• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KC Cruise to Premier Motorsports in Springfield

is anyone going to meet up for the drive down? i'd like to do that, i live in wichita kansas

We most definitely should try and meet up and caravan down! At least as the NSX group but I think all the KC people should try and meet up.

Feel free to say "I am with the Viper Club" to get the $96 rate. You guys are part of the family on this one.

The Viper Club will pick up all the charges for the off duty Police Officer security. We have officers on duty at the hotel and at the evening show.

We will ALL leave Kansas City together. We can connect with other groups as we head south. I don't have the details yet....but most likely we will be heading down 71 Highway....we could all meet at 71 and 58 hwy in Belton?

Jerry

Jerry -- that is awesome, thanks! Keep us posted on the when and where for the caravan. This is going to be a great way to end the driving season!

In other news, I installed my HID Xenon 6000K lights tonight in the NSX and it makes a total difference! I know I hated driving at night because the lamps were so dim and I'd have to run with brights but even that wasn't a clear light so it was scary down the backroads at night.

But with these, very clear, bright white, wide and far field of vision and looks fantastic. And it's not that blue/purple light that can look a little "ricey."

old vs new comparison photo:
headlights.jpg

I recommend this upgrade to any NA1 NSX owner as it is probably one of the cheapest and best mods/upgrades I've done to date. If you haven't done this update and want to but need help, let me know and I'll help with the install. It's pretty simple though.

Squid 2004 i Recomened it also i completed that look a while back for only $150 shipped direct plug and play. i'm running the 8000k. I'll go to the 10k or 12K when i do my Procar 2002 NA2RR frontend conversion. I hope i can make it out if not i may just come out for the day and head back later that same day.

I made my reservation with the hotel today and will be sending Tim the money for the show tomorrow. This is just what I need after such a busy summer!! :eek: :eek: . Thanks.

John
'91 Red/Ivory

Sounds like fun, and a first for me. I'm down for this!

If you are going down 71, I think that goes right by Lamar, Mo. 160 HWY from there into Sprinfield provides some twisties as you get closer to SPFD.

Just a thought for a meet up if Eclipsed (or others from Wichita) want to join the caravan.

Shaun

Hey my fellow NSXers, I guess I will be the lone NSX representing St. Louis.
I have a lot of balls up in the air and didn't know if I was going to make it or not. I just made my reservation at the hotel and was fortunate enough to still get the $96.- rate.

I bought my car from some kid that worked at a Mazda/RV dealership called Reliable Imports along a highway in Springfield in early October of '03. I lucked out getting a great car, because this kid told me very little truth. I know somewhere along the line a dealership called Team Motorsports had something to do with it.

Anyway, I am looking forward to going for a blast and meeting some new NSX guys and seeing your cars. My wife will be with me also. Time for her to get away too. So I guess I will see you at Premier!
Lawrence

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

Are there any plans on a meeting place in the KC area on Saturday morning on 09/29? This way we can drive down to Springfield as a group. If there is anything in the works, please let us know. Thanks.

John
'91 Red/Ivory

Just a feeler. Which would you guys prefer to do, join up with Jerry's group to drive down or do our own caravan to Springfield? I'm not sure how big his group is going to be or how "speedy". I'll email Jerry and see what he knows so far. Gary

I hope you guys drive down with us. I think we will leave from the Belton Mo area right off of 71 Hwy.

I was at the Crescent Classic in Arkansas all weekend with the Ferrari Club. I talked to Chris Courtney the owner of Premier Motorcars. He is excited about the event.

There is no RSVP required. All sports cars are welcome.

Many of the members are heading to Branson in the evening. Remember, we will have police officers watching the cars in Branson and the Hotel.

I may meet up with everyone in Belton maybe. I have to be in tulsa for a car show and race propaganda/networking on sunday.

I say we all meet up as a group as much as possible. I want to get some good photos and maybe video. The drive down will be fantastic with all those cars!

Holy Cow I'm on the wrong weekend! :eek: Too much here at work i guess. I may go down with everyone that weekend. I thought it was this weekend.

Holy Cow I'm on the wrong weekend! :eek: Too much here at work i guess. I may go down with everyone that weekend. I thought it was this weekend.
Ahahah I do that all the time! Awesome - it's going to be a great weekend!

I have a friend who has never been on one of these runs coming with. He has a Nissan 300Z TT that is in the shop (has been for a while) so he's really itching to see and hear all the cars.

I just wanted to give you a little update and to let you know we will be sending out an email next Wednesday with the final details as we get on top of the event.

Our good friends at Premier are ready for us to converge on their facility in full force.

* We have over 75 people that have confirmed attending all or some of the events.

* We have 50 + cars that we know of and expect that to grow as there are some coming just for the day and have not sent any notification.

*We have 60 people going to the Dixie Show.

*We have a couple Vette's, NXS, Lambo's, Ferraris and a Lotus joining us.

*Viper Magazine is coming to join us for the weekend.

*Security is all in place for all parking area's.
*We will have 3 off duty Springfield Police Officers taking shifts to be with our cars while parked in the garage at the hotel from 3pm Saturday until 9am Sunday.

*We will have 2 off duty Branson Police Officers be with the cars while we are at the Dixie show from 6pm until 10pm Saturday night.

*We will have 2 off duty Springfield Police Officers with the cars while we are in the Bass Pro Shops Hemmingways Restaurant for brunch Sunday from 9am until 2pm.

*All Security compliments of the Kansas City Viper Club.

* Premier is also having an officer on their grounds while we are at their facility on Saturday!
(thank you to Premier for suppling security at their facility)

*We are waiting to send out final details until next Wednesday because of some const. that is either in progress or planned and Premier is going to check with MO DOT next week to see if certain ramps are going to be closed. Please don't be alarmed about driving through const. because there are plenty of routes we can take, we just want to confirm before we send out the maps and the roads be closed when we get there.

Start planning your travel time to be at Premier by 11:00 am Saturday morning. Just an added note, please have your gas tanks topped off when you get to Premier as we will be leaving from their facility to go on the scenic cruise they are planning and also heading to Branson that night.

As of today, we are planning on leaving from Gail's Harley Davidson in Belton (71 Hwy) at 7:45AM.

Jerry Dobson

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Saturday All clubs arrive at Premier Sports Cars.

11:00 am • Tour Premier facility and view their exotic car inventory.

Visit with other Club members.

Lunch provided courtesy of Premier Sports Cars.

Saturday Depart Premier Sports Cars for a special scenic cruise designed by Premier.

2:00 pm Each car will be given a map of cruise route upon arrival at Premier.

Saturday Arrive at University Plaza Hotel for check-in. (Hotel directions attached).

3:30 pm SECURED PARKING will be on the 4th floor of the the public garage, located across the street from the hotel from 3pm Saturday through 9am Sunday morning.

Saturday Depart hotel parking garage together to cruise to Branson, MO for dinner & show at the

5:00 pm Dixie Stampede! (Directions attached).

Pre-Show starts at 7:00pm, Dinner & Main Show starts at 8pm.

The Dixie will have SECURED PARKING waiting for us in the back of the theatre. There will be two, off-duty Branson Police officers staying with our cars from 6-10pm. Our goal is to have all cars parked by 6:30pm.

NOTE: enter/exit the Dixie Stampede parking lot at an angle to ensure nose clearance. Traffic will be heavy through the Branson area and it’s likely cars may get separated.

Our group will need to gather OUTSIDE the front entrance and Tim Wollesen will go inside and pick up all of our tickets and then come out and distribute them.

Saturday
Depart Dixie Stampede to drive back to University Plaza Hotel. Traffic will be heavy this

9:45 pm
time of the evening so it’s likely the group will get separated.

approx.
NOTE: We will need to turn left out of the Dixie parking lot and cross through traffic.

Sunday Check-out & Depart hotel together for Bass Pro Shop. (Directions attached).

9:00 am SECURED parking located in Southwest corner behind Bass Pro Shop from 9am - 2pm.

Sunday Brunch at Hemmingway’s Restaurant inside Bass Pro Shop (upstairs, 2nd floor).
10:00 pm Reserved indoor patio
Brunch is $12.99 per person. Pay upon leaving.

AFTER Free to explore the largest Bass Pro Shop in the United States with LOTS to see! BRUNCH

Optional: Combo tickets available to view both of the following exhibits for $11.50 per person:

Wonders of Wild Life (live animal exhibit)

National Fish & Wild Life Museum

Each club can plan their own departure details.

CONTACT INFO:

Premier Sports Cars
1950 East Chestnut Expressway Springfield, MO 65802 www.premiercars.com 1-417-831-6065

No charge. Lunch provided by Premier.

Dixie Stampede
1525 West Hwy 76 Branson, MO 65616 1 mile west of Hwy 65 on the strip

Pre-Show, Dinner & Main Show: $41

University Plaza Hotel

333 John Q Hammons Parkway Springfield, MO 65806 1-417-864-7333

Bass Pro Shop

1935 S. Campbell Springfield, MO 65616 1-417-243-5200

No charge for admission into store. Brunch at Hemmingways: $12.99 per person. Optional Wildlife Exhibits Combo Ticket: $11.50

A special thank you to Premier Sports Cars for their continued support of the Club and for hosting such a great event!
DIRECTIONS FROM KANSAS CITY TO PREMIER SPORTS CARS
1950 East Chestnut Expressway • Springfield, MO 65802 • 417-831-6065

Saturday, Sept. 29th

Meet at 7:45 am at Gails Harley Davidson in Grandview, MO. DEPART FOR PREMIER PROMPTLY AT 8:00 am

Gails Harley Davidson address: 5900 East 150 Hwy, Grandview, MO. 64030
(Located on the N.E. corner of 71 Hwy and 150 Hwy.)

Suggestion: People that want to drive more aggressively should depart from Gails first.

Drive South on 71 Hwy. towards Harrisonville, MO.

On the South side of Harrisonville take Hwy 7 East towards Clinton, Mo. - (Approx. 37 miles).

Once in Clinton, drive through town and then proceed straight South on Hwy 13 towards Springfield, MO -(Approx. 86 miles).

Once in Springfield, go East on I-44 for 2.3 miles then turn right or South onto Glenstone.

Travel 1.6 miles and on the left is a Quik Trip and Cody’s gas station. The parking lots are tied together so drivers can split up to get tanks topped off before arriving at Premier. Between the 2 gas stations there are approximately 20 pumps.

AFTER GAS TANKS ARE FULL:
Turn left or South onto Glenstone.

Stay in the left hand lane and turn left or East onto Chestnut Expressway which will be at a stoplight.

Drive approx. 1/4 mile and Premier Sports cars will be on the right hand or South side of the road.

Remember, Premier is in a small strip mall so do not look for big car lot signs. They have their name above the door and you should see a couple of vipers out in front. Park in strip mall parking lot.

DIRECTIONS FROM PREMIER SPORTS CARS TO UNIVERSITY PLAZA HOTEL
333 John Q. Hammons Parkway • Springfield, MO 65806 • 417-864-7333

Review notes at bottom of page before departing, to plan accordingly.

FROM PREMIER:
Turn left or West onto Chestnut Expressway.

Go .9 miles on Chestnut Expressway to stop light of National.

Go left or South on National for .4 miles to stoplight of St. Louis Street.

Go right or West on St. Louis Street .4 miles to parking garage located on the right or North side of the road. (The parking garage is 1 building West of the tall, dark gray building marked Hammons Tower.)

All cars need to park together on the 4th floor for the secured parking we have hired. Anyone that does not park on the 4th floor is parking at their own risk.

Be prepared to possibly pay a $3 parking fee if someone is working the gate when you arrive.

NOTES:
* The walk from the parking garage to the hotel lobby is about 100 yards straight South.

If you would like to check into the hotel before going to the garage, turn left or South on John Q. Hammons drive from St. Louis Street (stop light) and then turn right at the first entrance on your right into the hotel. I suggest leaving from that same entrance, even though it says “entrance only”, because it is more Viper friendly than the actual exit.

The hotel has a big, open lot for those with pickups and trailers.

ONE MORE THING...
Yes, you can leave Premier on Chestnut Expressway and go straight to John Q. Hammons Drive and then got South to the hotel, but this is not suggested! It is NOT Viper friendly as it has a dip and there is also a concrete company which leaves the street a mess with gravel and debris.

DIRECTIONS FROM HOTEL TO DIXIE STAMPEDE IN BRANSON, MO.
1525 West Highway 76 • Branson, MO 65616 ~ 1 mile West of Hwy 65 on the strip. ~

DEPART PARKING GARAGE TOGETHER AT 5:00 pm
Turn left or East out of parking garage onto St. Louis Street.

Go East .4 miles to stoplight of National.

Turn left or North onto National and go .4 miles to stoplight of Chestnut Expressway.

Turn right or East onto Chestnut Expressway.

Proceed East for 2.8 miles and turn right onto ramp to take Hwy 65 South to Branson - (Approx. 39 miles.)

Get off on 76 Country Blvd. exit.

Turn left or West onto 76 Country Blvd. Stay in the left lane because 76 will Y and you will want to keep to the left.

The Dixie Stampede entrance will be 1.3 miles down on the right hand side of the road.

The Dixie has reserved an area in the back of the parking lot for us. We will have 2 off-duty Branson police officers staying with our cars from 6pm - 10pm while we are in the show.

Our group will need to gather OUTSIDE the front entrance and Tim Wollesen will go inside and pick up all of our tickets and then come out and distribute them.

AFTER THE SHOW:
• We will use the same directions to go back to the hotel. Please note that traffic will be heavy and we will more than likely get split up as highway 76 will be busy at this time of night. We will have to cross traffic to turn left to get out of the parking lot.

DIRECTIONS FROM HOTEL TO

BASS PRO SHOP - HEMMINGWAYS RESTAURANT
1935 South Campbell • Springfield, MO 65616 • 417-243-5200

SUNDAY MORNING

Check out and be ready to DEPART PARKING GARAGE TOGETHER AT 9:00 am
Turn left or East onto St. Louis Street.

Go .4 miles to stoplight at National and turn right or South.

Proceed South on National for 1.8 miles to stoplight of Sunshine and turn right or West.

Go West on Sunshine for .9 miles to stoplight of Campbell and turn left or South in front of Bass Pro Shop. Note: we may want to take up both left turn lanes as the light is slow. After we make the left hand turn and get heading South we can let people, in the left lane, back over into the right lane as it will be a right turn into the parking lot.

Go South on Campbell to the 3rd entrance or right past the catalog entrance sign and turn right or West into parking lot. Go all the way back and they will have reserved parking for us. It will look like we are going behind the Bass Pro Shop, but the Hemmingway’s Restaurant entrance is there and it will be up on the 2nd floor.

There will be 2 off-duty Springfield police officers staying with our cars from 9am - 2pm.

After Brunch:
Free to explore the largest Bass Pro Shop in the United States with LOTS to see!

Optional: Combo tickets available to view both of the following exhibits for $11.50 per person:

Wonders of Wild Life (live animal exhibit)

National Fish & Wild Life Museum

Clubs can depart at their convenience. NOTE: Secured parking ends at 2:00 pm.

This is going to be awesome! See you guys Saturday morning!

FYI --

I spoke with Chris the Director of Sales at the hotel this morning and for those who aren't attending the show in Branson, they are having Cage Fights at the Expo Center right there across from the hotel.

Springfield Cage Fights
Doors Open 5pm Event begins 7pm

Promoter: Elite Cage Fights - Floyd Sawyer
Date: Saturday, September 29, 2007 @ 5:00PM
Main Event: Mike Glenn Vs TBA

The time is upon us... are all us NSX guys in?

Can't wait.... I just need to make sure I don't sleep in --- been a long week :redface:

I am in big time!! I am looking forward to this event and seeing everyone and their cars tomorrow. This is going to be a great time!! Hopefully we will not see any rain on Sunday!! :eek:

John
'91 Red/Ivory

All set to go. Hope the rain stays away. Don't forget your 2-way radios. Gary :biggrin:

Back