• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just bought an NSX

Thanks for all of the positive feedback!

I have too much respect for the nsx to do silly street races, tricks, and such. I baby this thing all week and only take it out on the weekend. No worries, she is well taken care of on and off the street! :biggrin:

I bet you worked hard for that Corvette too! I respect that.

It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.... I'm not sure how hard I worked for the Corvette... I did work for it though. I was blessed in finding a good job at 19. The job has changed over the years, but I remain with a major corporation/transportation/railroad company.

No free lunch with my dad... his philosophy is you are 19 you are on your own... he's been there for moral support over the years and advice, but no $$$$.

Those who have parents that give them money, I don't hold it against them, as long as they appreciate it and are thankful for it. Some people take too many things for granted.

It took a while for me to get an NSX, but every time I look at it or drive it :biggrin: I'm quite thankful to be one of the few.

In addition, I believe your NSX will be a decent investment. At least it won't depreciate ten's of thousands of dollars after the first couple years of ownership for you... I'm not sure what the insurance rates are for a 19 yr old male, but for me full coverage is quite reasonable.

In addition, I believe your NSX will be a decent investment. At least it won't depreciate ten's of thousands of dollars after the first couple years of ownership for you... I'm not sure what the insurance rates are for a 19 yr old male, but for me full coverage is quite reasonable.

For my insurance, I was able to add Sky on as the "main":wink: driver with progressive and I have 1k deductible on comprehensive and 2k deductible on collision for $700 for a 6 month policy. If you don't mind, please share how reasonable your coverage is and with who.

Also, I saw that you're from Omaha NE, and I think that's pretty great because I'm originally from Lincoln NE, and had only moved to IN some months ago.

Hi, I had recently bought my first NSX (91 blk/blk 72k) in mid August. My name is Ryan and I live in IN.

I absolutely love my x. It was very well maintained. Very clean with no mods. I have plans for future mods but once that has been done I will post it in a different thread.

My brother Sky (3.5LNSX, 04 rd/rd 40k?) had purchased the NSX from Brian (SOURCENSX) with plans of mods in mind. He later changed his mind and that's when I decided I would buy it off of him. The NSX has always been my dream car and I just couldn't let the chance pass me by.

I still have a lot to learn about the NSX and hope to acquaint myself with other prime members. I understand I currently lack the experience and knowledge required to fully understand the NSX but I know I will be able to learn a lot from prime.

I do hope that other prime members do not respond to me differently because of my age. I am currently 19 and I work 60hrs a week. I do not live with my parents. My ability to buy the NSX is through my own hard work and nobody else's. I project that the NSX would be fully mine within 2 years.

A few quick things:

1.) Congrats on the new car. You will love it.

2.) Usually nobody cares how old you are unless you make it an issue. I have never understood why people come in here and say 'I am XX years old, don't hate me for being young' when nobody else really cares. Just conduct yourself properly, and you are all good. :)

3.) Call the car whatever you want. Call it an 'X', and 'NSX', or even 'Bubba'...it is your car, so pay no mind to the people here trying to tell you what to do with your car.

If you are ever around Indianapolis, let me know. I live on the north side, and would love to meet you and see your car. Enjoy! :cool:

For my insurance, I was able to add Sky on as the "main":wink: driver with progressive and I have 1k deductible on comprehensive and 2k deductible on collision for $700 for a 6 month policy. If you don't mind, please share how reasonable your coverage is and with who.

Also, I saw that you're from Omaha NE, and I think that's pretty great because I'm originally from Lincoln NE, and had only moved to IN some months ago.

I've been in Omaha since '89, longer than you've been around. I'm 53 now, purchased the NSX at 49. There are several NSX's in the area. Two here on prime for sure. I've seen a 02-05 red in town, but wasn't able to hook up (I was in my DD). Then there is or was a black/black in town, I heard for sale. There use to be a Yellow one in town, but haven't seen it for several years. I have yet to see another NSX on the road when I'm on the road, unless it was a meeting we set up. The other two I know of in the area are a 91 Stock Red/Black and a 92 Silver with silver roof, heard to have been the car in the Pulp Fiction movie.

As for insurance, I am with AAA. $1k deductible on collision/comp. 6 mo, $182.90. It is part of a multi-car policy, with my DD, my wife's DD, and the NSX rated under "pleasure use" - that ain't no lie, I get plenty of pleasure every time I drive the NSX :biggrin: Plus it is also bundled with a homeowners policy.

I pay $745 for 6 mo's for the three cars, my DD I have $500 and my wife's $250 on collision/comp. I went higher on the NSX figuring I'm not driving it that often and hope not to wreck it, but if I did, I want to be covered. It is my oldest vehicle, but also the most valuable, and nicest by far.

But you have to remember for AAA I have to purchase a AAA membership each year. So that adds a little to the cost.

But with AAA I receive other discounts via the membership, travel, roadside assistance, free towing... now I haven't needed the towing for quite some time, but I do have a couple kids, especially my son, who seems to have his car break down once or twice a year and it comes in handy for him to call dad, have dad show up with his AAA card and call for a tow. :smile:

I thought I read something about how to behave in the NSX

You can review the Exotic Owners Code of Conduct here on Prime:
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Exotic_Owners_Code_of_Conduct

It sounds like you won't have any issues in that area anyway.

If you ever get back to NE, let me know.

Ohio State vs. Nebraska tonight. Hopefully this won't turn out like their Big 10 debut. :eek:

Back