• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just drove a 911 TT!

Any of you guys able to do a "carfax" on

WP0AB29911S685711

or

WP0AB29941s686786

TIA

Great car -- I drive mine almost daily, swapping it out for the NSX-Z to break up the montonony (I know, poor me).

Totally different car than the NSX not just in the numbers but in just about everyway... The 996 turbo is a bit more a GT car, has the AWD feeling, feels larger and higher off the ground, and purposely hides the feeling of speed and g's and hard breaking to some degree -- and it definitely doesn't give you the constant road feedback an NSX with good suspension does, or a Ferrari does.

I love 'em both, but ultimately, even tho the 996 is faster, I think the NSX (or at least my Zanardi) is more fun on a spirited drive or at the track; that said, the mid range torque, higher HP, and awd is nice around town both for when it rains and also for when someone wants to challenge you (not that I'd respond, of course, oh no :) )

Definitely two fast cars that were built with very different design philosophies and goals. Some prefer one to the other; personally, I enjoy both depending on the situation. I have a real hard time choosing a favorite sports car because there is so much more than road & track's stats, and because it really is based on what you, the individual, is looking for in a sports car.

Back