg

Hey! Shutup you. Dont rip on my dream car. I guess I have to beat you up now lol. I hear you tho. I didnt see it till one veilside owner posted pictures of his red one and a red S7 together in one post. They do look kind of close to each other.Most of the veilside's dont get me hot but I would take that yellow veilside.

A small point.
I travelled to Japan on business for many years and got to know many Japanese people both here and in Japan.
How about out of respect for Japanese people we stop using the term Jap in our posts?

The term wasn't offensive prior to World War II and we all know what happened after that, self inflicted I would think. The term Jap is used in my country a lot with no intention of being derogatory or offensive. We have very open border policies with Japan and reap the rewards by getting cheap Japanese imports, most of which you will never see on your US shores. Many vehicle importers use the term in company names, all of which deal direct with Japanese exporters, they don't seem to have an issue with it.

My reference to Jap in the subject title was Japanese Auction, not Japanese person. I wouldn't call a Japanese person a Jap, I would just call them a person.

Bye

- - - Updated - - -

Hey OP ,

Don't take anything personal. A lot of purist on here that's all. Totally fine, if you like I go for it.

Don't worry, Im not :)

Just like stirring the pot a little.

Wow that Saleen is one ugly mamma!

A small point.

+1. I had this exact thought the first moment I read the title to this post but said nothing (shame on me). Fact is, it doesn't matter where you're from or what you're referring to, the term "Jap" is derogatory. Full stop.

+1. I had this exact thought the first moment I read the title to this post but said nothing (shame on me). Fact is, it doesn't matter where you're from or what you're referring to, the term "Jap" is derogatory. Full stop.

I guess the word police are really getting to us because that was my first thought too. I'm Italian (a 1/4 anyway) and if someone said there is a Ferrari on some Dego auction I don't think I would be offended. When I grew up (and I think I'm not alone here) there was an expression "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me". Whatever happened to that?

Anyway to stay on point..I'm not really a fan of the car either. I looks like a really pretty woman covered in tattoos to me.

I'm not really a fan of the car either. It looks like a really pretty woman covered in tattoos to me.

Each to their own... while I'm not a fan of Veilside mods the painted ladies aren't all bad :biggrin:

dsc02202.jpg

A small point.

I was a little shocked to read the title of the thread, coming from a "japanese" car owners forum.

Lets keep this forum clean?. We are waaay better than owners of japanese sportscars that refer to "them" in such derogatory terms, whether they know it or not, whether they care or not.

Not asking for anyones interpretation, or your upbringings/background, or justifying what you think. Just because actual japanese people arent going to stand up here, doesnt mean its right. World is bigger than we all think and not limited to our locality, no matter how we twist it or justify it. Respect.

Last edited:
lol......I was wondering how the veilside kit got 24 responses....If you peruse the foreign regions posts on prime the term Jap is used quite often..I don't think they are being racist....I'ts all in ones perspective.

Back