• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Katies This Saturday?

My car interior is not yet back together but I am anxious to get out and meet some other drivers, reconnect with the community. Katie's this Saturday?
Yeah, I know it's Easter weekend, but I thought I would ask, anyway.
Michael

Last edited:
I believe Combatdad is planning on going based on his post here.

I am sort of thinking about it as well, I haven't ever been and figure this weekend may be a good time to see what it is all about.

I have never been either.
Let's make it a newbie convention :biggrin:
Michael

What time you thinking of being there? I hear it is an EARLY event, as in be there at 7AMish. I will be waking my neighbors for sure pulling out of the driveway that early :p

Its about a 20 min drive for me, so I could probably be there at 7

What time you thinking of being there? I hear it is an EARLY event, as in be there at 7AMish. I will be waking my neighbors for sure pulling out of the driveway that early :p

Its about a 20 min drive for me, so I could probably be there at 7

If combatdad comes and he stops here (my house), it will depend on when he arrives. If he goes direct, I am aiming for 7:00.

I try to get there right at 7:00 a.m. Most arrive that early. I take Rt 66 to North 7100. Probably best to just meet at Katie's.

If I can manage to get up and moving that early on a Saturday morning, I'll try my best to be there around 7AM. However, I'd consider the likeliness of me making it slim/doubtful. :)

If I can manage to get up and moving that early on a Saturday morning, I'll try my best to be there around 7AM. However, I'd consider the likeliness of me making it slim/doubtful. :)

I get up at 5...what's your phone number? :tongue:

I get up at 5...what's your phone number? :tongue:

HA!

I'm actually a no go for tomorrow. Wife and I have another commitment later that morning and I don't want to be pressed for time going back and forth.

I will most likely be at the Cars and Coffee that happens at the Kohls parking lot by Starbucks in Fair Lakes though. That's around 8-9am on Sundays. Much smaller, still growing, but not nearly as early and far for me. :)

See you around 7. If it works, we should maybe try to park all 3 together?

Darned right we should! I'll be looking for you.
Combatdad is going direct so we will all have to hook up.
:biggrin:

For those of you who missed it, another great morning at Katie's. What an astounding collection of cars! Great seeing you again Michael...and meeting you Dan. Hope to get together in the near future. I'll look at some dates for a Skyline Drive cruise...and see what we can do about a visit to Ferrari of Washington.

Agreed, very impressive showing of cars there. Was great to see the green sparkle in the sun (when the sun finally showed up!).

I was at an event today from 1-5pm, based on conversations I had there, sounds like Katie's was a HUGE turnout. :)

Katie's, for those who have never been, was an amazing first time event for me. Never mind that there were three NSXs (Dan and David, plus my own)that were appreciated, there was a wide array of domestic muscle on steroids, foreign exotics, and just plain cool cars. I had no idea that there were so many $100K- $400+K cars in the area that would come out to a coffee shop meet.
I think that we should plan a larger presence at some future Katie's meet; a show of force if you will. The Corvettes and Ferraris ain't got nuthin' on us! Does anyone have an idea for some theme item that we could have: NSXCA or NoVA NSX garb or the like?
Anyway, with the wife taking Tai Chi every Saturday morning, I am up for it most any Saturday. Any suggestions for a date?

About 10 minutes down the road from my house I realized I had forgotten my camera. Really wish I had brought it now :(

It is an event well worth going to, if you want a decent parking spot though (ie. spot to showcase your car), I'd say arrive between 6:30-6:45AM. If you just want to go and have a look at the other cars though, 7:30-8 seemed about peak display time for the most cars.

I still find it amazing how many non-NSX owners know and appreciate the NSX. We certainly owe it to the automotive community to display our "treasures". I'm tied up for the next two weekends but should be able to get back to Katie's on 28 Apr...

Back