• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got disqualified from lasd!

:mad::mad: Damn I'm so mad!!!! On Friday Sept 5th i received a letter stating i had just been disqualified form lasd for the not passing my psych (oral). Its just so discouraging going through the whole process and getting shut down at the very last step. From my point of view when I met with the Psychologist I thought the psychological evaluation went great but i guess not! Since I dont agree with the decision I will be appealing it. It just sucks that i have to pay out of pocket now to get re-evaluated. BTW are their any psychologist on nsxprime in the socal area that are familar with law enforcement position??? If so you can probably re-evaluate me or give me some pointers..:smile: pm me if so...

I would recommend you seriously reconsider appealing it. Just use that experience and move on to the next PD/SO and start over.

Most cops do not get hired their first time through the door. Also you can flunk a psych for one agency and pass it for another. They all generally have their own idea of the type of personality they are looking for to be their ideal cop.

Appealing the decision will only black list you from that department and possibly others. Call them up and ask if they can give you any suggestions as to how to do better the next time. Try to call the doctor and see if he can give you any suggestions. Finally find out what the repeat time is for LASD and then reapply. Let them know you are a big enough man to accept criticism, learn from it, change and try again.

Just my thoughts after 25 years in the business and managing Personnel as one of my responsibilities.

i agree with Cairo.... dont appeal, it wont do you any good anyways... it's THIER doctors opinion and that is what they will stick with.... dont look at it as you failed.... you just didnt meat thier personality perameters.... take it from one that knows... i failed two while trying to get my job.... howver, persaverance will pay off... remember one thing.... they are NOT looking for PERFECT people... they accept flaws and expect you to have them... what they are looking for is someone that knows his / her own flaws and works to solve them.... you CANNOT go into a test like this and try to be too perfect... it will never work..... one question i have is what is your age.... if you are less than 28 it is VERY difficult to pass this test just because of the age.... one of the things these tests look for is maturity and most times these doctors do not believe younger people have the maturity to have a job with such high expectations and responsibility....... and remember this word... LIABILITY... thay are doing everything they can to prevent the next Raphael Perez (sp?) from making it into thier department.... keep trying, take some college classes in Administration of Justice and dont give up... good luck !!!!!!!! Dave

Wow im kinda blown away from the response i got:eek:... I thought appealing it would be the way to go, but i guess not! After reading what cairo said about the the whole black listing thing kind of made me think. I'm just going to appeal it. I have too much pride and i am not planning on giving up!

Wow im kinda blown away from the response i got:eek:... I have too much pride and i am not planning on giving up!

Don't take this as a criticism, but here is the problem. Your expectations weren't met and you don't want to give up. Maybe this part of your personality is what showed up in the eveluation and can be seen as a potential for you to escalate a particular scenario. If you have pride and don't want to give up, apply for another job.

Your expectations weren't met and you don't want to give up. Maybe this part of your personality is what showed up in the eveluation and can be seen as a potential for you to escalate a particular scenario.

Junior11x,
Well, that might be more telling about your pych exam than anything else (see highlighted section of quote). Maybe the doc saw this in your personality and was worried about a "I will not lose" approach to law enforcement.

You should listen to Cairo and Oneadam. They know what they are talking about when it comes to law enforcement.

I would have to agree with just applying at a seperate agency and dont give up. I hopefully will be starting my testing phase next week with the Fort Bend County sheriffs dept but I only applied for a jailor.

Why would you want to work for a PD that doesn't want you?

I never understand why guys take this so seriously. Apply elsewhere. In 10 years you will look back and this will probably be the best thing that ever happened to you.

I would move on, there is a lot of opportunity. Look at cities and other counties. LAPD is hiring or at least they advertise a lot. A lot of guys don't make it through selection the first time anyway. When I applied for the AQMD I was rejected in the first round, but found a similar job in LA county.

Back