• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kansas City "Drive in the Country" Cruise - October 29th

Hey everyone! My name is Pete, and I don't own an NSX (someday soon hopefully :)), but I met a couple of you at the KC Cruise on the 24th... (finally found an email that I can use to register :D) Thought you guys might be interested in coming to a cruise that the local Z Club is hosting on October 29th.

Mark your calendars for Sunday, October 29th. The local Heart of America Z Car Club will be hosting a "Drive in the Country" Cruise on the 29th. It is not exclusive to Z cars. We will be sending out invites to the local NICO (Nissan / Infiniti Car Owners) Club, the painfully inactive KC MR2 Club (hint hint), the local NSX Club (that's you :D), RX-7 Club, and possibly the Bimmer Club & Porsche Club. We're hoping for a large tunout of all kinds of sports cars!

That is also the first day back on Standard time - turn your clocks BACK one hour on Saturday night the 28th of October. More info to follow after the route has been driven (to be accomplished this Sunday). Once this is done, the meeting place and time will be posted. The route should involve plenty of twisties, and possibly a tour of an old, closed racetrack (if we are allowed access to it). It should be a great time!

Hope to see you all there!!

Sounds like fun. A buddy of mine from out of town has a Z so I'll see if he can make it too.

That sounds like a great time!! I unfortunately will not be able to attend:mad:. I will be going to the Chiefs/Seahawks game. If I sell the tickets, my wife and mother-in-law will throw me in the trash!! Enjoy the run!!:biggrin:

John
'91 Red/Ivory

Last edited:
Well, we didn't get a chance to drive the route Sunday, but we are definately taking a spin next week. We have, however, decided on a meeting spot.

We will be meeting at Red Robin @ 40 hwy & 291 in Independence. We should be meeting in the AM when Red Robin is still closed, so we should have plenty of parking space for what hopefully turns out to be a good meet.

Welp, we drove the route over the weekend and it needs a little revision, but for the most part, seemed to be very fun! It's turning out be a nice lil meet--I hear a couple MR2s, IS300s, and an FD RX-7 should be coming in from Omaha, NE, we should have a few local MR2s and Z cars, not to mention a couple NSXs from this forum. :) Should also have a few nice BMW M3s, a very nice local FD RX-7, and possibly a C6 Z06 or 911 C4S (guy owns both. Dunno which he's bringin). Also threw out an invite to local Vipers and Elises, so hopefully we should have even more people!

Hope to see some more NSXs come out!

Just checked with my Z friend and he said his car is sick so he can't make it.

I'm going to try and make it if I'm in town... there's a chance I could be out that weekend.

Hey Pete, I know you said Red Robin on the 29th, but what time? I would suggest at least by 9 AM. Much later and traffic gets a little more congested. For those who don't know, Red Robin is right next door to Panera Bread where we usually meet. Gary.:biggrin:

Zipy said:
Hey Pete, I know you said Red Robin on the 29th, but what time? I would suggest at least by 9 AM. Much later and traffic gets a little more congested. For those who don't know, Red Robin is right next door to Panera Bread where we usually meet. Gary.:biggrin:

We'll be meeting up around 9am and departing promptly at 9:30. Bring two-way radios if you have them! I'll see everyone there... For those who don't know, I'll be driving a pearl white, fireball shooting, and sneezing 300ZX Twin Turbo. :)

Bump.

Any other NSXs other than Gary coming for sure? I know Squid is a maybe, and I talked to EventHorizon's brother at the Buffalo Run and he seemed to be interested... Didn't get the chance to talk to the owner of the purple CTSC NSX w/Volk wheels and NSX-R wing at the Buffalo Run, though (sorry! Couldn't remember your name)

My pops and I will be driving the revised route tomorrow morning, but just to let everyone know, the drive will be approx 3 hours. We will stop for lunch at either Paddy O Quigleys or one of the many restaurants in Independence--we'll probably make a lunch decision tomorrow.

Anywho, if any of you NSX guys have friends w/other sports cars that may be interested in attending, feel free to invite them. As I said before, we should have quite the field.. Seems like most of the Japanese sports cars will be represented as I've heard some Z's, MR2s, an RX-7, a Supra, and some NSXs will be there. Possibly should be a Corvette or two there as well (C5 Z06 and C6 Z06, unless the guy w/the C6 decides to bring his 911 C4S).

I'm going to try and make it if the weather holds up and I don't leave town on Friday.

Would like to get one more run in before winter hits. :cool:

Oh, and enigma, I'm a huge fan of white sport vehicles so I'm sure if I spend a few minutes around your Z I'm going to want to buy it :(

I hope the weather is good, if so I will be there with a Big Appetite
Gary, looking forward to seeing that Wing!:wink:

Well, we drove the new route today, and I must say, it's shaping up to be a nice cruise! There's plenty of twisties, a few short highway spurts if anyone wants to get some runs in :), and lots of nice scenery to view along the way. Should be a fun little route! It will be run rain or shine, as I'm sure you guys know, but if you're anything like me, I know I won't see any NSXs if it rains. :( I know I personally will be in my daily driver Toyota MR2 if it rains... the Z will be at home hibernating in the garage. :)

The drive time today was just about 3 hours even, though we got stuck behind a few slow movers from time to time, and we will be stopping for a 20-30 minute photo op at Lake Jacomo near the end of the cruise (there's a nice little shelter-type parking lot that has the lake in the background... could be a nice place for pics).

As far as lunch is concerned, it looks like we'll be eating at Zarda BBQ on 7 Highway in Blue Springs. Directions for the entire drive including directions to Zarda will be provided at the starting line. We will not be catering for the event, so everyone will have to order their own food and find a seat at Zarda. We're hoping the back room is free that day, and we will all sit back there as a group--we were going to reserve the back room in advance, but it is $25 to hold the room, and with no sure idea of how many cars will be in attendance and how many people will want to have lunch, neither my dad or I wanted to front the cash out of our own pocket to hold the room.

Anywho, it should be a good route and I hope you guys have a lot of fun when we see ya in a week! Let's hope mother nature is nice to us! :) I personally hope to see a lot of NSXs come out for this... They just so happen to be one of my favorite cars ever produced. :)

Squid-- lol, sounds good pal. I'm the same way about NSXs, so maybe we can switch for a while! ;)

V TACH said:
sounds like a pretty good time--I'll try my best to be there!

Wow, in the 355? If so, I have to absolutly beg you for a ride!!

Were you at the Buffalo Run? I remember seeing a black 355 that seemed to be louder than the other blue 355 that was there... Figured maybe it was you w/the Tubi. If so, very very nice car!

Last edited:
They just said 76 degrees and sunny on Sunday :cool:

enigma said:
Ya. :) I can't wait... I'll prob take my t-tops off for the last time this year! Warm enough for the tires to stick and cool enough for my turbos to sing a sweet symphony. :D

I guess i can take the top off too. As for the turbo singing a sweet symphony all i have here is the single whinning from the Supercharger

rasir_x said:
I guess i can take the top off too. As for the turbo singing a sweet symphony all i have here is the single whinning from the Supercharger

I've been wanting to see you get on it since I met you guys at that lil NSX meet you had in Sept... I absolutely f'ing love your NSX. Saw it up at the Buffalo Run as well... looked good up there too!

I am planning on making it out in the turbo. Need to get new brake pads first, or everyone give me plenty of stopping room :smile:

The Buffalo run did them in..... hard to keep up with the F355, not to hard to outsmart them....

eventhorizon said:
I am planning on making it out in the turbo. Need to get new brake pads first, or everyone give me plenty of stopping room :smile:

The Buffalo run did them in..... hard to keep up with the F355, not to hard to outsmart them....

Very cool. Is Nic gonna be comin w/ya again? Haven't seen ya out at autoX lately either!

Back