• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got home with my first NSX!!!

Hello all,

After 15 year as a Porsche guy I am please to say I just got home to north of Detroit with my "new to me", 1995 red/tan 5 speed 39,000 miles targa!!!

I flew down to Norfolk va and drove back 750 miles.... as troublefree as driving my mini van!!

I am so glad the I :

saw the light
drank the koolaid
had the dough handy
got the owner to call me back
made the deal
took the flight....

I nearly broke my arm reaching for my wallet when I saw the car!!!

I cannot believe the attention this car DEMANDS!!! two separate sellers "warned" me about it.... but heck... why have a car like this if it doesn't attract attention!!!

I welcome any/all of you to contact me on or off forum, espessilly those from Southeast Michigan. I'd really like to find out who you trust working on your car around here!!

would also like to talk about maintenance intervals.

The car has been well maintained with lots of records in a nice binder... but the magor stuff.... belts, water pump, brake flush, coolant flush.. was at 15,200 miles in april 2007.... the car now has 39,200 on it.

I look forward to hanging out, and getting to know you guys and my new car

thanks

greg long
fairhaven,mich
1-586-530-9163
[email protected]

would also like to talk about maintenance intervals.

The car has been well maintained with lots of records in a nice binder... but the magor stuff.... belts, water pump, brake flush, coolant flush.. was at 15,200 miles in april 2007.... the car now has 39,200 on it.
I would use the maintenance intervals in the owner's manual as your guide. (If you don't have an owner's manual, you can buy one here.)

For example, the timing belt is recommended for every 90,000 miles or 6 years, whichever comes first. So if the "belts" done in April 2007 included the timing belt, according to that schedule it would be due again in April 2013 (unless you can put 66,000 more miles on it before then :biggrin: ).

All the fluids (brake fluid, coolant, transmission, engine oil) and filters and other items, are specified for intervals of no more than two years or 30K miles. So if those items haven't been done since April 2007, they would be due now (and some would be way overdue).

If you are going to put the car in the garage now and not drive it until spring, you could wait till then to do all the maintenance.

Congrats Greg! Looks like a great find, with low miles and good maintenance. That car was in my geographical backyard and I'd not seen it before. So Virginia loses another NSX (don't think we have that many here....:redface: ), and yes, they bring a lot of attention.

Glad you had a good trip back - that is a long drive - but in the NSX all drives are comfortable, and a good adventure. Cheers! Jay

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=91502&stc=1&d=1352243605

attachment.php

Attachments

• PB050727.jpg
    PB050727.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 945
Enjoy the random visits to your garage to look at it :biggrin:

get a battery tender for winter or yank your battery and trickle it

Fun drive wasn't it ? :smile:

It's amazing how sexy these cars are, all the car has is a set of rims and it looks flawless. Good look and congrats.

random garage visits... I stand like an idiot in the garage and stare at it.. my wife knows right where to find me...In the next week or so I'll take it to my moms for winter storage since she's in florida for the winter.. then I can get back to a "normal life!!! LOL

exhaust is stock....thou I am considering a change in the spring and open to suggestions

nsxtasy.. thanks....

engine oil been changed a zillion times since 15,000 miles

I am searching for the right guy or acura dealer to give this baby the "once over" perhaps at a reduce labor rate...in midwinter... The Porsche dealer used to do that.

Hey.. were do you guy insure your cars?

anybody use GRUNDY? they are quoteing 760.00/year

Beautiful!!! Congrats! :)

Got it just in time for winter. It's a bummer putting the NSX away for the year. You can always go into the garage and check her out. Always brings a smile to my face.

congrats on the purchase nice

how did you liek the way it handles VS porsche

is it night and day with the NSX winning LOL

I still remember my first day of taking possession and driviong 9 hours home with it. Great memories. Congratulations and enjoy it. She is meant for driving and will reward you every mile.

Welcome!

Another NSX into Michigan is always a good thing :biggrin:

Nice post(s). Look forward to meeting you and seeing this beauty.

This makes me wanna go drive my car right now. It's been too long.

Back