• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Keyless entry

How do you reprogram the keyless entry fob? My 98 NSX's keyless entry is not working. I have changed the battery and the fob does light up when the buttons are pressed, but nothing happens. I've been checking with the local Acura dealer and they believe it just needs to be reprogrammed. I only got 1 fob with the car when I bought it and so I checked on new fobs. $228.60 each. That's insane. I can get a complete new keyless entry kit for not too much more than that and it has 2 fobs and all of the electronic modules. Anyone have a good solution?

On a side note, I've owned this car for about 2.5 months now and have loved every minute. The car is sweet and a pleasure to drive. I just need to get some of the small details ironed out. The original owner only had 1 ignition key and 1 fob. The local parts guy at the Acura dealer has been another issue. He's a real @@!#$ and seems to care less if he can help me. I service all of my own vehicles and have the Helms manual of all of my rides. He doesn't want anything to do with me because I prefer to service the car myself.

ZR-1 NSX said:
The local parts guy at the Acura dealer has been another issue. He's a real @@!#$ and seems to care less if he can help me. I service all of my own vehicles and have the Helms manual of all of my rides. He doesn't want anything to do with me because I prefer to service the car myself.

Join the NSX Club of America and use your club member discount to get great prices and friendly service when buying parts from participating vendors like Niello Acura in California and Goodson Acura in Texas.

Back