• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just picked up my 92 GPW

I am in love. Took it through the local canyon road, and it was everything I imagined it to be. Except the heavy steering, that'll need some getting used to :)

6940181951_4f31765703_b.jpg

6794067946_81a122283e_b.jpg

6940182171_94e46fb432_b.jpg

I actually had the best day of my life today. I bought my dream car, and my product got written up on Techcrunch: http://techcrunch.com/2012/02/28/so...-iphone-4-amplifier-dock-youll-actually-want/

Really looking forward to being part of NSXPrime!

Colin

pretty dope product indeed how much for 20% of the company lol

grats on the nsx:biggrin:

Last edited:
A lovely car.
Congratulations.

Thanks everyone!

Congrats
Is this the car from Newport area that has the bbs LM on ?

Zaid

Yep that's the car.

Here's the story, which I wrote for another forum I frequent.

The NSX has literally been my dream car ever since I remember liking cars (which is a long long time).

I'm always looking for clean examples, and a couple of weeks ago I came across one that suited me perfectly.

White 92 coupe, 5spd, 195k mi (yeah, a lot, but engines can be rebuilt), 1 owner, immaculate service records. $22k

I went in with a cautious eye because it seemed too good to be true. But it wasn't.

I met the owners at the shop where they take all of their cars, as it was getting ready for an inspection because there were other interested parties. I talked to the shop owner, and he informed me the couple takes immaculate care of their cars. And it showed.

While I was at the shop I was able to take a look at the undercarriage, perfectly straight, no signs of repair. Car was unmodded except for BBS LMs, and overall the car was in excellent condition. A few knicks and whatnot here and there, but damn, it's a 20 year old car, what do you expect?

So the story is, the owner was a self made machinist (ironic, because I am too) who bought the car new in his heyday. Back in 2006 he had a stroke which mostly paralyzed him. He can't speak, and can only really gesture. When I told him that I was going to buy it and assured him I am the perfect owner for his car, he started to cry. It was quite emotional, but I am happy to know that I am one of the best people this car could ever go to, and that the car possesses so many happy memories. It was fun talking to his wife about their days charging through Malibu on NSX rallies. The car has been driven, but immaculately maintained, which is exactly how I feel cars should be.

The couple (and their filipino helper) were amazingly nice and good people. It was one of the best and easiest transactions I have ever experienced. It's weird to say it, but the whole thing seemed serendipitous. I found the perfect car, had the money to buy it, and the people I bought it from were amazing. A++++ would buy again.

Jealous! Gpw and it came with bbs lm's.:tongue:

What will be your first mod?

Congrats.

My mod path is going to be very slow with high quality components. I'm actually going to drive it stock for a long while so I can really get a feel for the dynamics of the car. First thing will be a set of high quality coilovers.

I'm always looking for clean examples, and a couple of weeks ago I came across one that suited me perfectly.

My mod path is going to be very slow with high quality components. I'm actually going to drive it stock for a long while so I can really get a feel for the dynamics of the car. First thing will be a set of high quality coilovers.

:D Good taste my friend. Welcome to the community.

thats a great story! I would have loved to purchase this car.
congrats on the gpw

Absolutely beautiful cars, Lovin' that 5th gen too. I had a eucalyptus green '97 but always was a sucker for white...having the NSX to match is just the icing on the cake :biggrin:

Thanks everyone, I really do feel honored to be part of the club :)

Absolutely beautiful cars, Lovin' that 5th gen too. I had a eucalyptus green '97 but always was a sucker for white...having the NSX to match is just the icing on the cake :biggrin:

Thanks man! Yeah, I love white cars haha. It's interesting to see that a lot of NSX owners previously had Preludes. Good taste in cars :)

Wow I almost bought that nsx, good to see it went to a good owner:smile:

Glad you didn't pick it up!

I'm curious, did it seem scammy to you? I was wondering why/how such a great example of an NSX could go unpurchased for a month. Because I could totally see if it did seem like a scam. When you call, the person you're dealing with is the man's assistant who has very accented English and says he's selling the car for his boss. That made me leery, but once I met them, all my suspicions went out the window.

" Glad you didn't pick it up!I'm curious, did it seem scammy to you? I was wondering why/how such a great example of an NSX could go unpurchased for a month. Because I could totally see if it did seem like a scam. When you call, the person you're dealing with is the man's assistant who has very accented English and says he's selling the car for his boss. That made me leery, but once I met them, all my suspicions went out the window."

Yeah it seemed a little to good to be true to me, but I actually never called I asked for the vin and did a carfax and didnt contact them after that. Looks good though!

Back