• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jones Beach/Long Island car meet?

I was around the Meadowbrook and Ocean Parkway connection at Jones Beach about 10am this morning. In the span of about 20 minutes I saw about 10-15 corvettes (couple ZR-1s), 10 stangs, 3 vipers (1 acr), and a smattering of other exotica (Ferarri's) and classics, all of different years and vintage. They were all heading west on Ocean Parkway. I wanted to follow, but I had to get going.

So I'm wondering, anyone know what I missed?

There's an impromptu Sunday morning meet near the old OBI site. The cars you saw were probably heading home.

I was around the Meadowbrook and Ocean Parkway connection at Jones Beach about 10am this morning. In the span of about 20 minutes I saw about 10-15 corvettes (couple ZR-1s), 10 stangs, 3 vipers (1 acr), and a smattering of other exotica (Ferarri's) and classics, all of different years and vintage. They were all heading west on Ocean Parkway. I wanted to follow, but I had to get going.

So I'm wondering, anyone know what I missed?

There's an impromptu Sunday morning meet near the old OBI site. The cars you saw were probably heading home.

Wow, no kidding? That is good to know. Any posted information about it, or how often it happens?

On another note, the OBI? That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Save the Oak Beach Inn! I guess it wasn't saved. :frown:

I believe it's every Sunday weather permitting. Not sure if it's exactly at the OBI, I've heard folks also congregate at Gilgo or Tobay beach. I'm rarely up early enough on a Sunday to find out. :wink:

The OBI is long gone, so is its owner Bob Matherson RIP. Back in the 80s his favorite saying was "Get out of New York State before it's too late."

Oak_Beach_Inn.jpg

Wow, no kidding? That is good to know. Any posted information about it, or how often it happens?

On another note, the OBI? That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Save the Oak Beach Inn! I guess it wasn't saved. :frown:

Captree/OBI is a typical sunday gathering location. Sunday AM from about 6a to 10a. later than that and people are leaving.

i have been going for years. I dont go every week since its about 30+ miles from my house and frankly i dont like wasting the mileage.

I know of 4 NSX's that attend.

A Black 05 (board member here who lives about 2 miles from me)
A Silver 05 (currently for sale on ebay)
A Red NSX Vert, (Board member but i only recall him talking about going there once)

and my Silver 05.

I believe it's every Sunday weather permitting. Not sure if it's exactly at the OBI, I've heard folks also congregate at Gilgo or Tobay beach. I'm rarely up early enough on a Sunday to find out. :wink:

The OBI is long gone, so is its owner Bob Matherson RIP. Back in the 80s his favorite saying was "Get out of New York State before it's too late."

Oak_Beach_Inn.jpg

Now that place looks like a party. Watch out after dusk for the logs in the parking lot. Might stub a toe. Narragansett draft or PBR on tap and 'prolly rooms upstairs to rent for my favo L.I. girl. :tongue:
Super place for NSX GTG just years too late.. . . . dangit

Back