• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JH4NA1151RT000425...anyone know the history of this car?

It's been close to a year of searching and I feel like I'm getting closer to finding the right car. I have yet to inspect this car because it's in-transit, but it should be here soon.

I am looking at this red 1994 NSX being offered locally by a small dealership. He is asking $30K, a price which kind of scares me a bit. But if everything checks out, I will strongly consider it. I am working on getting as much information on it as possible but here is what I have on it, and it's not much:

Clean title
Red/Tan
6-speed
Arizona car
Clean carfax (haven't seen it yet)

I can't confirm if the t-belt has been done or not, as the service records are with the car.

I would appreciate any information you may have on this vehicle. Any suggestions/comments are also appreciated.

Thanks,
Israel

Attachments

• nsxx.jpg
    nsxx.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 107
  • nsx 3.jpg
    nsx 3.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 72
  • nsx 4.jpg
    nsx 4.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 86
'94s came with 5spds. Need to check if it is a misprint or why the change was performed. The Diamond dealer listed all sorts of things like a Moon roof that are also not standard on the car, and would not be desireable if they are actually installed. This car requires careful history investigation. The price is a bit low for a dealer if the car is really clean. Unless it is a slavaged vehicle.

Good luck,

Tytus

Thanks Tytus for the info. I am expecting a 5-speed, I think it's just a mis-print on his part.

I do need to be very careful with the history of this car at this price. I will get it checked out a the local Acura dealership.

Snap ring issues are not a concern for a 94 correct?

Thanks again!

Snap ring is not a concern for this year but they can fail on any year, just not as soon. Read all you can and educate yourself before you go see your first car as falling in love can occur and then you will overlook imortant details. The Wiki section on this forum has a wealth of info.

Another concern is that the car has a oil type air cleaner, and unless properly maintained these can be a source of early engine wear. It would be good if you could get in touch with the last owner. Then you can verify any mods that are on the car and their history.

What is the area in which you are looking?

Tytus

I did notice the air cleaner in the pictures, but the new owner stated this, along with the wheels, was the only changes that had been done to the car.

Like I said, I haven't physically inspected it. But, I will pay a mechanic to take a good look at it, top to bottom.

I was originally looking for a 95-96 T in the $30-35K range. I finally realized that it was going to be tough to find a nice 95-96 in this price range. I will be very happy with a 91-94, assuming things check out OK.

I've been on this forum for some time now, looking and prices and trying to learn as much as possible. I hope I can get in touch with the previous owner to ask some questions.

like a Moon roof that are also not standard on the car, Tytus

Never even came as an option.:rolleyes: Only the removable roof panel on 95+ and then that was standard as the coupe was by special order only basis.
You can look at the picture of the car and see that there isn't a hole cut in the roof.

^ little bit of both! It needs some service done (timing belt/water pump we suspect), but this was factored into the price. :)

Crazy Acura said:
1994 NSX
60k miles
5-speed
$30,000

Car isnt mint but for 14 years old its pretty damn close. Needs new shocks and new wheels. These Works have bent lips on them but have no vibrations.

The body of it is flawless though. Interior is super clean!

2625587817_c97aaa6266_b.jpg

2626409028_76f242beb4_b.jpg

2625586801_2949493820_b.jpg

Car looks great!

Congratulations to the new owner on what looks to be a very good deal.

If the new owner is interested in a set of shocks off of a 94 with 35,000 mi I have a set that can be purchased very cheap.

PM me if interested.

Norm
94 Red

Back