• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

keyless entry/alarm problem

I am having a problem with my keyless entry self install. I have everything hooked up and the keyless system works... but the security light will not flash if I lock the car with the keyless system. Now if I lock the car with the door button arming the security system and use the keyless to unlock the security system stays armed.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks,

OMEGA

Has the security light worked before? If not, you door panel may have been off at one point (previous owner perhaps) and the connector for the security light wasn't plugged in.

You have encountered a quirk with the keyless entry system. If you lock the car using the inside door lock, your car is physically locked but the keyless entry system thinks it isn't. It doesn't know that you locked the car. When you unlock the car, you'll hear the system work but the door pins (grabs) will not pop up. The system is actually arming itself now. On a second attempt, it will unlock. You must lock the car with the keyless. Then you'll be able to unlock your car on the first try.

I was in the habit of locking my car with the interior door lock and when I got my keyless entry installed, I noticed it required two tries to unlock it. After observing this behavior, I discovered this quirk in the system. I believe Lud posted it to the FAQ.

well i found the problem... security system will not arm with the hood up. everything is fine now.

now i need to change the fuel pump relay... i am afraid to even look at it right now.

91-92 Keyless Entry

I know there are some of you who ight be looking for a 91-92 keyless entry. FYI, there is one for sale on eBay right now.

Not affiliated, blah-blah.

Back