• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KC Cruise to Premier Motorsports in Springfield

OK guys, there has been talk of this event for the last couple of years now. It is finally going to happen! Premier Motorsports has invited exotics from several different surrounding areas: KC, St Louis, Oklahoma, and ? We will caravan to Springfield on Sat. Sept. 29 with the Viper/Ferrari group. Premier is going to have a barbeque for us and ? There will be a cruise in the surrounding Springfield area. Talk of maybe attending a Branson show. And breakfast at Bass Pro Sun. morning. Yes, good lord , a two day event! Details are currently sketchy, but the dates are set. Jerry Dobson will, I hope, soon be posting all the details. This is all I know right now but it looks to be a good sized event. Gary

Gary,
Sounds like a good time--count me in! I hope others join in as well. As the date gets closer, we should all pick a location and time and drive up together!
Vivek

Sounds great! A friend just asked me about september 28th or 29th for some other event but I'll see if we can't tie this in as well. He would love to see all the cars and would make for an awesome road trip!

Count me in for now!!!

Greetings!

For those who don't know, we are joining forces with all sports car clubs in September. We are joining our Viper friends from the Gateway St. Louis, Mid-South Arkansas, and Oklahoma clubs for a rendezvous in Springfield, Missouri on Saturday, September 29-30, 2007. It would be nice to see lots of NSXs attend. We are all meeting at Premier Sports Cars of Springfield on Saturday (late morning). For those not familiar with Premier, they have been a good friend for a number of years. Premier's website is http://www.premiercars.com/. As you can see, they currently have BMWs, Ferraris, Porsches, Ford GT, Aston Martin, NSX, and Vipers in stock.

Premier has agreed to host our meeting and will have a BBQ lunch for us all. They will provide us a tour of their facility and show us their inventory of exotic cars. That afternoon we will likely take a cruise--possibly down to Branson (still working on the precise details). And, if we can arrange parking, we may plan to catch a show in Branson as a group. We plan to stay at the University Plaza Hotel in Springfield on Saturday night, and plan to have covered parking and security for the cars. On Sunday morning, we will head to Bass Pro Shop for brunch at Hemingway's restaurant, and head home Sunday afternoon.

The details are still being tweaked, but this will be lots of fun. We plan to drive down as a group--as will the other clubs from their respective locations.

For now, PLEASE post if you plan on attending. I will need a head count later.

Jerry Dobson

Count me in.:) Jerry, thanks for the invite! Let us know what we (NSX Group) can do to help with planning.

Robert

Jerry,

Obviously I will not be in the caravan, but will plan to attend. My parents live in Spfd, so I'll stay with them. Brunch at Bass Pro sounds good. Hopefully there will be parking for us. That place is a madhouse.

Shaun

Count me and a friend in.

Let me know what kind of rate UP Springfield is giving you.... they are a client of mine and perhaps I can get them to discount the rooms a bit more, depending on their capacity.

I don't know if Jerry is negociating a discount for us or not. More than likely. But see what you can come up with James. I got on their website and the best I could find was $124/nite, $142.92 total price. Thanks, Gary.

I'll be tentative on this one. I'd like to go but have been really busy trying to get the new michigan stadium finished.

I will keep you guys posted. I think the caravan driving down will be BIG, lots of cars.

Tim is working on the hotel. I will ask him what our rates are and go from there.

Jerry

Sounds like a great time, I plan to attend.

I am hopeful that I can attend as well. I am in the middle of moving both at work and at home and could use something like this after everything is transitioned over. Thanks.

John
'91 Red/Ivory

Hey all,

I live in Springfield and am excited to join the rally. I know the gang at premier, in fact I had them represent me, transport and prepare my 97 nsx from Naples.

I also own a couple restaurants in Springfield, one is in the downtown area and would like to host an event if you are interested. See at millescafe.com

Let me know @ [email protected]

I can also call Chris, Mike and Mary at Premier for info

Have rates been established for the hotel? I looked at the hotel web site and looks like lowest is 135 plus tax. Squid, what rates can you get? I have not seen much information in awhile on this drive, so to the top!:wink:

Jerry just posted over on Ferrari Chat and due to the fact that he cannot get an accurate head count we will probably have to get our own deal at the University Plaza Hotel. James, can you come thru for us? Gary.

Ok guys, it's a little tricky... I guess Premiere Motorsports didn't want to set a block of rooms for the show so it is up to each individual car club. Another club has bought a block of rooms and they are getting a $96/night (+ tax) room rate. Current normal rate is $124-134.

We would have to come up with 15 room nights to be able to qualify for the $96 rate on our own. Unless we join up with some of the other clubs.

Confusing I know... can we get 15 room nights put together if we all go in as one club? I'll count my room towards the club to help get us closer to 15 room nights if that helps.

Here is the contact information of David, who handles the car clubs if you want to contact him directly:

David Rowden, sales manager. His number is 417-522-1151.

Sounds like fun, and a first for me. I'm down for this!

SPRINGFIELD MO WEEKEND
September 29-30, 2007

Each club can plan their own to/from cruise details. Dress code for all weekend activities is casual. This is a free no cost event. Charges apply for the hotel and dinner/show.

Saturday 11:00 am
*All clubs arrive at Premier Sports Cars. Maps and itineraries will be handed out upon arrival.
*Tour Premier facility and view their exotic car inventory.
*Lunch provided courtesy of Premier Sports Cars.

Saturday 2:00 pm
*Depart Premier Sports Cars for a special scenic cruise designed by Premier.
*Each car will have a map of cruise route.

Saturday 3:30 pm
*Arrive at University Plaza Hotel for check-in.

EACH PERSON MUST CALL 1-417-864-7333 TO RESERVE THEIR OWN ROOM BY THURSDAY, AUGUST 30 TO RECEIVE DISCOUNTED RATE.

Mention you are with the Viper Club and get $96 rate (good for king or 2 double beds). Regular price is $134. You can also get a King Suite for $134.

SECURED PARKING will be in the public garage located across the street from the hotel. Security will be on-site to stay with our cars.

Saturday 5:00 pm
*Depart hotel parking garage to cruise to Branson, MO for dinner & show at the Dixie Stampede! This is one of the best dinner show attractions in Branson!

TO RESERVE YOUR DINNER/SHOW TICKETS... EMAIL TIM WOLLESEN AT: [email protected] and provide names and number of show tickets needed. We have reserved a block of seats, which allows us to all sit together and receive a special discounted price! In order to do this, we must pay for all tickets with 1 check.
So please email Tim to make your reservation and then MAIL your check payable to Tim Wollesen at: 18765 West 170th Terrace Olathe, KS 66062 by September 7. Dinner/Show tickets are $41 per person. Regular price is $53.
This price includes Pre-Show starting at 7:00pm, Dinner & Main Show starting at 8pm.
SECURED PARKING will be waiting for us in the back of theatre. We’ve hired 2 off-duty Branson Police officers to stay with our cars. Our goal is to have all cars parked by 6:30pm. NOTE: enter/exit the Dixie Stampede parking lot at an angle to ensure nose clearance.
Traffic will be heavy through the Branson area and it’s likely cars may get separated. Each car will have map of route.

Saturday 9:45 pm
*Depart Dixie Stampede to drive back to University Plaza Hotel.

Made the reservations tonight and mailed the check to Tim. Gary:biggrin:

Booking my room and emailing/paying Tim today. I'm bringing a friend along who can hopefully video and/or take pics during the drive(s).

is anyone going to meet up for the drive down? i'd like to do that, i live in wichita kansas

Back