• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JH4NA1158RT000499 - '94 Red/Black in MI

I think this may be the car for me, but need a little help from the experts.

Everything works. No mechanical problems. Drives well. Clean Carfax. All service is up to date. And fairly low miles at 42K.

Driver's seat bolster wear seems in line with expectations (see photo). I guess I expected fewer stone chips than I found, but maybe my expectations were too high. What is normal? And I definitely plan to drive it and no doubt inflict more in the future. Does anyone have a good description for "excellent" versus "good" versus "average"?

Is it normal that the panel gaps on the hood around the headlights are not uniform? This car had larger gaps at the back edge (the rear gap looked larger in person than in these photos); is that for clearance for the pop-up lights? And now that I look at the front photo the hood doesn't seem to be sitting properly.

Another anomaly in the front was this little panel than wasn't sitting right (see photo). Anyone know what this is? I didn't want to wrench on it too hard to see if I could get it back in place.

The interior is okay. Looks like the owner had a dog in there from time to time and note what looks to be a coffee stain near the driver's seat. Any chance that will come out?

Also any opinions on price would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Listings:

AutoTrader

http://carproperty.com/1994-acura-nsx-ad48451376.htm?view=1&print=1

Attachments

• IMG_5617.jpg
    IMG_5617.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_5615.jpg
    IMG_5615.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_5622.jpg
    IMG_5622.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5621.jpg
    IMG_5621.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5616.jpg
    IMG_5616.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 196
Another anomaly in the front was this little panel than wasn't sitting right (see photo). Anyone know what this is? I didn't want to wrench on it too hard to see if I could get it back in place.

That is right around the tow hook cover. May want to ask the owner if the car has been towed and why. I am no expert, but something about the car seems off. The last picture makes the grill behind the license plate holder look "wavey". I've never seen it like that before.

check this link out all new owners should read these 4 pages of pure knowledge its called the NSX Buyers Guide

heres the link this will answer all of your questions

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/includes/htup_0810_acura_nsx_buyers_guide/index.html

goodluck

as for the front bumper it was def removed before, the pic of the fender looks like it lines up pretty good. not totally out of line but slightly. do you have a pic of the other fender lines?

the tow hook just pull it out and reinsert it the side is just pressed in to much.

the seat bolster looks normal with a high mileage car not the 45K miles they are claiming. I have a 2002 with 60K miles and no seat wear. also this wear might be from how old the car is. so I am not sure

Last edited:
So the answer is "no" as to whether larger sheetmetal gaps between the back of the headlight and the hood versus the hood and the front quarter are normal?

Dave, the tow hook cover being ajar is an easy fix, the panel gaps are not quite right but might not be too hard to address.
The question is, how did they come to be mis-aligned in the first place?
That bolster wear could be 'normal' for the miles and age, if the (in this case original) owner wasn't taking any care about ingress and egress......for example our '92 with 32K looks MUCH better than that.
Another local (LJZ on Prime) has a 1994 Red/Black coupe, this car is a twin to his :cool:

Brian

the gap between the headlights and the hood looks normal to me

the gap between the fender and the hood ( top part of pic )
look ok

but the gap between the headlight cover and the fender ( bottom part of same pic) look a little to close this is something that happens when the front bumper is removed if its not lined up correctly which the front bumper its not.

This car is for sale in orlando at Universal Nissan. I went there today and the car looks good for its age. The dealer gave me the bullshit that the nsx was the personal car of the owner of the dealer. I guess they were mistaken. Is the original owner on prime? I have a friend who might be interested in it. I took it for a test drive and it drives well and tight. Interior is perfect. A/C & radio work. The only work it will probably need is the wheels - some curb rash. From the original auto trader ad - the timing belt was done in 2009. It is all original. Paint is nice. Leather seats are in great shape. The wear on the bolster is not that bad at all. Seats probably just need some conditioning. Asking price is $31,744. I like the feel of the manual steering. :)

The header panel and the the hood on the right side of the car look totally out alignment as well as the hood and the right side headlight, and the tow hook area is screwed up. IMO stay away.

91 Red/Black NSX
09 VW Jetta TDI White

I wondered what happened to/where this red NSX went..... would be interesting to know how it made its way to central Florida. Wholesaled?

I just check Universal Nissan website. The NSX is off their site. I guess it was sold this week.

The PO of my car had a carbon fiber hood installed that didn't have the best fitment, so his body shop adjusted the headlights to compensate. When I put the OEM hood back on, the headlights had to be adjusted.

Could be something similar here. Although the gap between the hood and front fascia do not seem to be uniform either.

Back