• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kids' Day at the Glen - July 20, 2006

Re: Kids' Day at the Glen 2006

Thanks for the clarification Bob, I ask my doctor for advise :eek:

GOTTSPD said:
I'm interested in doing a similar event here in the DC area. I've been in touch w/ the Ronald McDonald House, but haven't gotten very far with my info gathering so far. Did you do this w/ a charity? Tell me about the insurance/liability issues. I need a mentor in putting this together. :)

The event is organized by Trackmasters, the school who is running the HPDE event at the Glen on those days each year. The proceeds are donated to Camp Good Days for the benefit of the kids we take for rides each year. Trackmasters has their own insurance but drivers potentially would have liability except that at touring lap speeds this should not be a concern.

Gottspd- contact Bill at trackmasters.

Dinner Wednesday Night 7/19

For those coming up on Wednesday, we are trying to determine if there is interest in a group dinner at the Red Newt. http://rednewt.com/vm/content/view/63/107/ We should try to get a reservation for around 7:00 to allow time to eat and yet have the track rats get some rest for the following day.

If anyone is interested, please confirm with a post.

Re: Dinner Wednesday Night 7/19

RSO 34 said:
For those coming up on Wednesday, we are trying to determine if there is interest in a group dinner at the Red Newt. http://rednewt.com/vm/content/view/63/107/ We should try to get a reservation for around 7:00 to allow time to eat and yet have the track rats get some rest for the following day.

If anyone is interested, please confirm with a post.
Bob, I'm in for dinner, but no "dogzilla" for me, unless it's the "veggie" version!!!:biggrin:

Bob, I will try to leave early enough to make dinner.

Dinner Rsvp

The restaurant has requested that we provide a fairly accurate head count by next Wednesday 7/12 so please RSVP asap.

They have also informed me that they will be having live acoustic music that night between 7-9 and will be serving a southwestern menu that evening.

dinner rsvp fer sure

we[speedjunkie & i] can do the dindin, we plan on
getting to da lodge at around 4.00pm.

anybody cruising from nw nj/nyc on weds???

I'm going up on Wednesday however I'm not sure what time I will depart the area. It looks like the latest I can get out of work is 4:00PM, I will post back when I know for sure.

It stinks I won't have my new 4.05 gears by then so the long ride up will be 4500RPM + :(

Re: dinner rsvp fer sure

jalnjr said:
we[speedjunkie & i] can do the dindin, we plan on
getting to da lodge at around 4.00pm.

anybody cruising from nw nj/nyc on weds???
Doc Bling, I'll probably be leaving the Westchester area @ 1:00pm, so I guess that I'll start a caravan thread and we can always join the two together!!!:eek:

Just a little "bump" to try to get a final headcount for dinner. So far we have:

1. Pete and Sylvia Mills
2. David and Susan Moore
3. The Don and The Original The Don
4. Roger
5. Jalnjr and guest
6. Dennis
7. me
8. Larry B.
9. Gary Sommer
10. Gene
11. John & Karen & Nicholas
12. DocJohn (definite maybe)

Anyone else? I would like to let the restaurant know by tomorrow (Wed. 7/12) evening.

Last edited:
Bob,

Please count me in for the dinner. I'll be arriving at Longhouse on Wednesday.

Thanks,
Gene

Bob,

I'm happy to say Karen, Nicholas & I will be joining you guys for Dinner. I'm coming up in either a WRX, EVO, or STi so I'll have plenty of room for the family :)

See you guys there!!!

Where is the hotel and what is the name phone#?
Do I need to contact trackmasters or just show up?

A number of us are staying here: http://www.longhouselodge.com/

You should be able just to show up that day but if you think you are coming for part of Wednesday you need to be on a guest list. Also, if you are going to be coming to dinner on Wednesday night I need to know that as well.

It is with great regret that Josh and I will not be attending this year:mad: I just returned from vacation and I was out sick for a week prior to leaving on vacation:frown: Soooo I had lots of work waiting for me when I got back in the office today. It's really hard to miss such an amazing event, the smiles on the kids faces make the day so special. I am really happy to see that the NSX community will be well represented at the event:smile:

Have a GREAT time and a safe drive to the Glen:cool:

Climberao said:
It is with great regret that Josh and I will not be attending this year:mad: I just returned from vacation and I was out sick for a week prior to leaving on vacation:frown: Soooo I had lots of work waiting for me when I got back in the office today. It's really hard to miss such an amazing event, the smiles on the kids faces make the day so special. I am really happy to see that the NSX community will be well represented at the event:smile:

Have a GREAT time and a safe drive to the Glen:cool:
Glad that you're back at work and feeling better, hope that you had a great vacation. You work too hard, Josh is leaving for DC soon and needs to be taken for spins around the track by BAP Racing(Sr. Member of course), Doc John, RSO and others, so you had best figure out a way to join us. I know that you want very badly to join us.....so, try, try again, if not, we understand even if Josh doesn't!!!!

Back