• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KANSAS CITY - Sports Car Cruise - August 21st

Alright folks, let's do this. We've gone all year without a single cruise... Abe and I were chatting last night and a ton of people have asked me when something like this would be happening again, so I've decided it's time.

DUE TO AUTOCROSS DATE CONFLICTS, August 28th, it'll be time to cruise through some good 'ol country back roads.

For those who have never been before... here's the standard issue post:

WHERE: Red Robin
18810 E US Highway 40
Independence, MO 64055

WHEN: AUGUST 28TH, 2011! Meeting around 9:30AM, departing around 10:00AM.

WHAT: A spirited drive in the country. Lots of twisties, a few straights, and a ton of fun. The drive should take approximately 3 hours, followed by lunch afterwards (Location TBD).

WHO: Hosted by the KC Z Club again as in the past, but invites have gone out all ranges of cars; from Z cars to NSXs to S2000s. Expect all kinds of makes and models. I personally will be driving my RX-7. While this is expected to be primarily Japanese models, all makes and models are welcome to join.

Join us for first official KC Z Club Cruise of the year! Several people have been asking me when we were going to put on our next cruise, and that time is finally here. We will likely be leaving in multiple groups as the turnout is typically pretty heavy for this event. We always encourage everyone to drive safely and please refrain from driving outside of your own comfort zone. This is not a race, and while it is a rather "spirited" drive, it should be expected that excessive speeding is generally frowned upon. While I organize this event, myself or KCZ will in no way be held responsible for YOUR actions. Drive safely.

WHAT TO BRING:
A navigator, if possible! Printed directions will be provided at the start, so having a navigator is HIGHLY recommended, but not 100% necessary.

Two-way radio

Full tank of gas (The cruise is approximately 130 miles or so, pending route revision) - There are few gas stations along the way, but there is a QuikTrip right across the street from the starting point.

We'll see everyone there!

-Pete w/KC Z

Last edited:
Thanks for the reschedule, I'm in Maine right now. I will be able to make the new date though! Can you say highs in the low 70's and lows in the 50's? I see today its going to be 99 in KC. :rolleyes::rolleyes:Not so sure I'll be glad to be back.

Good drive! No wrecks, no tickets,great weather and roads!:biggrin:

A great ride!! From one Pete to another, thanks for putting this together. I know you put some time in searching routes and setting things up. I appreciate what you do for the rest of us.

Pete

Thanks for the kind words Pete! It's always fun planning the route, but more importantly, it's fun to drive it! This cruise served as a fantastic going away present to myself to say farewell to the RX-7... I feel like I'm getting rid of it too soon, but having already accepted a deposit, I guess it's too late for me to change my mind. :(

Pics from today's meet will be posted shortly!

Back