• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JGTC Live Picture Thread

docjohn said:
Great turnout guys!I see we had some distant travellers-Lud,Ken ,Tiger,ect.Those friggen race-cars are rrrridiculous.When you see the real things you've gotta laugh at how some of us try to emulate them :tongue: with our street cars.LOL.
Not too bad, considering those race cars cost in the neighborhood of 1.5 million. I'd try to emulate it too :biggrin:

Re: Caution some pics may not be suitable for all viewers..

My contribution, Not the pro Photog.. My pics are scewed to the car show side, and the TALENT.... :biggrin:

Turbo NSX, placed Second in the Car show...
The trophy girl just had to have a pic of her and the car.
So what the hey. I snook and took one.
Good Job Brian. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Jgtc4.jpg
    Jgtc4.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,316
  • jgtc2a.JPG
    jgtc2a.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 1,750
  • jgtc9da.JPG
    jgtc9da.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 10,719
  • JGTC9db.JPG
    JGTC9db.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 1,313
Last edited:
paladin said:
Not too bad, considering those race cars cost in the neighborhood of 1.5 million. I'd try to emulate it too :biggrin:
Hmm... where did you get that number? Not that I doubt it's validity... ;) Frankly, I've always suspected it was north of 1 mill myself, but have never known where to validate that theory, except maybe GT3. :biggrin:

A few more, of the race cars.
Netviper, there where cars there with stock wheels. A lot of them. Maybe Prova Ferrari has some pics of wheels as he did at 03's NSXPO.

Attachments

• JGTC042004_race.JPG
    JGTC042004_race.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 2,112
  • JGTC042004_race2.JPG
    JGTC042004_race2.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 2,108
  • JGTC042004_race3.JPG
    JGTC042004_race3.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,086
  • JGTC042004_race4.JPG
    JGTC042004_race4.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 2,130
  • JGTC042004_race5.JPG
    JGTC042004_race5.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 2,072
And yet more.

Attachments

• JGTC042004_race8.JPG
    JGTC042004_race8.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,070
  • JGTC042004_race9a.JPG
    JGTC042004_race9a.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 2,070
  • JGTC042004_racee.JPG
    JGTC042004_racee.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,091
  • JGTC042004_race9b.JPG
    JGTC042004_race9b.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 2,052
I think they have it set with retainer pins and remove it to work on the motor prior to the race. Did you notice in the photos the automatic jacks, they plug the air in the nose and the cars up. Very Cool!

NetViper said:
Question. Did anyone with a NSX there actually have the OEM rims??

Unfortunately mine did. :frown:

NetViper said:
Did other cars get to do a parade lap also or was it just the NSXs?
Other clubs participated in the parade lap, but the NSXCA was first!! Heck, the group was so big, it was split up into several sections, with other makes and models mixed in at times.

I hadn't seen pictures of it before, but after seeing the color on that Ebbro NSX, I have to say that one looks smokin'!!! I must find a small scale version of it!

More JGTC Sprint 1 pics from Sunday....

Attachments

• IMG_7126.JPG
    IMG_7126.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,982
  • IMG_6934.JPG
    IMG_6934.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,992
  • IMG_7009.JPG
    IMG_7009.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 1,958
  • IMG_7058.JPG
    IMG_7058.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,060
princxixor said:
Hmm... where did you get that number? Not that I doubt it's validity... ;) Frankly, I've always suspected it was north of 1 mill myself, but have never known where to validate that theory, except maybe GT3. :biggrin:
Thats what those same porsche guys were saying. their GT3 was from teh Grand Am Rolex series i believe. they said it only cost them in the neighborhood of $100k. Also, apparently they were unable to obtain the tires or use the same aero + brake packages as the jgtc cars, which would lead to why they couldnt hold up in the turns

len3.8 said:
My contribution, Not the pro Photog.. My pics are scewed to the car show side, and the TALENT.... :biggrin:

QUOTE]

Len,
It was great meeting you, Nsxtasy, Lud and seeing everyone else too!!

Now that the pleasantries are out of the way.....SHOW MORE TALENT!!! :biggrin:

paladin said:
Thats what those same porsche guys were saying. their GT3 was from teh Grand Am Rolex series i believe. they said it only cost them in the neighborhood of $100k. Also, apparently they were unable to obtain the tires or use the same aero + brake packages as the jgtc cars, which would lead to why they couldnt hold up in the turns

The porsche guy's took 5th place, they were some country boys from Texas and they were real happy with there finish.
They even let us sit in there car.

Randy, what length lens were you using? Your shots are tighter than some of mine (or is that because you cropped them for posting here).

Yes, that gold on the Ebbro NSX was wicked! I also had no idea how bright the ARTA NSX is in person.

I don't know if you noticed that AutoArt was in the vendor area. I complained about the lack of NSXs on display (there weren't any) and the guy told me that they will be releasing all of the JGTC NSXs in 1:18 scale die-cast next year!!!! Must get the entire line!!!!!

And, be sure to check out my video thread from time to time.

Last edited:

NemesisX said:
len3.8 said:

QUOTE]

Len,
It was great meeting you, Nsxtasy, Lud and seeing everyone else too!!

Now that the pleasantries are out of the way.....SHOW MORE TALENT!!! :biggrin:

Well it was nice meeting you and everyone else as well.
I got to the dinner late, so I didn't get to run my mouth and meet people, I was tired and very hungry. The dinner worked well with my hunger.

As far as the talent. I thought others would have posted some. I don't really have a lot, my wife would have my hide. :cool: I'll see what Lud and others will let slip by.

Attachments

• talent5.JPG
    talent5.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,051
  • talent2.JPG
    talent2.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,888
  • talent9.JPG
    talent9.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,049
  • talent9c.JPG
    talent9c.JPG