• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lancer Evolution.. woes...

Shumdit said:
I bet there are a bunch of guys on some Neon SRT-4 forum saying the same things about the Evo that the Evo guys are saying here.

"My SRT-4 can whup Evo's all day long for thousands less!" LMAO

Not so sure a FWD drivetrain will be able to hold its own at a track though... Autocross perhaps, but not a full roadcourse. The drivetrain is such a limiting factor to the SRT-4. Great car, just fwd.

Rubber Chicken,
My point was that no matter what car you have, there will always be someone who thinks their car is better for some reason, whether it be cost, performance, the driving experience, reliability, etc. Opinions are like As*holes: Everybody's got one, and everybody thinks your's stinks except you!:D

Shumdit said:
Rubber Chicken,
My point was that no matter what car you have, there will always be someone who thinks their car is better for some reason, whether it be cost, performance, the driving experience, reliability, etc. Opinions are like As*holes: Everybody's got one, and everybody thinks your's stinks except you!:D

TRUE, TRUE!!! I say as long as you enjoy driving it that;s all that matters!!

Rubber Chicken said:
Not so sure a FWD drivetrain will be able to hold its own at a track though... Autocross perhaps, but not a full roadcourse. The drivetrain is such a limiting factor to the SRT-4. Great car, just fwd.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=6862&page_number=6
8th Place 2003 Dodge SRT-4

Driven by two-time SCCA national champion Erich Heuschele (left), the SRT-4 stole the One Lap Mid-Price Sedan show, ran third overall in appalling conditions at Road America, and emerged unscathed when Heuschele stood it on its door handles at Carolina Motorsports Park.
Apparently it can do well on the track as well...and seems to be even cheaper to roll than the Evo:. ;)
Perhaps in response to a plea from a member of the Subie/Evo crowd—"Do you think you could slow it down just a little?"—Heuschele provided some comic relief later in the tour, flipping the Dodge onto its left-side door handles at Carolina Motorsports Park, an episode that left Heuschele embarrassed, teammate O'Brien irritated, the crowd amused, and the SRT-4 uninjured save for some grass stains. Heuschele went on to claim the Mid-Price Sedan trophy, finishing an impressive eighth overall.

i love driving, I'd love driving more in an nsx. Ultimate mod machine for me. Just not the cheapest damn it!

The evo's rock too(if u dont believe me check out the 'Juns' garage' evo here in japan (bright yellow)

Preference in car taste is all it is. We should all enjoy our cars while we can, before the emissions get so stringent we're all forced to buy electric cars. group hug :)

I always love the Evo, which the Evo5 and the Mikenen 6.5 is one of my favorite... When I was going to purchasing my dream/toy, I have been fighting with the decision of a S2k or Evo or nsx, I finally chose later because of the MR layout. To me, all cars will "teach" me how to drive fast... but none will be better than the nsx... I'll see with my driving skills I would probably drive faster in an Evo and S2k than the Nsx, but, I was thinking to myself, if that's the case, that's why I need a nsx.

If you watch Best Motoring enough, you will see the Evo beat any car in a lot of races, and it is very easy to drive while the driver in an nsx would counter steer and fight for grip... that's a Type S- Zero in the hands of Professional drivers...

I guessed if I chose the Evo, I would be choosing the braggin rights and the glory of being a fast guy on the track... while I'm learning Controling myself (from keep my lead foot planted) and finese the driving lines...etc etc... but to all who track their nsx, it's more can be done with the nsx to achieve the good lap times...Which, is more important to me.

I totally agree it's all the driving experience, and sometime speed is only one of the elements there.

1. I agree totally that you can make any car go faster with enough money. I just watched an old raggidy mustang go lightspeed down the highway. It was old, ugly, but very fast. Soon after I saw a Blue Lambo Merciolago (don't know how to spell the whole italian word for "bat" and I don't care) drive by cruising down the road. Guess which car got the most looks.

2. I was only 23 when I bought my NSX. The car I owned before that was a 4-banger Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo. If anyone has seen me post here before, I have one thing to say: Mitsubishi is crap!!! Sorry to start any flames but......I hated My Eclipse. It almost qualified as a lemon. I have heard many horror stories about other Mitsu owner. They don't hold thier value and are not very reliable. My mitsu had problems with the tranny, electrical, engine leaking oil, water getting into the car from a design flaw behind the sunroof. My car spent a total of 3 months in the shop under warranty for repairs!!! BTW, Mitsubishi NEVER offered me a courtesy car. I'm sorry. If you wanna go buy a Mitsu Lancer thats fine.

3. I beat a stock Lancer in my NSX with a dying clutch. I have no real mods to speak of except intake and exhaust. He kept toying with me again and again. I didn't want to be bothered with him due to my clutch going bad. But "Its all I can stands cuz I can't stands no more!!" I took him from the light (in second to third shift of course:rolleyes: ) and left him far behind. He looked very upset when he cought up to me at the next light, but his g/f looked very impressed. Guess which car she probably wants to be in.

4. Remember the NSX is built for the track. I would wager that on a popular track..the NSX would take the Evo in performance by a competent driver. NO? well I would sure like to see some numbers....anyone?

5. I doubt many NSX owners would say "my car is one of the fastest/quickest cars out there. But, we all knew what we were getting when we got our NSXs (at least I would like to think so). If thats the kind of car you want then go buy a cheap ride and throw a bunch of money into it. BTW, did I mention that my Eclipse (POS car) was completely stock, brand new and never abused or crashed.....stupid POS car.

6. Um...........Honda rules!!!

First: I am totally in the NSX camp on this one

Second: you are right, the NSX will be faster given 2 very competent and experienced drivers on most tracks. The Evo is a faster car for most of us, because it lets you screw up more and get away with it due to the AWD handling characteristics. When I was younger I had a RX-7 Turbo (1987 model, not the Twin Turbo 93-95). I went to an auctocross and won my class (only about 4 other cars in the class, and the only real competition was an MR-2 Turbo, we were all pretty shitty drivers!) Then a guy in a Toyota Tercel with the Vinyl interior and 4 spd, I mean the BASE model 2 door beat all of our times with only a set of shaved tires and some slight suspension tuning. That was embarrasing! The point is, a good driver with a average car will be an average driver in a good car eight days a week on most types of tracks.

I still will always prefer the NSX, because there is not quite anything like it when you get behind the wheel.

Shumdit said:
Rubber Chicken,
My point was that no matter what car you have, there will always be someone who thinks their car is better for some reason, whether it be cost, performance, the driving experience, reliability, etc.

I'm afraid this entire thread is pointless as we are comparing apples to oranges. If any of us bought his NSX because he thought it was, is and will be the fastest car out there, then he did a $_____ (put price paid for the car here) mistake. IMHO, driving an NSX is just sending the message that: Yes, there are faster, cheaper, better handling cars out there than my NSX, but I own one and you don't. Bottom line, what you buy is EXCLUSIVITY. If this is not important to the NSX owner, then he/she clearly did the wrong choice.

Oh, and by the way, the best car out there is a 1992 red NSX #455. Might not be the fastest, but it's MINE ! :cool:

peace...

When I had my turbo Integra, I would run circles around RWD cars at Gingerman (2 mile road course) A properly set up FWD car can kick ass on a road course. PD ran a 2:30 lap time at Road America in a stock motored Speed Touring Nissan Sentra Spec V He barely beat that lap time with his supercharged NSX Speed GT car making more than double the power.

It is all about pwr/weight and on a tight road course, I believe a FWD actually has an advantage (trail braking etc)

Back