• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Koni with ground control modification.

attachment.php

I installed my set about 4 years ago so Ground Control may have changed the design.

From what I remember, the pedestal ridge(circled in pic) on the Koni body needs to be ground down so the threaded collars can slip over.

The configuration/assembly in the picture is wrong. My Koni shocks and Ground Controls were pre-assembled wrong from GC. This pic shows the front Koni shock not yet modified and a incorrect threaded collar was used when GC assembled my set.

picture.php

Sorry, not sure what happen to the pic. Hopefully this one is viewable?

Assembling Koni shocks with the ground controls is pretty straight forward. As long as you have the proper threaded collars and pieces from ground control you shouldn't have any problems. Hope this helps.

ok. your thread collar looks shorter than normal. so this is the wrong configuration?

Yes, wrong configuration in the picture. The correct threaded collars are longer. Someone at Ground Control either got lazy or didn't know wtf they were doing when assembling my set.:confused:

You running Koni shocks already? What's your current setup?

Back